Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Suggestions from Oberdan Bezzi, these are off his motochetches blog, I translated the content and edited it only so it made sense as the translation to English became awkward to read. The original post dated THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2008, so they are not new.

JINCHENG TWINTRACKER & MIDITWIN 250

Two proposals for another Chinese giant who wants to look out on the Western scene of the motorcycle market.

Both equipped with a twin-facing air-cooled 4-stroke engine (CMX250) being proposed on a variety of models (mostly custom) from JINCHENG for the markets of the Far East.

The model wants to fit in the emerging genre of TWINTRACKER Supermotard / Streetracker from cities in which at the time the proposals in the cylinder 250 are few.

The MIDITWIN is instead a proposed "alternative", a real motorcycle naked, but with more compact dimensions starting from the wheels, a genre that has set a trend in Japan for years and if JINCHENGwants to enter in Europe with then a plus would be a twin cylinder engine

A nice comuter with no real serious performance, but that might appeal to those who are always in search of the vehicle just to stand out.

2. #2 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Here is another post....translated and unedited.

Almost all the Chinese manufacturers of motorcycles, also market an endless series of small engines fitted to an infinite number of additional vehicles, mostly indigestible for Western audiences.

Yet a scramblerino of 250 cc., Twin, with two marmittine one hand, an auxiliary tank and a nice comfortable saddle, we are sure you would not be welcome?

No inventions or "chinoiserie" in bad taste, a motorcycle with a simple, linear engine performance "sufficient" and very low consumption of off-road genre on the Japanese 70's.
    It might even become a FASHION!

Appointed to this task should be Zongshen that has a nice catalog 4T 250cc twin-cylinder air-cooled, which would be ideal for a bike like that and that has expansionist ambitions in those countries where such a means would be fertile ground.

OBIBOI.

3. #3 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Source
    http://motosketches.blogspot.com/search?q=250

It should not take to much imagination to see that the Chinese 250cc engines can fit into many of these designs.

4. #4 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Problem is, with this 234cc engine (which I have in my bike) is heavy, thirsty and a bit underpowered (compared with a modern EFI single as in the YBR250). Makes sense in some ways as a twin is a sweet engine for a road bike, but it really is time for one or two of these manufacturers to get hold of a lighter, air-cooled, EFI twin, say from the last 10 years it would really be more appealing.

5. #5 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    First things first, these were and still are just a way they can establish themselves with brand names in the market. Then they can develop the next versions that are more performance oriented, these looks are very special and could do well if the lines developed into larger more powerful versions.

These are all show for sure and the concepts are the same thing but the show is just different.

I would never buy one of these Rebel copies, but the others concepts I would but only if well made and well supported.

It is all about life cycles of products, the CMX250 has had a real long run, I do not think it needs to go away there is always going to be entry levels and those do not need to be performance bikes, they are just for fun and just for attracting and acclimating new riders, but also they can be just a commuter that offers a personal design/style statement.

Honda only offers a few cruisers in the USA for 2012

One is actually morphing into a roadster.
    Honda Shadow RS

6. #6 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Оnline translatоr is killing me...

Man wrote: "Eppure uno scramblerino di 250 cc., bicilindrico, con le due marmittine da un lato, un bel serbatoietto e una sella comoda , siamo sicuri che non sarebbe gradito?"

And this electronic wonder come up with: "Yet a scramblerino of 250 cc., Twin, with two marmittine one hand, an auxiliary tank and a nice comfortable saddle, we are sure you would not be welcome?"

Cute little tank became auxiliary tank, one side has become one hand, they never heard italian plural for muffler... Damn, my English is better then their Italian... And that's no good...

These sketches I see as confirmation that any decent Chinese bike factory can assemble a team of half a dozen people: a pair of designer and true motor enthusiasts who will shape the product, one engineer, one technologist who will say "This detail we can produce at a given price, and this we can't.", one realistic marketing manager ...

It is five ...

And someone to take care for catering.

This is a half-dozen that I mentioned.

Result of their work could be something else than today's offer.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #7 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Оnline translatоr is killing me...

Man wrote: "Eppure uno scramblerino di 250 cc., bicilindrico, con le due marmittine da un lato, un bel serbatoietto e una sella comoda , siamo sicuri che non sarebbe gradito?"

And this electronic wonder come up with: "Yet a scramblerino of 250 cc., Twin, with two marmittine one hand, an auxiliary tank and a nice comfortable saddle, we are sure you would not be welcome?"

Cute little tank became auxiliary tank, one side has become one hand, they never heard italian plural for muffler... Damn, my English is better then their Italian... And that's no good...

These sketches I see as confirmation that any decent Chinese bike factory can assemble a team of half a dozen people: a pair of designer and true motor enthusiasts who will shape the product, one engineer, one technologist who will say "This detail we can produce at a given price, and this we can't.", one realistic marketing manager ...

It is five ...

And someone to take care for catering.

This is a half-dozen that I mentioned.

Result of their work could be something else than today's offer.
    I actual heard an Italian dialect while I read it and then got hungry.

8. #8 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Honda's new Shadow is aligning on the trend back to standards, HD sees that and is addressing it as well.

This is redundant but, the V250 also exists in production in china.

9. #9 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    In this recommendation, he merely calls for an update, raises the seat and moves the foot controls back to mid-position.

10. #10 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Problem is, with this 234cc engine (which I have in my bike) is heavy, thirsty and a bit underpowered (compared with a modern EFI single as in the YBR250). Makes sense in some ways as a twin is a sweet engine for a road bike, but it really is time for one or two of these manufacturers to get hold of a lighter, air-cooled, EFI twin, say from the last 10 years it would really be more appealing.
    You made me check what the fuel economy of the Rebel is, its actually rated at 84MPG that’s not thirsty, it actually very good?

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/re...fications.aspx

The application that Honda submitted to the EPA for the 2012 has the CMX250 rated at 13.6kW @8500rpm and that’s really nothing to get excited about but 18.50 is respectable for that displacement.

But that is the 2012 Honda version of the engine, the Chinese versions do not share the numbers of the Honda original. So if we talk about refinements, that is a goal, to get to the level of the original.

The Rebel has a curb weight of 330lb that’s the wet weight according to Honda, not light .

With a top speed of 70mph its not a Highway motorcycle, it’s a learner and or a commuter.

It all makes me think it should be Honda developing a line in china off that engine or contracted to set up production of the engine to its specifications?
    Last edited by MJH; 09-09-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast