Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Unusual scooter / monkey bike - identification help needed 
    Yes, I know what "Tricker" is. I was reffering to this quite unique and recoglizable detail.

Fuel_tanks.jpg

As I can see, those "Ryukas" are not based on "Cub's" (or, what "Zong" makes nowdays - "Innova/Wave" based clones) frames. Why?

Their frames have a single beam that connects the engine mounts and head tube. On the lower part, goes close to the crankcase, and then turns up and goes to the head tube. Because of that, there is no room for the carburetor, so he must be directed... like this:

This is classic "Super Cub" frame, but same thing is with newer "Honda" designs with "horizontals" and their Chinese clones.

Plus, they all have single, lower triple clamp - unlike this "Ryuka". Not to mention single shock at the rear, fule tank on his usual place (on "Cubs", he is under the seat)...

Bottom line: IMO, for "Ryuka", they have used some other frame.

BTW, isn't "Ryuka" name that "Zong" gave to his square tube frame enduro/SM, the one that "Kasinski" sells in Brazil?

Speaking of Brazil - this "Chilly Willy" of yours looks like modern interpretation of old brazilian "Yeke", "Yake" or something similar named bike.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #32 Re: Unusual scooter / monkey bike - identification help needed 
    http://www.zongshenthailand.com/

Ryuka is Zongshen in Thailand.

3. #33 Re: Unusual scooter / monkey bike - identification help needed 
    "Zhujiang" ZJ110-2R

Zhujiang_ZJ110-2R.jpg

Preety odd looking two-wheeler, if you ask me. It seems to me that this is a "mix tape" made of several different two-wheelers - cubs and scooters, he's even got something from enduro bikes.

I would say that the frame, along with horizontal cylinder engine, as well as 17"-14" wheels got from clone of a cub bike, with a very clean, modern design. I admit, I've developed a taste for these underbones, but I'm not a connoisseur, and I can not say who from Big Japanese Four makes this particular cub, but here is his one of his Chinese clones - http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/601...orycle_for.jpg

This disproportionately large seat is (evidently) borrowed from some maxi scooter, and all these "private parts" are covered with strange sculpted plastic panels, which are made of elastic ABS plastic, widely used on enduro bikes.

In general, many of the details on this "Zhujiang" look as if they were forcibly incorporated onto this Cub.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234