Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    C-Moto Senior
    So the bike is booked in for its 1k service and the evil garage owner is dangling a shiney new scorpion exhaust in front of me...I have very little willpower so might go for it. Anybody here running a scorpion exhaust on a 650?

2. #2 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    So the bike is booked in for its 1k service and the evil garage owner is dangling a shiney new scorpion exhaust in front of me...I have very little willpower so might go for it. Anybody here running a scorpion exhaust on a 650?

Hi choldy

we all would love to know what HP gains or none the new exhaust has on your bike . In the UK you have access to loads of rolling road dyno we all would love to find out before and after BHP for the TR aka WK . Here in China to find a rolling road dyno is like trying to find a virgin at a brothel you have 2 hopes Bob hope and No fucking hope so see what you can find out for us and what is the cost in the UK for the new exhaust !

These guys in your area could help to check the BHP and re-map the ECU if needed

http://www.bmconversions.co.uk/rolli...ampshire.shtml

Thanks
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I'm going to be trying out this exhaust in about a weeks time. I put the order in yesterday with the Taobao seller and came to an agreement that if the muffler doesn't fit or perform well then I can return it for a refund. Fingers crossed it fits and works.

cf650 muffler-1.jpg

It certainly is a much cheaper proposition than the IXIL's offered on Taobao for the CF650's, but feel it's worth it. If it works great, if not I'll send it back and then consider if I'll go with an IXIL at triple to four times the price.

cf650 muffler-2.jpg

I plan to disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes after fitting, then reconnecting to see if the ECU/ECM recalibtrates itself.

cf650 muffler-3.jpg

4. #4 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    i also did look that exhaust while back and thought that looks so good!!
    but too bad that those import taxes did kill that dream pretty quick..
    maybe in next year when i go visit in Europe I might bring something back.

5. #5 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    C-Moto Senior
    image.jpgNew exhaust sound awesome

6. #6 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    wow, seems like that new exhaust turned your world upside down...

7. #7 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Oops that's twice I've managed to do that now!!!

8. #8 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc
    I'm going to be trying out this exhaust in about a weeks time. I put the order in yesterday with the Taobao seller and came to an agreement that if the muffler doesn't fit or perform well then I can return it for a refund. Fingers crossed it fits and works.

It certainly is a much cheaper proposition than the IXIL's offered on Taobao for the CF650's, but feel it's worth it. If it works great, if not I'll send it back and then consider if I'll go with an IXIL at triple to four times the price.

I plan to disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes after fitting, then reconnecting to see if the ECU/ECM recalibtrates itself.

Why on earth would you want to put a Chinese made muffler on your bike? Chances are it's loud and runs straight through robs your bike of lots of torque and makes it fail emissions and annual inspection. Also I doubt that the ECU can deal with the changes and would need a complete remap. However it might make your bike sound deeper and louder.

Personally I'd only consider a Scorpion exhaust that's specifically designed for the bike, but even for that I'd need to know how much weight I would save and any dyno proven any increase torque and power before I bought it, they're not providing that information so I'd avoid that too for now.

9. #9 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    Maybe because it only cost 500 rmb and the Doc said if he is not happy he can send it back and let's just say for now it is ok and works well with gains in BHP and let's say the ECU does work well with this cheap Chinese made exhaust ??? Yes I big if but with out people like the Dickerdoc how would we all know someone has to try keep up the good work Doc
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #10 Re: WK650 Scorpion Serket Exhaust.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Maybe because it only cost 500 rmb and the Doc said if he is not happy he can send it back and let's just say for now it is ok and works well with gains in BHP and let's say the ECU does work well with this cheap Chinese made exhaust ??? Yes I big if but with out people like the Dickerdoc how would we all know someone has to try keep up the good work Doc
    If there are barely any dynos in China how would any Chinese dude be able to design a muffler that could possibly give an hp gain? Also how would you ever know if you even got one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast