Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: FLOWERS OF WAR

1. #1 FLOWERS OF WAR 
    C-Moto Noob
    Flowers Of War - poster 2.jpg

CHRISTIAN BALE WAR EPIC ‘THE FLOWERS OF WAR’ TO RECEIVE UK RELEASE BY REVOLVER ENT

Revolver Entertainment, the award-winning independent film distribution company, have announced that they are set to release the $90 million war epic, THE FLOWERS OF WAR, on August 3rd this year.

This breathtaking movie stars Academy Award® winner Christian Bale (THE DARK KNIGHT RISES), and is brought to screen by the internationally acclaimed director Zhang Yimou (HERO, HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS).

Action packed and yet deeply poignant, THE FLOWERS OF WAR is set during the “Rape of Nanking” in 1937, following a Japanese invasion of the city. As the most extensive film production ever undertaken in China, it’s release by Revolver commemorates the 75th anniversary year of this bitter war, and tells the tale of a terrified group of refugees brought together amid the war’s chaos.

Zhang Yimou is known around the world for his breathtaking films, and for creating the astonishing opening ceremonies to the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. It was here that he began to envisage THE FLOWERS OF WAR - and several years later, shooting finally began the largest domestic production ever mounted in the country.

Snagging Christian Bale as the lead role was a major coup for this sweeping epic; the first real collaboration with a major Hollywood star in over 100 years of Chinese film history.

The movie’s release has not been without controversy: while back in China to promote his passion project, Bale was arrested by Chinese authorities after an attempt to visit well-known human rights activist Chen Guangcheng - a blind human rights lawyer under house arrest – and threats of censorship ensued.

In another revelation, the script seemed to bring out Bale’s softer side: “I found it a very human and very moving story” he says. “The trickiest thing for me was watching all those poor girls bawling their eyes out the first few days… It would almost make me cry. I’m looking at them… and I’m thinking, this is going to be tough.”

Yimou confirmed: “Christian was especially great with the kids…he was moved by their performances, which in turn heightened his own.”

Bale noted: “I think Yimou makes staggeringly beautiful movies with real substance to them and brilliant characters.”

The sensational musical score – by composer Chen Qigang who devised the world-famous theme tune to the 2008 Olympics opening ceremony – is further heightened by the haunting melodies of famous American violinist, Joshua Bell.

Flowers Of War is showing exclusively at Empire Cinemas from August 3rd 2012. For information and to book tickets visit www.EmpireCinemas.co.uk or call 08 714 714 714.

Trailer: http://youtu.be/PnhjmPCQrsA

2. #2 Re: FLOWERS OF WAR 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Umm, thanks for this.

Does Batman ride a motorcycle in this flick?

And welcome to MCM, soniasokhi. Do you ride a motorcycle?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: FLOWERS OF WAR 
    Batman is gonna be in near future Nikola Tesla.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #4 Re: FLOWERS OF WAR 
    C-Moto Guru
    Spammer is spamming. I thought the new format was supposed to cover these bots but I guess obviously not. Best one I've seen here recently was the one asking for help with Honda motorcycle keys, listing a bunch of links he'd tried but was unsure of.

Btw this movie was painfully bad.