Hi, I am a new member from Chengdu. Thanks for this fantastic forum. I am studying to take the motorcycle exam and I really appreciate all the helpful tips and insights on this board.

Alas, I am a total luddite when it comes to motorcycles, having only owned one bike as a teen, and that a rice-burning Yamaha somewhere in the 125 cc range. For the past three years I have been blissfully cruising Chengdu on my humble little e-bike, but my school is soon moving to Du Jiang Yan (50 clicks outside the city) and now the e-bike just won't cut it.

One of my fondest teenage memories is of pulling up astride my willing machine beside this beautiful, buxom blonde lassie idling her flaming red convertible at the light . Sporting the obligatory teen uniform of long hair and muscle shirt, I imagined myself the very picture of adolescent Adonis there upon my steed.

My new-found love object turned to me with an open regard of approval and hungry admiration, all of which evaporated in a nanosecond when, having neglected to put my feet down for the light, I unceremoniously fell straight over in picture perfect, slow-motion, Keystone Cop fashion.

Such tortuous memories of youthful lessons learned aside, in my rose-colored mind's eye I recollect feeling like James Dean incarnate when I was astride my urban rice hog, and I am looking forward to re-experiencing some of that high, when and if I ever pass this bear of a test.

Cheers!

Mike