Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hi from Sydney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi from Sydney 
    Hi all,

I have been on this site for a few months but I finally bought a C-moto yesterday. Brand new Kinlon 200GY Super motard. I really like it. Nice and light and fun for cruising the harbour city. As i said, only got it yesterday, so not much more I can say about it yet.

Any tips or hints for breaking in a c-moto would be greatly appreciated. Haven't given much thought to mods yet, so advice on that would also be great.

Thanks!

Marty.
    Attached Images

That's a cool bike, haven't seen one of those before :) Welcome to the site.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmarty45 View Post
    Any tips or hints for breaking in a c-moto would be greatly appreciated.
    Running these motors in properly makes all the difference, You can rev it high, but never with full throttle or for prolonged periods, also never lug them up hills, get into a lower gear and keep revs up using low throttle.

The ideal running in regime - You need the revs to free things up and make sure there are no high spots but not loading the engine by giving it too much throttle.

It was always suggested to me that the actual revs are not a problem within reason as long as the load on the engine is not high , so running along on half throttle down hill at near max speed is better than lugging up a hill in top "keeping the revs down" !

Heat build up is the enemy when running in. If you do a long run while running-in, stop once in a while to let things cool down.

There's a school of thought that recommends full throttle occasionally for short bursts during the initial period of running-in. This is to ensure that combustion gasses get well behind the piston rings and force them onto the cylinder. This removes the last of the machining roughness and beds the cylinder and piston rings in properly.
    Failure to do this means that the cylinder walls will glaze over and cylinder pressures and therefore compression will be lost in the future. No real damage, but lower performance.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Running these motors in properly makes all the difference, You can rev it high, but never with full throttle or for prolonged periods, also never lug them up hills, get into a lower gear and keep revs up using low throttle.
    Thanks for the advice forchetto. I will definitely follow it.

Thanks for the welcome Jim, I like the bike too, and at only $3600 (AUD) ride away with 6 month warranty it is too easy.

Marty.

Marty,

That's a sweet looking bike and welcome to the site! After you've had a little more time in the saddle, don't hesitate to let us know your honest opinions and experiences with the ride.

How was the purchasing process? Is it easy to register it legally? Sometimes here in the US that's not so easy. As always, would love to know more!

Ride Safe, Have Fun,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    How was the purchasing process? Is it easy to register it legally? Sometimes here in the US that's not so easy.
    Carl it couldn't have been easier. I went into the shop at about 1 o'clock in the afternoon, the bike was sitting on the show room floor. I sat on it and liked it. I checked out the black one out the back (but red ones go faaster ) so I took it. I wandered off to look around the shop and in no time he had put a licence plate on the bike, filled out the rego form and put a temporary rego sticker on the bike. The proper one will come in the mail in two weeks. After some gas and oil and a few last minute checks, I gave the car keys to the missus and I rode out of there at about 2.30pm.

It all happened so quickly I left the tool kit and owners manual at the shop

The only issue starting out was as the bike was warming up the black "heatproof" paint on the exhaust pipe smoked and burnt off.

Marty.

That sound A LOT easier than it is in the States. If you buy a bike here through mail order, your papers for registration don't usually come with it, leaving one with crossed fingers and pee-pee dancing until they arrive some days later.

It all happened so quickly I left the tool kit and owners manual at the shop
    Well you'll certainly have to go back and get those! Hope it isn't too far. Would be interested to see how quality the owners manual is.

The only issue starting out was as the bike was warming up the black "heatproof" paint on the exhaust pipe smoked and burnt off.
    Yup, you got a C-Moto alright!

I really wish they' use some better steel on their pipes.

Also, FWIW, I had a buddy from England back in Chengdu that bought one of these bikes (with the 21" front wheel) back in 06'. He ran the hell out of that bike and apparently had very few problems with it. I understand it's been refined since then so hopefully it will stay a winner for you!

CC
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Well you'll certainly have to go back and get those! Hope it isn't too far. Would be interested to see how quality the owners manual is.
    Not sure how good the owners manual is I never even took it out of the wrapper, and thinking about it, the book was only very thin. I'm not too worried as their website has detailed diagrams and full parts list of the entire bike including the engine.

http://www.kinlon.com.au/spare_parts.php

I had a buddy from England back in Chengdu that bought one of these bikes (with the 21" front wheel) back in 06'. He ran the hell out of that bike and apparently had very few problems with it. I understand it's been refined since then so hopefully it will stay a winner for you!
    That is really good to hear. I have heard some mixed reviews (quite a few good though) about these bikes, but that is pretty standard of all C-motos. And for the price, it is great.
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

9. #9 Kinlon 200GY with Loncin engine 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I notice that it has a LONCIN counterbalanced engine fitted. You can tell by the bulge or extension to the front of the crankcase. This houses the balancing shaft and couterweights.
    This should mean it's as smooth as a virgin's thigh. Do you get any vibration at all?.

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Do you get any vibration at all?
    She is pretty smooth actually. A pleasure to ride.

The biggest problem I am having is at start up. I usually have to start with the kick start (but thats ok), i let it idle while I suit up, but as soon as I shift down and start to go, she sputters and dies.

I live on a hill, so I have to get it rolling down the hill with high revs before it can take off without stalling.

After it is warm it is fine.

Is this a standard problem with the c-motos? Is it a symptom of it being young and will improve? or should I just get over it as it is not the most serious problem (only annoying)?
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast