Hi all,
Thanks very much for the welcome, I do hope you have your thinking heads on, here we go.I have a 2005 X-stream dirt pro enduro road bike, although it is 2005 it is kick start only, It is a 156FMi engine. The bike broke down on me three weeks ago when I had just finished my night shift, I have roadside recovery so they brought me and the bike home. the symptoms were no spark, I replaced the plug and coil and away we went again I had covered 10 miles on the road test and all seamed good, however later that night when I was ready to ride to work the bike would not start, I had no spark again, I have now replaced the cdi but still no spark, thinking it may be a faulty cdi I bought a new one and guess what still no spark, I have checked the flywheel pick up and have continuity from the pick up to the cdi, I have resistance readings from the pick up to the cdi, I have remade the connections from the cdi to the coil and have resistance readings at the coil but still no spark, I had to remake the ignition switch multiblock connections as some monkey had spliced the wires together, I have disconnected the kill switch and bridged it out still no spark.
Does this sound a big issue or have I missed something simple ? oh yes and I had the stator changed within the past 6 months and at that time also had the regulator changed I love this bike and it seams to be a shame to scrap it any ideas would be great...............