Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Dongfang D250RTC - Don't Buy This JUNK!!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    I bought two MC_D250RTC bikes

Don't buy this junk. The salesman told me they would go over the bikes with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything is in tiptop shape before shipping. What a lie as they dropped shipped the bikes from the manufacturer rep (Sunny Power Sports) in Chino, CA. The bikes came exactly as they left China... angle iron skeleton on a pallet. The plastic and some chrome parts were all dented and worn from the angle iron rubbing against it (probably from the long boat ride from China) One bike has a bad rotor/wheel that shakes so violently when the front brakes are applied that it is too dangerous to ride. The engine on the other bike leaks oil.

These bikes are supposed to come with a warranty (as I paid extra for this warranty option) however the people won't answer my e-mails and give me the run around when I call for support.

The main importer: Sunny Motor Sports from Chino, CA won't help me as they keep saying the "Distributor" needs to address the warranty concerns.

So I have two brand new Dongfang bikes with the following problems:

Bike 1
    -Major wobble when front brakes applied (this bike is too dangerous to ride)
    -Speedometer pickup broken (from all the violent wobbling)
    -Front Fairing (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)
    -Front Windshield (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)
    -Exhaust Shield (Near foot Peg) (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)
    -Left Drivers foot Peg (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)
    -Brake Lever (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)

Bike 2
    -Left Fairing (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)
    -Clutch Lever (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)
    -Left Drivers foot Peg (Damaged from angle iron/shipping)
    -Master Link on drive chain (no picture) (fell off on first ride got 50ft from driveway)
    -Starter Motor (starter stays engaged after bike has started) (intermittent problem)

How do I go about getting these parts through warranty if the distributor won't talk to me?
    Last edited by tkvoice; 10-08-2013 at 12:04 PM.

2. #2 Re: Dongfang D250RTC - Don't Buy This JUNK! 
    C-Moto Noob
    I just got a phone call from them and they are looking into the delivery of the parts

I will let everyone know the out come
    Last edited by tkvoice; 10-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.

3. #3 Re: Dongfang D250RTC - Don't Buy This JUNK! 
    C-Moto Noob
    The store I purchased the bikes from has been trying their best to get the supplier Sunny Power Sports (aka ScooterDepot.us) to make good on the warranty parts.

After a 3-week wait for parts to show up I received a box of used parts and over half of the items were for different bikes.

This is one of the worst experiences I have had with a major purchase.

I have two of these bikes so I can keep one bike running by stripping parts of the other however every time I take it for a ride something breaks or falls off. Even the brackets holding the little 2oz horn can not handle the weight of the horn. I have had 2 of these brackets break just taking it for a short ride.

My advise to you if you are interested in purchasing one of these is DON'T DO IT ....save up your $$ and buy a bike from a manufacturer that has a service depot in your neighborhood. Stay away from the Ningbo Dongfang DF250RTC as you will be working on it all the time and struggling to find parts.
    Last edited by tkvoice; 10-08-2013 at 12:06 PM.