Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    I am looking to sell my 户A blue plate. Its is a real plate designated for bikes 100cc or UNDER.

Asking price is 35,000 rmb, which includes tranfer costs. I am looking to transfer ownership not just let someone use it. I have a shop on standby to assist.

A blue A plate is good for most scooter and small bikes. It is off my Sachs Madass (dont ask), which the engine has finally given up the ghost, and I just don't feel like rebuilding it

PM if interested....

2. #2 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Interesting - it seems the Shanghai Blues are about the same price premium ratio over Beijing, as the Yellows. In Beijing, a Blue is about 10K, but only good on <50cc bikes. I wish we also had the <100cc here.

A blue-plated-scoot for in-city errands is perfect. Can't be beat!

Good luck. This is probably a rare bird.

3. #3 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    Banned
    isn't the life span of blue plates limited to 8 years only?
    my blue Shanghai "C" plates on two Z50 Monkey-Bikes (50cc) got cancelled after 8 years, correct me if I am wrong and a different life span applies to Shanghai "A" blue plates.....

4. #4 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    Yes TB, blue plates Only last 8 years. But when you legal sell your plate and transfer the ownership the new owner gets another 8 years just like the Yellow plates. Hence the desire to transfer ownership verses allowing someone to just use the Plates under my name.

Just to be clear the bike which these plates are currently on will "scraped" so that plates can be legally sold to the new buyer. It is the same process as the yellow plates. However as Lao Jia hou mentioned these as not so common place anymore and it is really the best plates for riding in the city. Street marked no bike DO NOT apply to blue plates and blue plates are legally allowed in the bicycle lanes. In fact I rarely drove on the main road outside of the bicycle lane for safety believe or not.

5. #5 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    ....blue plates Only last 8 years. But when you legal sell your plate and transfer the ownership the new owner gets another 8 years just like the Yellow plates.
    Interesting as we were told that after 8 years the plates can not be sold on and transferred, this happened last years September and this year February, both 50cc Z50 bikes registered in Minhang district. Still got another 50cc Z50 (blue "C" plate / Minhang district rego) expiring next month and shall check into sales and transfer once again.

6. #6 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    My plates were used for 5 years so they are still good for sale. As I said I have a local shop ready to do the transfer when someone wants it.

7. #7 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    If you own a plate in Shanghai, it can be used on a bike for the duration of that bike's legal life, until it's mandatory scrapping date, which is listed in the registration booklet and typically is 12 or 13 years after the bike is first registered.

After you scrap a bike, you have a fixed period of time, I think it's six months, to assign the plate to a new bike, or sell it in the secondary market. If you fail to do so, it reverts to the Vehicle Management Bureau. I do not know what happens then, whether the bureau puts it out for sale in the secondary market, or if it just expires -- thus reducing by one the total pool of plates available for bikes in Shanghai.

I've never heard that the rules are any different for 沪C plates or blue plates, but you never know till you ask.

The moral of the story, again, is that if you neglect to assign the plate to a new bike or sell it in the secondary market, there's a chance that you have contributed tot he rising scarcity of motorcycle plates in Shanghai, not to mention having let your valuable asset go up in smoke!

Shanghaifingers, by this logic, the fact that you used the plate for five years should not concern you at all. There is no "half life" to these plates.

Unless I'm wrong.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #8 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    Banned
    still confused and will try once again with a plain - no custom- Z50 "Monkey Bike" (50cc blue plate) as we tried to sell on and transfer plates (Minhang District) around the 7.5 year mark and yes bikes would be handed over to be scrapped.... was a no go right from the start!

9. #9 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    Okay guys listen I am looking for someone to buy my plyes because i no longer want the plates or the bike which will be scraped if i find a buyer for the plates.

I have been in the motorcycle industy 5 years here in China. I know whats the deal. If you want the plate then PM me.

Again, they are legal 户 A blue plates, that owbership can be transfered. The asking prive is 35,000 rmb.

10. #10 Re: Shanghai 户A blue plate for sale. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello

Shanghaifingers.
    I am looking to get myself a bike very soon.

Is your plate still for sale. And can you please outline the basics of the restrictions etc of that plate.
    I understand it can only be used for 100cc and down.
    That will help me decide between a Lifan LF100-C or a CF Moto CF125cc

Thanks.

nathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast