Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Coast To Coast Motorsports (Lifan / Sumoto) 
    http://www.coasttocoastmotorsports.com/

I stopped by Coast to Coast Motorsports yesterday and checked out some of their products and took a few pictures to share...

Coast to Coast Motorsports is the Canadian Lifan distributor, however they also sell Sumoto, which is why I'm posting this here rather then in the Lifan section...

Here you can see some of the little Lifan bikes, LF 110 GY3 and the LF 50 Q GY. To me these look like would be a blast to put around on, or run down to the store in town...

Outside is a cool sight,

I think they may actually be a little overweight, so they may not want to stop by the scales

Up front is a Sumuto 250 Tsunami, a 5 speed, 250cc engine, semi-automatic transmission and shaft drive. It is a 2wd, and reportedly very easy to handle, though I didn't want to take it for a spin with such a load on it.

On back is this beast,

An 800cc liquid cooled machine, with 4 wheel independent suspension. It is also 2 wheel drive. Looks like a heck of a lot of fun.

Next up is a Lifan 200cc ATV

They aren't a bad looking machine, but not as good looking as the Sumoto's which I think is why Coast to Coast is distributing Sumoto ATV's primarily, rather then Lifan.

The Sumoto 150 Typhoon is automatic with kick and electric start, and is chain driven. It looks like a good machine, but would be a little small for my size and weight.

Next up are a couple of 300cc machines,

The first one is known as a Sumoto 300 Hurricane. It is a 300cc, 4spd, with manual clutch, electric start, and aluminum rims. It is a chain driven 2 wheel drive.

The black one there is actually Ken's atv (Ken is sales manager and a great guy to deal with), it is a Sumoto 300 Tornado. It is also a 300cc, 4spd, 2 wheel drive.

Finally, the Sumoto 200 Cyclone, this one I may be adding to my stable, in which case I would be providing more info and pictures on, but for now, here she is in all her beauty,

This one is in yellow, but I'm going to be looking at the red / black model.

It is a 2 wheel drive atv with electric start, and is chain driven.

The instrumentation is all digital. Featuring the tach, speedometer, and temperature gauge.

It has a 200cc Zongschen Liquid cooled engine with 4 speed manual transmission.

One main thing I like about this one is that it's water cooled, that was something I was looking for... The plastic on all of these Sumoto ATV's looks to be high quality, and they look to be built really well.

I didn't manage to take it out for a spin as they were extremely busy, although I am sure if I asked they would have made time for me to take a few spins around the lot, I will be returning there shortly though and may take a couple for a spin for comparison.
    Last edited by Jim; 06-08-2008 at 08:45 AM.