Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Galaxy vs KLX

1. #1 Galaxy vs KLX 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys
    I'm, planning to buy a bike and so so far my two best options are a Galaxy XTR 250 and a Kawasaki KLX 250. The Galaxy costs 8000RMB and is 2 years old whereas the Kawasaki costs 12800RMB and is 9 years old.
    I'll be test riding them next week to get a better idea but would love some input regarding these bikes. I'll be doing mainly touring/mountain roads, no hectic dirt biking as such.
    Thanks
    Padvark (Kunming)

2. #2 Re: Galaxy vs KLX 
    hello, i have a new galaxy 250 XTR bought while i visited the factory...they sent it to me in about 5 days....many small problems...but i had to replace the intake manifold as it was pulling from the head and the choke lever because it was not moving down when lever was prepositioned.....parts are very poor quality and workmanship is bad.......the factory is pretty basic old fashion assembly line with workers batteling the heat and looking unprofessional.... the bike look great however... some vibration. I posted 16 problems on another thread here you can find by looking at my postings...sorry im not to familar with this site. i wrote the factory called the factory several times, sent photos to the factory no response to my email after i spoke to the guy who said "send me an email"
    I would not spend 12000 on a 9 year old 250 unless it was a classic.....and i fear having a breakdown in a small town...what do you do??? whe that happens...how you going to get it fixed...cant leave it...it will certainly disappear...

3. #3 Re: Galaxy vs KLX 
    oh... i see you live in Kunming...whats it like living there,,,,thing to do??? things to buy,,availability of stuff? visited there one day last year..i like the lake and the mountain next to the lake.....
    i live in guilin...cant find much of anything and weather can be brutal......scenery very beautiful with many places to visit
    thanks
    ric