Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Yes, it's bit heavy and underpowered, shaky too, but thirsty?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #12 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    The V-Star 250, according to Yamaha has a curb weight of 232lbs, its rated at 78mpg.

I have to say that whoever does the data entry for the EPA could get tested for dyslexia. My best guess on the power rating for the VX250 is 14.4kW @7500 rpm, but I am reluctant to think the information in the EPA database is accurate, I can spot data entry errors. They confused the XT with the XV the former has 16.4kw and both have a “c” version for California and they have their numbers crossed a couple of times. It bother me because we all here are paying allot for government and its disturbs me when I see that.

The 19.58hp rating listed sounds about right, but a bit generous, for the VX250 and 22.3hp seems a bit generous for the XT250 as well that is the engine in the YBR250, but that information comes from the manufactures.

Considering all the armchair journalist and variability in specification published on the internet, the EPA data is closer to the bible then much of their inaccurate regurgitations. There is primary data and secondary data, what is the source is always a valid question.

I request government to manage and regulate the propagation of primary data and all others be held accountable to any misrepresenting it. I will pay taxes for that and not for haphazard data entry and inaccurate numbers and propagating false information with the intention to mislead that is already a crime, what is missing is primary control and repositories for primary data that the manufacturers submit and the government monitors.

If you have a copyright then that’s great, if you claim one and do not then get it together that’s copyblight.
    http://www.jetlaw.org/wp-content/jou.../Tehranian.pdf

The problem with big government is the same as that of no government, that’s about overgrown egos over stepping boundaries. Data repositories should be open to all to see and then primary sources of information can be checked by anyone.

3. #13 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Entry level is low power.
    18-19hp is not too low.

They can make those and sell the concept bikes they just need to legitimize the method they bring them to the market with, the people they are often dealing with are incorrigible.

The Japanese have laws about information the source and the reuse of it monitored, it can be trusted as accurate.

The Chinese should study that and work to or aspire to the Japanese standards, not that the Japanese are all angles, but having regulatory control over the primary information prevents misleading or misrepresenting numbers.

4. #14 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    There are variances between engines that are manufactured in Japan compared to those manufactured in China. Certain engines can be compared directly, the CMX250(Honda) and VX250(Yamaha) can be compared directly. You cannot find bad reviews of the Japanese versions, you can find little on the Chinese versions as for reviews, comparing them directly is something for the Chinese engineers to revisit. The hp ratings are lower on the Chinese version and can range between 8-17% depending on the source.

How can anyone have confidence in any larger displacement engine production considering the variances of Chinese manufacturer engines that can be directly compared with Japanese originals.

The Chinese manufacturers should focus on these two engines and be striving to get them to the Japanese standards, then release them in new frames and in new design forms, like the ones in the images above.

Honda CMX250 2012 MSRP $4,190.00

Yamaha VX250 2012 MSRP $4,190.00

Both of these are decent for what they are, they offer decent power and also fuel efficiency and they are not dirty either both have respectable emissions and the Japanese version both have EPA certificates for 2012.

But they are old designs, they have not taken any new forms in decades.
    Last edited by MJH; 09-08-2012 at 04:04 PM.

5. #15 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    You made me check what the fuel economy of the Rebel is, its actually rated at 84MPG that’s not thirsty, it actually very good?
    Yeah, that's for the original Honda engine. I can tell you from personal experience with the clone chinese engine it's not anywhere near as efficient. I know, technically speaking if the the clone engine and original engine put out the same power surely they should use the same amount of fuel, but somehow not.

6. #16 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    What I know about the Chinese versions of this twin engine, is that they can vary in terms of peaceful and quiet work, more or less vibrations, and also in fuel consumption. If I remember correctly, guys from our local moto forum came to the conclusion, that because of the slightly different carburetors, Qingqi's cruiser consumes less than almost identical Kinroad with virtually same power, acceleration and top speed.

The conclusion imposes itself: this old twin engine is good as much is its manufacturer willing to invest some extra resources to make a quality product.

7. #17 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    The Japanese engines both the CMX250 and the VX250 use a 26mm constant velocity carburetor.

Gilera VCR-250

Cixi Kingring (Jinlun)

The Gilera is not bad but the Oberdan designs actually make me forget about the modest engine, they are new and different. I could get by with the engine if it was made as well as the Honda and came in a real cool design. If they could get them to the market for about 3K they would sell allot of them, but that is assuming they got everything right.

8. #18 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    I actually prefer the VX250, but would not right off the CMX250 it has potential.

These should be easier to bring to the market and can be copies of the original, but they would have to check to see if Yamaha has retained any right to the design.

9. #19 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Could have manufactured this…

But instead choose this…

Jinchengs production YTD midyear 2012 is down 50% from YTD last year, their corporate website is a disaster. They abuse the Suzuki trademark to new levels, they stick the Suzuki trade mark next to nearly everything they sell. That is difficult to see since it takes several attempts to even get to anything material on their website.
    They have marketing images of the above JC250-6 with the Suzuki emblem displayed, the bike at best is a modified version of a Honda, so all they are doing is copying one famous brands bike while prostituting it under a different famous brand. What is interesting is that while raving about creating a famous brand “Jincheng” they are actually failing miserably and offering up what can only be perceived as embarrassing for them.

They find a pretty model and pose her next to a version of a model that has been over produced to ridiculous extremes.

I think the expression is “canned” selling “cool” is canned, buying into it is a panacea, its not cool it is on the other side of it? Doing the same thing as the majiority is playing into convention, that’s not rebellious is it. it’s a sort of march stepping fold of followers. In other words its gross.
    Last edited by MJH; 09-08-2012 at 04:10 PM.

10. #20 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Although, bike looks interesting and different from the models from which it originated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast