Quote Originally Posted by vintner View Post
Your just sayin and I'm agreein' Sometime, we will need to PM about the luggage rack. There just isn't enough room to allow me to make a stop after work to pick up things I need at the local hardware store. The helmet, light jacket for ride in to work, raincoat, my lunch pack and thermos pretty much fill up the under seat storage.
I hear ya Vintner, a topbox makes all the difference. If you get yourself one that has a quick release from its base plate all the better IMO, though YMMV. Something else to consider though aside from the topbox is a tunnel bag which sits in the gap in front of the seat. There are a couple of varieties specifically made for maxi scoots. Givi make two, one of which is made the Suzuki Burgman 650. I have one and it is great. You could always trip around though and find any bag with the right dimensions to fit in that space, which I laos have done and it cost way less than the specific Givi bag for the Burgman. Aside from the tunnel bag option, I attached several hooks near the cubby door under the handle bars. I also fitted a small "U" bolt just underneath the cubby door lock, then attached a small caribena. I use this for all kinds of extra carrying capacity e.g. the odd shopping bag, or attaching my helmet "D" ring etc. Let me know by PM if you can't get the luggage rack from your dealer should you want it.