Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Triumphant disappointment 
    Thank you for registering for Triumph’s annual Open Day this Saturday 14th July.As part of the registration process you were entered into a prize draw and you will find your prize code below.To find out what you’ve won simply visit your local dealer this Saturday taking a hard copy of this email with you.

Prize
    s include a brand new Street Triple, Triumph LIVE tickets, T shirts, caps, keyrings and vouchers for 25% off clothing on the day.
    Your prize code is
    Traveled miles to get to local dealership, taken for a fool by a snide arrogant dealer. Received a 25% discount on clothes that were way overpriced to begin with, not a voucher. Nearly half the other clothes were already discounted (because they are so expenive no one buys them). The dealer also made excuses why riders shouldn't be able to test ride any bikes 'it's a bit busy', lack of address confirmation, not all the license is quite right, etc, insurance problem etc, etc.

Really a sour experience and a waste of my time. why do o many British companies not have a clue about customer service or how to treat their potential customers with any respect? I go to event that cost them money to put on and it makes me less likely to buy their bikes?!
    At least give me a freaking sticker as a 'thanks for coming' gift.

2. #2 Re: Triumphant disappointment 
    That's disappointing.I'm thinking of buying this street triple.You can come and ride it when I'm finished repairing it wait a minute maybe you should come and ride it before I start repairing it.Ha Ha ha. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180924390...84.m1438.l2649

3. #3 Re: Triumphant disappointment 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    From the detailed description, something tells me the previous owner did a bit too much "stunt riding" with this bike. Finally tells us it's a "reparable write-off"! Pretty trashed, I'd say, but the price is seductive.

Good luck with it!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Triumphant disappointment 
    C-Moto Guru
    I know that the Kawasaki open days (or whatever they call them) have been a big hit in the states. Are there any planned for where you are spending your summer? The reception you got from the Triumph dealer was frigging awful. Is it like that with all the dealers there? I had a dealer in Canada let me take a used VFR 800 out once without even calling ahead for an appointment, I just saw it in the lot. Thinking you might want to email Triumph corporate and let them share your experience a little. This is some pretty negative press from what was supposed to be a promotion.

5. #5 Re: Triumphant disappointment 
    Yes, the UK customer service is almost as bad as China, although not usually quite that bad. Just when you have enough people that might buy, you don't have to try (they think).

It all makes me feel that really Triumph are similar to Harley, marketing to older guys with a 'lifestyle' product for people who prefer 50's cafe racers instead of cruisers. Not a pure riding machine, very disappointing.ill try another dealer.