Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Hey Guys,

Just arrived on the website, glad to join the community!

Did a lot of research lately regarding the the 650NK (cfmoto) and the Benelli BJ600GS and I'm aiming for the Benelli as it seems that the 650nk doesn't age well, plus breaks are more reliable.
    Problem is: I can't find an official Benelli store in Shanghai (you can find 7 official stores for the CFmoto).
    Heard about a shop on jiaozhou lu / taizhou lu but doesn't look official though...
    Can you guys help me out? Do you have any good address for the BJ600GS (shop assistance, maintenance, application of the guarantee: 2 years of 50000km...)
    Beside, it seems that the BJ600GS is about 39800 RMB on taobao, what about the price in a Shanghai store?

Thanks in advance for backing me up.

T.

2. #2 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Warm welcome to MCM.

I cannot speak to their service as I've not bought a bike there, but I test drove the Qianjiang/Benelli at the BMW/Suzuki shop at 193 Pubei Lu near Guilin Lu, behind the Shanghai South Railway Station.

浦北路193号, 近桂林路。

I strongly suggest you take your time, and ride both the Benelli and the CFMoto, and even the Jialing JH600 if you really want to understand these two newer offerings. I won't be the only one skeptical about notions that the 650NK "doesn't age well" given that it's only been in the market for a year or so. I felt the QJ/Benelli had questionable build quality, though it was probably a pre-production model.

Have you seen or ridden either bike?

I'm not pushing the JH600, but I do have one, and like it very much, and in fact much prefer it to the QJ/Benelli.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
    Last edited by euphonius; 08-12-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Buying a Benelli from the Taobao site supposedly diminishes your chances of getting warranty service. Also it's unclear who is going to assemble your bike once it is delivered, or even where it is delivered. I'd love to see the research you've done on the 650NK. Can you please post some links? Hoping to hear more after you buy a bike.

4. #4 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Hey thx for the prompt reply mates!
    The JH600 Seems an interesting deal indeed:
    http://lpymoon.blog.163.com/blog/static/146934492009618099975/[/URL]

But if it would be a jialin, I would aim that:
    http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...5-1024-696.jpg

So You test drived a Benelli and you felt the Benelli had problems of build quality: could you specify plz? What about comfort of drive? Ergonomy? Performance?

I saw both motos, but got more from cf moto as I've been at their shop: 37800RMB, 2 years guarantee, illimited km. You'll find 5 brand new 650NK there.

There's quite a good review of the 650NK there (5pages):
    http://www.cfmoto.com.au/MN6123p034-040cfmoto.pdf

Benelli vs cfmoto review here:
    http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2012/other/12060901.htm

Basically the Bennelly is more powerful, more reliable (better breaks) but less maniable in turns than the 650NK !

Com'on Benelli owners: give me your feedback regarding your drive and tell me if there's a reseller in Shanghai.

Cheers,

T.

5. #5 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmanda View Post
    Hey thx for the prompt reply mates!
    The JH600 Seems an interesting deal indeed:
    http://lpymoon.blog.163.com/blog/static/146934492009618099975/[/URL]
    There have been rumors of a mid-displacement Jialing twin or four-banger for a long time, dating back to that image you've found. There seems to be no substance to the rumors at all.

Jialing is continuing to develop and support the JH600A, which is doing well in Brazil under the TRAXX brand, and seems to be holding its ground in China. It does not sell in great numbers outside of the military and police contracts, but the current "A" versions seem to have ironed out many of the earlier problems.

So You test drived a Benelli and you felt the Benelli had problems of build quality: could you specify plz? What about comfort of drive? Ergonomy? Performance?
    Euphonius report on test ride of the Qianjiang/Benelli BJ650GS

I saw both motos, but got more from cf moto as I've been at their shop: 37800RMB, 2 years guarantee, illimited km. You'll find 5 brand new 650NK there.

There's quite a good review of the 650NK there (5pages):
    http://www.cfmoto.com.au/MN6123p034-040cfmoto.pdf
    Yeah, well, that very positive international review of the CFMoto/Chunfeng should tell you something. There is no comparable international review of the Qianjiang/Benelli. Please also note that the CFMoto 650TR is getting better reviews than the 650NK, and CFMoto are said to be deep into development of yet another model -- a dual sport -- built on that seemingly reliable twin engine.

Benelli vs cfmoto review here:
    http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2012/other/12060901.htm

Basically the Bennelly is more powerful, more reliable (better breaks) but less maniable in turns than the 650NK !
    I suggest you spend a bit more time in the MCM threads about these bikes. We all want adequate power in our bikes, but I'd caution against putting too much stock into the power of the Benelli -- not because I have doubts about the power, but because I seriously question the need or appropriateness of such power here in China. Are you really sure that the ability to exceed 200kph is a good metric for value in a bike? How about safe riding position, quality of build and especially controls (I found the shift and brake pedals laughably flimsy), responsiveness and braking?

OK, to each his own and I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I'll say it again: Try your best to test ride these bikes yourself, and talk to folks who own and ride them. To my eye there are more 650NK and 650TR owners in MCM than BJ600GS owners.

Good luck!
    Last edited by euphonius; 08-13-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Thanks for your reply!

Actually, I'm not much interested into power, 650NK seems to be more than enough. But I do pay attention to a quality, comfortable with reliable breaks motorbike.
    Honestly, I am still hesitating and I might take the 650 from cfmoto. I saw the 650TR, at the same shops actually, seems perfect for long drives.

I'm going to continue look for feedbacks and reviews.

Have you heard about the JIALING-JL-600-4?

7. #7 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Qianjiang/Benelli at the BMW/Suzuki shop at 193 Pubei Lu near Guilin Lu......

......has a brandnew Benelli 600cc bike (white) on display today, was just over at Spidi shop up the road and had a look in the Benelli - Suzuki showroom.
    Once again, just looking at the Benelli 600cc, the bike is small and tiny after getting of a Jialing sidecar.

They moved the bigger Benelli import bikes into the same shop and looks like they either gave up or lost the BMW reseller status as no BMW bikes / parts are shown.

8. #8 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Jialing seems to provide quality motorbikes, I found that there's the JL600-4 is on the way (it seems that it hasn't been release yet), not release date available either. Woud be quite interested if available already!

Very sharp look:

JIALING-JL-600-4-motorcycles-15187365-1024-696.jpg

9. #9 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    The large CF Moto dealer also has BJ 600's for sale. They do have good service and they are fun guys as well! He is on Wu Zhou Lu, near Qi Xing Lu.
    Last edited by Shanghaifingers; 08-13-2012 at 06:41 AM.

10. #10 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Hear, Hear!

it seems that you guys were right about the Benelli 600GS. I met an owner this morning and told me that he had a serious engine problem with his bike after 2500km and had to pay huge repair fee. Told me that Benelli can offer you assistance by phone but won't pay for the repair. He strongly advised me not to buy a Benelli as he's quite disappointed about the quality of the bike and the non-assistance provided by Benelli!

Consequently, I won't buy a Benelli.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast