Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    I have a friend who knows a Lifan dealer. He said he can get a 125 for 6800 or a 力帆LF150-14忍者四代 for 8800. Those prices both seem a little steep compared to the other brands I've looked at (around 4000-5000RMB) but I have heard the quality of Lifan is higher than others.

Since I have no other Lifan shops to compare with, and didn't come up with much online (besides taobao) what is a reasonable cost for a Lifan?

2. #2 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    Posted this in the wrong section, but don't know how to move it. Sorry.

3. #3 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Harbinsteve,

I don't have the price for your bike. But where i live in north jiangsu - cheap area- there is no shiny chopper with front disk brake and oil cooling for 4 to 5000RMB.

At least not in the regular chinese brands or taiwanese brands - and of course no Japs. Here for around 8000 you can get a CFmoto 150 roadster with disc and water cooling, a regal raptor 125 roadster or 150 chopper, sexy Qjiang 150-26 with double disc inverted front shocks air cooled...And of course many chrome plated choppers of various quality.

So unless you are considering a bare bones roadster I wouldn't hold my breath on 4000RMB. And I am not shocked that the Lifan 150 -14 is 8800RMB.

Anyone disagree?

4. #4 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    Hey man. The Lifan 150 -14 is 8300 here in Guangdong, at least where I live. My advice would be to go with a Wuyang. I've known countless folks with them, and they seem to be bulletproof. Some may think the basic CG125 is a bit bland, but I think it's the Kalashnikov of small disp. bikes. I got the top level foreign export model, on the road, registered in my name, with plates for 6,500.

Quote Originally Posted by montigny02 View Post
    Hi Harbinsteve,

I don't have the price for your bike. But where i live in north jiangsu - cheap area- there is no shiny chopper with front disk brake and oil cooling for 4 to 5000RMB.

At least not in the regular chinese brands or taiwanese brands - and of course no Japs. Here for around 8000 you can get a CFmoto 150 roadster with disc and water cooling, a regal raptor 125 roadster or 150 chopper, sexy Qjiang 150-26 with double disc inverted front shocks air cooled...And of course many chrome plated choppers of various quality.

So unless you are considering a bare bones roadster I wouldn't hold my breath on 4000RMB. And I am not shocked that the Lifan 150 -14 is 8800RMB.

Anyone disagree?

5. #5 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    Quote Originally Posted by matt999tye View Post
    ...got top level foreign export model, on the road, registered in my name, with plates for 6,500.
    That "Kalashnikov" WY125-R is a special order item elsewhere expect Guangdong, Hainan, East Guangxi. http://www.wuyang-honda.com/product/...catid=24&id=11 Slogan are in Cantonese.
    Honda marketed another NEW OHC 4-speed machine for that class nationwide. Search CB125 in this forum for more info.

6. #6 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    That "Kalashnikov" WY125-R is a special order item elsewhere expect Guangdong, Hainan, East Guangxi. http://www.wuyang-honda.com/product/...catid=24&id=11 Slogan are in Cantonese.
    Honda marketed another NEW OHC 4-speed machine for that class nationwide. Search CB125 in this forum for more info.
    I see. I am in Guangdong, so it's very easy to get here. It's very smooth. Also, it is a 5 speed. I live right next to the dealer, so if anyone was interested in Guangdong only Wuyangs, I guess you could give me a shout!

7. #7 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    Honda CG125 life trajectory in China http://translate.google.com/translat...%3D%26page%3D1 WY125-R is the LAST generation
    -
    Although many bike's engine are CG alike, workhorse had regional difference : GD/ E. GX: As original CG shape | E. GD/ FJ : as Suzi GN shape/ Rest: 五羊款 shaped as GL/ WY125-A . Good road clearance / More room to put load...

8. #8 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    that was a sweet link bro. ive always liked the cg and it's classicness. anyway, i dont really get your replies. i was just suggesting a bike

Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Honda CG125 life trajectory in China http://translate.google.com/translat...%3D%26page%3D1 WY125-R is the LAST generation
    -
    Although many bike's engine are CG alike, workhorse had regional difference : GD/ E. GX: As original CG shape | E. GD/ FJ : as Suzi GN shape/ Rest: 五羊款 shaped as GL/ WY125-A . Good road clearance / More room to put load...

9. #9 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    时尚就是一个圆圈

10. #10 Re: How much should a Lifan 125 or 150 cost? 
    true dat. true dat. cgs were out well before i was born, but i still like the styling.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    时尚就是一个圆圈

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast