I am looking to get a new bike in Shanghai for both weekend use and longer touring. I am pretty keen on the idea of getting a Jialing Sidecar outfit, but I would not want the sidecar attached all the time. I realise that it is an integrated frame and so removing the sidecar isn't going to be a straight forward job, but I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with this?

I have previously owned a Triumph Bonneville with a Watsonian Sidecar (see below) and so have a bit of experience with removable outfits so I am thinking that there should be a way of separating the Jialing and then customising a 3 or 4 bracket mounting system.

I am assuming the braking system and electrical loom would need some modifying as well for ease of separation and reattachment.

Any suggestions, concerns, help in this regard would be much appreciated!?!

Furthermore, I went to see LZD today about buying one and he seemed pretty slow to deal with so if anyone has a direct contact with some sales at Jialing then their details would be much appreciated. Also, what is the standard time frame for getting one ordered? I really need to get one sorted for a trip at the end of September. Do people reckon that this is feasible?

If anyone had an outfit they are looking to sell please pm me!

IMG_1499.jpg