Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Shanghai "A" + "B" bike plates are equal. Was told the Shanghai "C" bike plates are around 15000RMB now?
    Well I bought one (户C) 6-8months ago for 8500rmb (up from 6000rmb one month earlier). 3 months later they were 10500rmb 2 days ago I heard someone paid 12000rmb, but not yet 15000rmb. T.B Racing rest assured buy one now means money in the bank next month... they will quickly climb as they are now also like 户 A‘s in the sence that they are now nolonger made new and only recycled plates are available and the market demand is increasing everytime 户A's go up.... I buying my max number of plates per person now as potential investments, it also gives me an excuse to buy more bikes.... hehe (two total motorcycle plates regardless if A or C)
    (i hear you can "pay" to have that increased but rumors of such activity in China are never founded.
    coughcough)

2. #22 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Well I bought one (户C) 6-8months ago for 8500rmb (up from 6000rmb one month earlier). 3 months later they were 10500rmb 2 days ago I heard someone paid 12000rmb, but not yet 15000rmb. T.B Racing rest assured buy one now means money in the bank next month...
    G'Day,

No worries, two of my colleagues have each Shanghai "C" plates on cheap run-around bikes on standby..... lets wait and see next year, a 2013 BMW 800GS could somehow fit the bill if (a very big if) I would ever buy another big bike in China, for the time being I am very happy with my collection of 2-wheel bikes and the JL sidecar... Owned a BMW 800GS for years back in Oz and that bike never let me down in the Aussie Outback doing extreme long off-road riding and long distance trips on tarmac.

ps: A Norwegian Benelli 600 biker was over at HQP Roadhouse this week Tuesday for lunch and he told us that the shop charged him 15000RMB recently (Shanghai "C" plate & rego, the 15k RMB might include some sort of service - agent fee, not sure). Mention MCM to him, not sure he will sign up and become a member here.

3. #23 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    I bought my Hu A plate the 1st september 2012 for 69500 rmb, just before they decided to stop producing these plates as the number of motorbike accidents increased drastically lately, now it's a confirmed 85000 rmb, middle 2014 should be 100K easily. Keep it on baby, keep it on!
    Last edited by Topmanda; 12-03-2012 at 10:32 AM.

4. #24 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Sorry buddy but they stopped making plates long long long before that. I bought a plate 3 years ago and paid 29,000rmb and we all thought that was already to expensive. Plate production restriction came along with the motorcycle restrictions in the early 2000's i believe. Technically Shanghai has banned motorcycles as well as the other cities but rather the simply getting rid of them overnight they deciede to simply cut off plates and allow the motorcycle community slowly die from bleeding. Now however the Amcham and other business and trade bodies are trying to get China and the US to see these restritions as trade barriers to negotiated. Maybe we won't simply run out of plates in the coming years.... Fingers crossed!
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

5. #25 Re: Where to buy a Benelli BJ600GS in Shanghai (reliable reseller)? 
    Appreciate the clarification! thanks man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123