Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New CF Moto TR650 
    June.jpg TR650 this is what 50000rmb buys with tax and plate....very smooth, fast and wants to pull out of my hands when travelling at 100kmh and then opening the trottle and shifting up. grabs too much attention and the chinese want to touch every part of it when it is parked. gets hot under my ass when stopped in 35 degree heat but engine temp very good. it took 3 months to get it as i ordered when i visited the factory near Hangzhou...available in the US now the price for export..if you buy several is about half the price i paid here. of course one would have to pay duties etc...

2. #2 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    What are your views on the construction quality and paint? How have you found the rear luggage cases?
    Can they be removed?
    Will the rear luggage rack take a topbox if one wanted to mount one?
    How about the lack of a centre stand especially when it comes to chain maintenance time, or wanting to remove the rear wheel?
    The fit and finish of the plastics?
    I'd assume yours is the first series seeing as you ordered 3 months ago. Any teething problems or recall?
    Any storage under the seat?
    How about the tupperware up front, any small stowage compartments up there?
    What's involved in the tupperware removal?
    Any MP3/FM receiver fitted like on the CF250T-VIP or Jetmax?
    How about the seat, comfy for all day riding or no? Hows the front screen go with wind buffeting etc?

I'm looking forward to your reports moving forward.

Are you aware that CFMoto will be manufacturing a adventure/dual purpose bike based on the 650 engine... so that will round out the offerings with a naked 650NK, touring 650TR and an 650 adventurer...

If one bought 3 of the 650TR's here there'd also be a favourable deal (ex factory not from a dealer). I know that for a fact. But as you say in many markets abroad there'd be additional costs e.g. duties etc. And as most know America still represents the biggest market especially in motorcycles (though not scooters), which is why many items/accessories I want to buy for any one of my bikes can be bought in America for around half the cost I can get in OZ/NZ.

3. #3 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    seat is very soft for long ride...plastics good, side bags hold a lot and has the release for the seat..but no seat storage.
    paint is very pretty...looks nice in soft light like a Burgundy wife...more red when sun hits it. dont know why no center stand...heavy???
    good i got later than before...delayed delivery because of a gear or something from Japan....not sure but i had it two weeks.....450 kilometers fit and finish good.
    dont know if side storage is removal,,,,and center plate in back is quite large for storage box...which i have seen.
    20120628_134217435.jpg there is two small compartment in front..one is lockable..the other is not but get vvvvvery hot.. there appears to be two places for speakers....holes in a circle format...but nothing there now....
    leds..cannot be seen during the day
    time will tell more

4. #4 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Agree the red color looks very nice in the one picture of your bike we've seen. Curious about the turning radius on that bike, given how snugly the front wheel is tucked up under the fuselage. Have not seen this bike in the wild, nor have I seen too many pictures. The two images we see in this thread -- your red steed and the gray one just posted -- make clear that this bike is much more of a sport tourer than a dual sport. Apart from the higher bars, which I assume give a more neutral riding position, the front end looks a bit like a faired Ninja -- definitely a sport bike at heart like the 650NK.

I'm very keen to see how Chunfeng approaches the dual sport that Bikerdoc says is now in advanced development. So far, they have nothing in their growing stable that resembles a dual sport, which supposedly is the fastest-growing (or slowest-shrinking) segment of the motorcycle market in Europe and America.

keep it coming!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #5 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    it is an NK...when i was at the factory..here is the photo.....i test drove the TR and then the chief driver drove it and put it in a wheeeeeeelie......top to bottom and travelled a bit.....skidded to a point then turned back without stopping..burning rubber as he returned...i thought.....ahhh can you do that again ???so i can get my camera...but i didnt say it
    TR650Factory.jpg this was taken three months ago....i guess the open slot is for the future bike...he he

6. #6 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    this was fun...delivery...right out of the crate straight from the factory....yes..they put a small chip in it somehow...nothing to assembly but attach the windshield. photo of D-day oops

7. #7 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    deliveryday1.jpg oops here is the photo...didnt upload the first time....

8. #8 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    Here are a couple of pics to compare, a Honda RR150 and a CFMOTO 650 TR.

Look at the size difference, the Tr leaves me standing , Very fast for( a chinese Bike) so fast that i thought i had stopped while traveling 100kph lol.........DSC00138.jpgDSC00140.jpgDSC00144.jpg

9. #9 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    First 1000 kilometers, and no problems but a bolt that holds a plastic piece that wants to fall out. Very smooth and fast. Hot under the seat but it has been 35 degrees. The bright light needs adjusting, pointing to trees above, hope it is easy to adjust. Paint is good. The bike is heavy but it is what it is 650. I guess for more money they could add weight saving components. It performance remains the same in the future I will be very happy with this piece of Chinese machinery. i understand it is built for export.

10. #10 Re: New CF Moto TR650 
    The main headlight beam shoots off into the sky is what Kikikillercat means, low beam is ok, but the lights are not as bright as a car which the broshure states.
    All in all a very good solid bike, only the lights and heat dissplacement or lack of are the issues so far, it really could do with a centre stand also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast