Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    C-Moto Noob
    I am a new owner of a CFMoto Jetmax. I bought that after my Jonway YY250T was rear ended while I was stopped at an intersection and the driver behind me was looking for opening and not looking at the the road in front of her. The bike appears to have mostly rear and side plastic damage, (I got a sprained finger that won't heal) but I am done with that scoot and the repairs I seemed to be always doing to it, so that why the Jetmax is now in the garage.

The Jetmax is a heavy beast. It seems to have a higher center of gravity than I am used to handling, so I need more time to learn to ride that one.

I am pretty good mechanically, but I am really hoping I will have to do less to this scoot. I already find that I will need to replace a headlight, so will upgrade the pair. I need to learn more about the MP3 player and how to connect it to an MP3 source. There must be some cabling that I am not understanding.

So like I said, I need to learn more about the Jetmax handling, things like with the lower frame height, I can't turn as sharp as I used to with the Jonway.

I will likely be doing more reading than posting here as there is a lot of information and resources I will use to help me out with my scoot.

Don
    Winemaker, Meat Smoker, Stock Trader and Scooter rider.

2. #2 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Vintner Don,

Welcome to MCM! I can envision smoking meat, trading stocks and riding scooters in Minneapolis, but winemaking?? I hail from California wine country, and know enough to stick to brewing beer! What's the story?

As for the Jetmax, you'll surely find no better source of information than our own bikerdoc, whose copious reviews, advisories and other postings on that big scoot you've probably already found.

Would love to see pix of the Jetmax next to the Jonway, and of course pix of the Jetmax in the wild -- perhaps rolling through those Minnesota vineyards!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    It is very cold in the vinter in Minnesota , but not too cold though to be a vintner.

4. #4 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    hey gidday there and welcome aboard the CFMoto Jetmax gravy train. You will find a lot of information about the Jetmax in MCM, but if you have any questions please ask. BTW, the Jetmax also can be supplied with an integrated rear luggage rack, so if you read the forum posts related to the Jetmax you will find the related information. If your dealer can't help you get what you need then I can. It seems that CFMoto in China are not making it easy for their suppliers offshore to source or be supplied with many items that can be bought this side. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

5. #5 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    oh, and the thread is useless without photos. As like many other motorcycling forums - no photo and then it doesn't exist.

6. #6 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    C-Moto Noob
    jkp
    Two Words: Lodi Exports!
    One member of our wine club allows us to pre-order grapes. He then brings in about 11 tons of grapes from the Lodi area in a refrigerated truck. I normally make a batch of a Zinfandel and a batch of a Cabernet blend. I generally make 5-15 gallons each, so 2-6 cases of wine from each blend. I should be hearing about the grapes available for order in another week or so and will get them probably mid September.

Doc-I had seen a post about the luggage rack, and I feel the Jetmax is lacking in the area. I may be contacting you for help on that.

I have to come up with a name for the scoot, Jonway was Ming Sue, but nothing has really come to mind for the Jetmax. Maybe Bertha, Big Bertha. She is a big girl and heavy too.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope as I go along I can contribute as well as do a lot of research here.

7. #7 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    I expected that those two words would be Riesling and Pinot Noir.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #8 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by vintner View Post
    jkp
    Two Words: Lodi Exports!
    One member of our wine club allows us to pre-order grapes. He then brings in about 11 tons of grapes from the Lodi area in a refrigerated truck. I normally make a batch of a Zinfandel and a batch of a Cabernet blend. I generally make 5-15 gallons each, so 2-6 cases of wine from each blend. I should be hearing about the grapes available for order in another week or so and will get them probably mid September.
    Dude, you are hard core! I thought I was crazy trying to brew quality craft beer in China. Eleven tons is a lot of grapes. How much do you need for a 15 gallon batch (three carboys, I'm guessing)?

OK, and since this is a motorcycle forum and should be kept on topic: Dear MCM members, pleased don't drink and ride -- not even Vintner's Midwestern plonk!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear MCM members, pleased don't drink and ride...
    Yes, yes.... don't drink and ride!

Drinking while riding is impractical - you can spill your drink all over you, and there is a problem if you have a full face or enduro helmet.

So, if while driving you feel thirst, stop, have a drink of your choice, and then continue riding.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #10 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just a quick note on winemaking, only because euphonius asked.
    I buy 36 pound lugs of grapes. 2 lugs make roughly 5 gallons. For some of my blends, I (unlink a winery) blend at the crush by getting 4 lugs of cabernet and a lug of merlot. This gives me about 12 gallons of wine which fits in my stainless steel variable capacity tank. As this ages, I add oak cubes to add some flavor. As it nears completion, I add bottles of wine to create the blend I want. For 'the big five' blend, I have the cab and merlot from the grapes, and will blend in a percentage of malbec, petite verdot, and cab franc. I generally am starting the wine in September and hopefully bottling sometime between March and May, depending on time and wine characteristics.

Back in the early days of my winemaking (I have been winemaking for over 27 years) I would enter county fairs and the MN state fair. I have a nice collection of ribbons (including one from a national competition) but would loose my wine. Now have a little more experience and make better wine. I keep my wine and skip the ribbons.

And the rule is, no drinking and driving the scooter. I also do woodworking and have a very nice tablesaw that has a very sharp and fast blade. Woodworking first, then open the bottle. All my fingers are still in place.

And, since this is a motorcycle forum, I did pick up my license plate for the Jetmax yesterday. I did find out that the MP3 player is a connection for a flash drive. Load music on the flash, connect to the USB port and that is the player. I thought there may be a cable to connect to the 3.5mm connector on my phone so I could listen to I heart radio.

My first gas fill was 53MPG. That fill was at 125 miles on the bike.
    I will add a bike speedometer this weekend so I have more accurate speed and will have a trip odometer.
    Oh yeah, I will need to clean up my winemaking equipment. I am sure the grapes will be coming soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast