Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vintner View Post
    ...I did pick up my license plate for the Jetmax yesterday. I did find out that the MP3 player is a connection for a flash drive. Load music on the flash, connect to the USB port and that is the player. I thought there may be a cable to connect to the 3.5mm connector on my phone so I could listen to I heart radio. My first gas fill was 53MPG. That fill was at 125 miles on the bike. I will add a bike speedometer this weekend so I have more accurate speed and will have a trip odometer. Oh yeah, I will need to clean up my winemaking equipment. I am sure the grapes will be coming soon.
    The USB connection will connect to all types of devices, so experimentation is the key to finding out if you can use your phones ability to connect to radio and stream it over the stereo, or just what will work with the direct connect function of the Jetmax's player device. I use a little portable MP3 player for that. The heart of the Jetmax stereo "device" sits under the dash cluster - just in case you are wondering. Keep in mind that the Jetmax stereo system is a FM receiver so there is the ability to connect devices that can stream via FM frequency. I have a little FM sender device that plugs into a vehicles cigarette lighter, so I have also wired in cigarette lighter extension plugs as a power source. Once this is connected and powered up I just transmsit on a selectable frequency then it's a case of tuning in the Jetmax FM receiver. I have to admit that I have not tried to connect and use my HTC HD2 smart-phones FM radio function, but then I also have several gigabites of MP3's on it that I sometimes play directly through a set of ear plugs or just through the phones speaker, with the phone sitting in a GPS type cradle attached to the top of the dash protected from the elements under the screen. The key with the USB plug in the cubby is that it does supply power as well as act as a data receiver, but only when the ignition key switched on, which is partly why I hard wired in a cigarette lighter plug extension (3 plugs and has a USB plug too).

2. #12 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    The Jetmax is a 200 kilo scooter. my CF moto tr650 is the same weight but bigger engine of course. The Jetmax is a long machine... Your storage I believe is good for two helmets and thats about it. I hope you enjoy the ride. mine is smooth and i have had a good first 1000 kilometers...i have yet to figure out why my bright head lamp points to the sky....
    welcome to MyChinaMoto

3. #13 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    The Jetmax is a 200 kilo scooter. my CF moto tr650 is the same weight but bigger engine of course. The Jetmax is a long machine... Your storage I believe is good for two helmets and thats about it. I hope you enjoy the ride. mine is smooth and i have had a good first 1000 kilometers...i have yet to figure out why my bright head lamp points to the sky.... welcome to MyChinaMoto
    Incorrect, the Jetmax is not 200kg, it is 179kg. Mine might be 200kg with all the added extras and a full compliment of tools plus electric compressor I carry under the seat snug in the rear tail section.

4. #14 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    C-Moto Noob
    This is getting to be a long thread for an introduction, so I will soon start my Jetmax questions and thoughts thread.

But, before I do that, Doc, why do you have a compressor?

And one more thing, my plate doesn't fit. Am I going to need to drill out the plate or the mount to make this fit, or did I get a wrong mount for USA plates?
    Winemaker, Meat Smoker, Stock Trader and Scooter rider.

5. #15 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    I carry a compressor on all my bikes (multiple ride choices in my garage and countries too hahaha! long story). Compressor so that if I or anyone of the bikers that I ride with suffer a puncture on a bike, we have air for inflating the tyre after using the puncture repair inserts or otherwise puncture repair. Understand that in China, service stations do not have compressors or workshops. Best policy I've learnt in China is be prepared and self sufficient. Hence tools and compressor. Though the other night I could have done with a spare battery or a set of jumper leads (which were in my garage at home) while I was out for an evening ride at a nearby mountain. Riding along, stop at a waterfall, turn of engine, refreshing splash of water, hop on bike, switch on key, battery dead, starter just clicking. Lesson learnt.

6. #16 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    About license plate, ok, hold on a tick.... runs down stairs to garage, tape measure... lah-de-dah... runs back up again... license plates sizes in China are 230mm x 150mm with two bolts near the top edge of the plate 170mm apart. Also legally required to have a plate (smaller and more rectangular) displayed at the front of the bike. Some bikes (motorcycles, motorscooters) will have the plate on the right hand front fork, while some will have a mount running lengthways on the top of the mudguard. Meaning the plate can be read from the right hand side. A few might have the front plate mounted front on by a screen or similar - just depends on what the manufacturer has fabricated.

7. #17 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    C-Moto Noob
    I talked to the owner of the shop where I bought the bike. He said I either need to drill the mount or the plate to have it fit.
    So on Saturday, I am mounting the license plate, replacing a burned out headlight and installing a bike speedometer. The bike speedometer is to provide me with better accuracy on my speed as well as giving me a trip odometer.

8. #18 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    The trip-meter, something I commented on in my review of the Jetmax, back two years ago. I can't fathom why with CFMoto investing 25% of their workforce in R&D that they can't get some of the simple things right. I guess that if one of the marketing guys that I met at CFMoto plant in Hangzhou is anything to go by - he was a recent marketing grad, his parents bought him a nice brand new car for his achievement, he got a marketing job with CFMoto (motorcycles) but he had no interest in motorbikes at all. When I talked to him about anything technical and such like especially about the Jetmax it was obvious he had no idea, it was going over his head, and we had to walk to the assembly liine where he had to ask some of the guys working the line what it was I was meaning - fortunately I could point out the issues on partially constructed Jetmax's "on the line". Pity is that the people that should read these CFMoto feedback & reviews probably don't and have no clue what the real world wants or needs... like no centre stand on the 650TR - stoopid! It's a touring bike. OH and still no trip-meter. Just like the Jetmax, no luggage rack in the beginning, and with the pillion grab rail design not such an easy fabrication job. Perhaps the designers thought oh well it has oodles of storage under the seat, so no further storage needed. Now if they were attuned to the bigger picture they'd realise that even the owners and riders of Burgmans and Silverwings of this world install topboxes and in some instances side cases too. That would suggest any smart manufacturer especially one moving into the market would be smart to factor these aspects into the design phase and offer potential buyers more "bang for the buck". There you go, not a huge cost of R&D there! Unfortunately, this is where many (not all, but many) Chinese manufacturers fall down flat, unless they copy or reverse engineer something that already exists. Problem with that is that often there is no improvement, just duplication - warts and all. Just sayin...
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 08-23-2012 at 11:36 PM.

9. #19 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    C-Moto Noob
    Your just sayin and I'm agreein'

Sometime, we will need to PM about the luggage rack. There just isn't enough room to allow me to make a stop after work to pick up things I need at the local hardware store. The helmet, light jacket for ride in to work, raincoat, my lunch pack and thermos pretty much fill up the under seat storage.

10. #20 Re: CFMoto Jetmax in Minneapolis, Minnesota 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Hey vintner, sorry for the late greetz.
    As per other posts, welcome aboard. You've found a site that is extremely friendly and helpful. I'm a Jetmax owner in the UK, and my trials and tribulations have been ironed out right here. If you haven't already done so, scoot over to bikerdocs posts - a wealth of info there. I have gone down the route of the luggage rack (thanks to the help from bikerdoc) - all I can say is "it turns the Jetmax into a cavernous beast"... Enjoy the site and your new scoot...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast