Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchndent View Post
    Any chance a little bribery will get a guy with so much knowlege to take a look at it for me?
    Damn, I was worried that Fahni might get the pizza!

Seriously, he's the guy you need to have it checked out for you. I know very little about that make/model of bike, whereas Fahni's got a lot of experience with it.

Fire him a PM and check his availability (tell him I sent you ... and even suggest that I may offer pizza crusts for him) - he is also completely fluent in Chinese. If a telephone call with the seller indicates it might be a good deal, we can take my car out there, or perhaps even convince the seller to bring it into the city. But it really should be Fahni that chats with "the guy". He's the JL150 man.

2. #12 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Fahni is definitely not a little guy, and there is also another MCM member who stands well over 6 feet, and he likes his JL 150.

Seriously, try out one of the JL 150s ... I think you'd be surprised. Fahni has come with Barry and I (we were riding 600s) and Fahni had no trouble, at all, keeping up.

Did a quick search, here is one that seems not too bad:

http://bj.58.com/danche/10364392882948x.shtml

It is in Pingu, but I am there often riding around (nice rides out there). B-plated, 1,000 kms, and an asking price of 5200 rmb.

The Jialing dealer (Goldenport) usually has one or two 150s kicking around to check out size.

Glad I got in for the free pizza before Fahni logged in!
    Hey LJH, as I am still in my most productive years, I need to do things other than browsing MCM at least some time during the day. Maybe we could share one of these gigantic Kro's Nest pizzas (if your canadian ice hockey diet allows for that)? Seriously, why not head out to Kro's Nest for a MCM BJ chapter No-Bike-Night and thus bring in the full brute force of M/C expertise?

I had a look at the picture at 58.com. The price seems decent and with the JH150GY/3 you got a bunch of dealers/repair shops to choose from in BJ. Beijingriders is one. The dealership at golden port another. there is another one north of the summer palace where I purchased my last one. I am wondering why the bike has a different headlight case. Especially since he states that he has hardly ever ridden. maybe dropped the bike once? As for size and power: I am 185cm with around 80 kg and there are no problems with performance when riding one-up. I can gladly recommend this bike. the only flaw seems to be an unreliable electric starter. As discussed elsewhere (http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-3-impressions) different gearing and exhaust are easy and inexpensive mods that might help boost performance a little

One thought on riding the ZS150 with a 250cc engine: reach! The tank is probably only 7,5l big and gives you a reach of around 250km on a 150cc engine. With a 250cc engine, that would probably melt down to appr. 150km. That is not much when doing long tours in the wild north of China...
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

3. #13 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Damn, I was worried that Fahni might get the pizza!

Seriously, he's the guy you need to have it checked out for you. I know very little about that make/model of bike, whereas Fahni's got a lot of experience with it.

Fire him a PM and check his availability (tell him I sent you ... and even suggest that I may offer pizza crusts for him) - he is also completely fluent in Chinese. If a telephone call with the seller indicates it might be a good deal, we can take my car out there, or perhaps even convince the seller to bring it into the city. But it really should be Fahni that chats with "the guy". He's the JL150 man.
    OK, contact established. Waiting for rsvps to the no bike night at Kro's nest...
    JH-150GY-3

4. #14 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    RSVP - I can't do Tues/Thurs nights (band practice), but any other time is fine.

yeah, I noticed that JL150's headlight frame, also.

5. #15 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    So next Tuesday it is? Barry, Lobotomous, Filipu, Icke, are you reading?
    JH-150GY-3

6. #16 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    Mondays and Wednesdays are best for me, my only day off is tuesday and the last thing I think about it eating, smelling hearing about or working around pizza. But I always love beer. Weekends are a bad time, place is packed and usually reservations are booked up by thursday for the weekend, so either call early and I will book a table for the group or make it a monday or wed and no problem, I have the perfect table in mind so just let me know its really popular and I would need to book it for us to have a get together.

And much thanks to Lao jia hou and Fahni for offering to help me sort things out with this bike, if it looks good I am gonna buy it!

scratchndent
    A day in the life, Wake up, ride to work, work, ride home, lock bike and its beer thirty!

7. #17 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    Wednesday! I meant Wednesday!
    JH-150GY-3

8. #18 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    Thought I would give you guys some drool material, maybe this will help get the attendance for the no-bike night at the Kro's NestPIZZA!
    DSC09644.jpgDSC09649.jpgThis is our 28" monster pepperoni explosion, we need 24 hours notice to do these, but it feeds a small army, and the reference to the explosion, is what happens to your heart after you finish one, good ole greasy american style goodness, come get you some!!!!
    A day in the life, Wake up, ride to work, work, ride home, lock bike and its beer thirty!

9. #19 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    It's a 100% 223cc bike ordered from Chongqing.
    喜馬 is a big "hit" in those bike for the VIN & 合格證. The engine model & number are also made to match the 合格證.

10. #20 Re: Looking for some advice from the experts 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    It's a 100% 223cc bike ordered from Chongqing.
    喜馬 is a big "hit" in those bike for the VIN & 合格證. The engine model & number are also made to match the 合格證.
    Very interesting! I've heard that the JL150 can also be ordered with a 250ish motor, but 150cc badges. I've seen a few at the Jialing "dealer" in Beijing. They were apparently "export-only" bikes that somehow fell out of the distribution network.

Any idea why the serial plate might show a 2012 manufacture date? Maybe the "factory guy" just made a mistake?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast