Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Galaxy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Galaxy 
    Galaxy Motorcycle is a division of Guangdong Yinhe Motorcycle Group Co., Ltd that has lost nearly 50% of its production for YTD March 2012 compared to that same production a of March 2011. Production at 26,152 compared to 48,111, they are the 42 largest manufacturer in china and represent .47% of total production. At an annualized rate that is about 100,000 unit a year.

Their total exports as of FEB 2012 are off from 2011 at 57%
    13,344 exported as of FEB 2012 and annualized rates of an estimated 80,000 units sold annually.

Galaxy is a specialized division that manufactures these models that come with either a 125cc/150cc or a 233cc engine.

SUV 250

XTR 250
    Last edited by MJH; 05-03-2014 at 04:47 PM.

2. #2 Re: Galaxy 
    Sources please...the bullshit in this post is just insane.

Do you really think that in Q1 of 2011 Galaxy produced 48,111 motorcycles?

Do the math YTD (year to date) March = 1st 90 days of the year.

48,111 units / 90 days = 534 units per day, with no days off. 534 units per day / 24 hours = 22 Galaxy's per hour.

Completely, absolutely, impossible.

I think your numbers relate to Yinhe, not Galaxy, even then, I find them suspect as I've been in their facilities many times and don't believe they are processing 534 units per day.

BTW, what's your point of making this thread?

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Galaxy 
    Source: http://www.chinamotorcycle.com/

The number are the totals for Yinhe according to the Statistical reports on the above website.
    Galaxy’s numbers would be fractional of the Yinhe totals, but would be part of the totals as they are part of that company.

4. #4 Re: Galaxy 
    http://www.chinamotorcycle.com/

Details the industry’s production in quarterly reports, it list them in a top 50; in production and also as a subset exports.

It also details the industry as a whole in production volumes by engine displacement (whole units), engines only and also three wheeled vehicles.

Selling more implies success in the markets, selling less implies less success in the markets. Implying that total unit volumes do not matter implies the markets are mindless. However it is possible to sell less and improve the overall quality of the offering.

I am not seeing any improvements in the offerings only better pictures on the Galaxy website…. They added some better images and I created a thread…if they offered or did more I would then have more to write about.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-21-2012 at 03:11 PM.

5. #5 Re: Galaxy 
    Galaxy translates to Yinhe and 銀河

However Galaxy is a division of Yinhe the company.

6. #6 Re: Galaxy 
    The math or analysis would require these variables.

Area, staff size.

The disclosed variables of production capacity are here:

You could go into the statistical reports, they are archived, back to the year the webpage was last updated, probably 2009 or earlier and see if the claims of 150,000 unit’s a year on the website match the reports in that year? Based on the perpetual year after year shrinkage rate that began around the time they stopped updating the website. Then see if consistency exists…that is an auditing method.

I’ve done that on others and would say the reports are relatively consistent, they may be all over stating production numbers, but that would mean they get government funds based on production or some incentive exists for them to over state or exaggerate production numbers.

7. #7 Re: Galaxy 
    I know that their offerings were once available in the US and UK as SMC, Southern Motorcycle Corp (not sure of the 'Corp' part). Now they are available via Pitster Pro as their XTR 230 and XTR 150 bikes. I could have sworn that somewhere on Pitster's site, I saw something where they offered a lighting kit and motard wheels for the off-road only XTR bikes.

The SUV is a sore subject with you, MJH. I remember when they were supposed to have them US legal and ready. Their other bikes look like decent Chinese bikes, but a little steep in price as offered through Pitster, IMO.

8. #8 Re: Galaxy 
    The SUV250 is not a sore subject for me, it might be for others but not me.

Putting a light kit on an off-highway motorcycle does not make it a legal on highway motorcycle, any state that allows plating would be in violation of federal regulations. Off highway vehicles have less strict emissions, that’s only one reason, the other is that off highway vehicles are not subjected to NHSTA regulations. The manufactures have to abide by federal regulations for a model to be sold for On Highway use and a dirt bike would not, it would not have a FMVSS stating compliance decal that’s required….because it’s a dirt bike and would not meet Federal motor vehicle safety standards.

Pitster sells street legal bikes (on highay) but those are Skyteam products and they are the agent insuring that they are legal. Pitster is apparently not willing to get involved in doing that for Galaxy which does not have any EPA certificates for on Highway models and i s not registered with the NHSTA.

I opened a line of communication with Galaxy only because they advertised the SUV250 as available for a single unit purchase and at $900.00, I researched the regulation and realized they are not legal they have no EPA certificate and were not even familiar with NHSTA regulations, the exact response was “ I have never heard of that”. I sent them the related information and was told thanks and then it was goodbye.

9. #9 Re: Galaxy 
    Guys i really like this brand and especialy the xtr 250. Also i think they sell sell the TGR air cooled & liquid cooled just for the China market wich i think its pretty too. I start to see a version of that one with the loncin 4 valve engine!1108241629af33fe3d7052008c.jpg

10. #10 Re: Galaxy 
    That’s not a Galaxy, the engine in that bike is the Zongshen SOHC 4-valve, it is also called the NC250.

Galaxy's largest engine offering is the 223cc engine, they I believe sell to these people.
    http://www.pitsterpro.com/bike/photos/id/53

Pitster bored out the 223cc engine, to 69mm, which is more then what most big bore kits take the engine to, most kits take it up 2mm and to 233cc from the stock 65.5mm to 67mm here is vendor that sell the Big Bore for the CRF230, they call it a 240 big bore but actually they start with a 223ccc and add 10cc.
    http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Products/Products.aspx

The XTR 250 SC is actually a 248cc engine it is over bored by 4mm, they lowered the prices and with an MSRP of $2,599.00 they are priced right for sure. The base 230cc model is $100.00 less.

There are also performance cams for the engines as well, the kit is $300.00

Pitster never offers hp or torque ratings, the stock 223cc rates between 16-17hp, I wonder what they get with the big bore engine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast