Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Yes it’s a sport version…all the chrome bits are now painted black. I am sure there are people that like it, its just I do not imagine that many.
    The Italian designer simply offered a low cost alternative to that engine, one that would appeal to different people.

From a manufacturing stand point offering multiple versions of an engine has value, it keeps costs down, but so does simply adding plastic parts and that is the option the Chinese often take.

The little sport bike would turn new heads and attract new audiences? But it all has to be presented professionally or people simply shy away.

With 50% looses in production….they could not do worse less they chose to chase off buyers with a stick.

2. #22 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Not sure but it is possible that Jinlun, Kinroad and Yamasaki are all part of Jincheng Group?

3. #23 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    You haven't realized that creating subsidiary companies has become Chinese national sport?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #24 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    You haven't realized that creating subsidiary companies has become Chinese national sport?
    also the writing of sentences that lack action words…..

5. #25 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    'Yamasaki', still a classic.

Yet Hondaha, Honzuki, Kawaszuki remain unused? Surely some government employed no imagination inbred will discover these 'gems' as extra names to hide their 2nd rate bikes with a terrible reputation for quality and customer service. No, we're not 'Golden Dragon Jade Star Wind inc' we're Ducata-Guzzi this week mate.

6. #26 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    You would not believe, but this Yamasaki has quite solid reputation in category of the 50 cc bikes.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #27 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    My point was that such a large manufacturer as Jincheng, which is falling in rank like a brick has to have some marketing channels. If you Google the brand names I listed you will find lots of the brand names with images, the brands are in the markets.

It is possible that all these are subsidiaries for Jincheng and get engines from a Jincheng engine plant?
    To be a subsidiary that typically means that the parent owns 51% of the child, they are typically a central source for funding, material and or technical resources.

In a more perfect system the Groups would detail their holdings and the channels they have to the market through those subsidiaries.

What is real and tangible apposed to all of it being a secret.

Ideally the parent offers a business process and platform it shares with its subsidiaries. However if they cannot or have not mastered that, then it’s the blind leading the blind. In that case it is a matter of the subsidies following the parent off the cliff.

The parent with majority shares if wise can differentiate its holdings, for instance the twin engines going to one that develops models around those.

Another may be focused on developing markets and or domestic sales?

But then getting the distribution channels sorted out may require some singularity, that being a common network that handles the supply into the markets, but doing that well requires a business system that should come from the parent. If that parent does not see that, then they should sell their holdings to those that can and will be better parents?

It is all conjecture since there is no list of subsidiaries and parents to consider, its all vague or anonymous, more about false pride and the very often fabricated accolades, then being anything tangible to consider.

The real tragedy would be a company that claimed a Japanese parent and in fact none existed, seems that would have negative impact through the company. It would license deceit as a charter, who would they be fooling, besides themselves?

Last edited by MJH; 11-23-2012 at 04:37 AM.

8. #28 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    There is a trading company on Alibaba that goes by the name Golden Motors, they have some familiar models listed.

But this one is a new version, I have no idea what factory is putting these together, it’s a CMX250 standard and not half bad looking.

It just needs some adjustments...
    The seat is not right, should be a standard seat, it does not need the dip in it, the rear fender could be revised and the taillight and directional’s as well. The controls should be mid set not forward.
    Last edited by MJH; 12-12-2012 at 05:41 PM.

9. #29 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 
    Xinling is pursuing the use of the VX250 in the form of the SRV250, they have their version advertised on their Alibaba page.

I just would like to point out that the SRV250 had twin carburetors, two 26mm CV types tuned for more hp.
    If they do decide to bring the bike to production they should consider that original configuration and for markets where it would meet emissions, namely the USA and Canada as well as others.

I believe that the air box is located under the tank? Nice to see a functional innovation?

10. #30 Re: Jincheng and CMX250 based concepts 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast