Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi all. Not sure where to post this, but as the title suggests, I'm looking for someone living in China who can order/buy parts for me and ship them to either Canada or Cambodia.

I own a Shineray XY-200-GY7 (2010 model). It's been through hell and back, but it's now having a bit of trouble. The most important problem is that I busted the rear suspension and it's such a rare/uniqe model that I need to order from Shineray (they're dual shocks, but really long. Way longer/wider than your typical 125cc shocks). So far, I'd been able to get everything fixed with SL or XR parts, but the rear shocks are too unique. Can't get my hands on anything similar (as you probably know, most dual sport/dirt bikes have a single, large shock rather than two smaller ones). While I'm at it, I figured I would also get a new front mud guard as well as side panels (which are all faded and brittle/broken). I emailed Shineray several times, to no avail. I once manged to get a guy's email in charge of the North American market, but he never replied... Some guy even forwarded it to him. I once called with a Chinese-speaking guy and they gave me the same email to contact. I wonder if the company knows that no one is at the receiving end, lol. Either way, I figure this might be due to Chinese being more comfortable doing business with other Chinese-speakers.

So I'm at my wits end and hoping someone living in China would have better luck that me. Maybe someone who has a Chinese girlfriend/wife and at the very least, get a price list for me. It would be greatly appreciated.

In a nutshell, I would like to know:
    1) What is the price for each part?
    2) How much would shipping be to Montreal, Canada, or Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

Here are the parts I need:
    Front fender: 5301154
    Rear shocks (the most important): 41070226
    Right side cover: 53031300
    Left Side cover: 53021223

There are a few other parts which could be useful (my exhaust seems to be done), but the rear shocks are the most pressing. Needless to say, if someone manages to get info regarding the price of each part and its approx shipping cost, I would be eternally grateful. If Shineray doesn't ship spare parts worldwide, I would gladly pay someone living in China to get the parts delivered to them and then ship them out to me (preferably a long-term member of the forum). I would also be willing to pay you for your trouble, provided the parts aren't insanely expensive. I have a parts list for an earlier model (so not sure if the side panels are the same colour), but I can't get any pricing info.

Any help or info from you Chinese expats would be greatly appreciated!

You can see some of the places where I've taken this bike here:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...e-reports-(SEA)

Here are a few pictures of the bike so you can see the rear shocks and the colour of the panels (not the camo pattern like some earlier models, just olive drab):

2. #2 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    The shipping rate offered by some forwarder (via City-Link Express)
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16206228224

3. #3 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks. That's definitely a step in the right direction. All I need now is price for parts.

4. #4 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    Search Taobao on XY-200-GY7
    http://www.taobao.com/index_global.php

Other ways to find parts on Taobao is to translate key words to Chinese characters and search on those.
    Like Xinyuan 鑫源 ….basically using words that are in the description of the model that is your bike.
    Also 鑫源白菜 which is Xinyuan Cabbage, will bring up parts for that model.

Once you find the part(s) you then use an agent to order the parts, if you are outside of China.
    Like http://taobaofocus.com/ you copy the direct link to the part and they order it for you.

It would not take much to set up a page on taobao that indexed parts with diagrams, but nobody has done that yet. They use pictures and bullshit to sell stuff in china, so you need to hold your nose and put on boots and gloves.

5. #5 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=20282598305

Look how much they are totally immoral and complacent about it assholes and admit online that they sell that bike with a 200cc with a 150cc certificate for emissions.

6. #6 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I searched Taobao, Shineray.com.cn in Ch!nese and Shineray.com... not coming up with much of anything for the XY200-GY7. Closest I got to shocks for that model was on Taobao http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=35773439701

7. #7 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    OP if you want to search yourself... try using 鑫源xy200gy-7 or 鑫源200gy-7 - simply cut and paste into Taobao search engine...
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 12-11-2013 at 03:04 PM.

8. #8 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 

9. #9 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Cool! I've found a few that might match. The one in black is probably from the older model, but I doubt they changed anything but the colour. I actually prefer black. What is the Chinese character for "exhaust"?

Thanks a lot guys. Now... Hopefully one of these guys can read English, lol.

Oh, and quick question: if I order from one of those guys, can they ship directly to me (like using Amazon/Ebay or something), or do I need to use a shipping company? Do they provide shipping costs BEFORE shipping?

10. #10 Re: I need someone to buy/ship some parts for me! 
    Many of the sellers on TB don't use English, and even those that might, the communication back and forth, often ends up with cross-cultural miscommunication. What you think they are telling you is often vastly different to what the other party means or intends and vice-versa.

The better idea is settle on what you think you want or need from TB sellers, then use a company like Taobaofocus that MJH mentioned in post #5. They will deal with the TB seller/dealer on your behalf, ordering the items, receive the items and ship them to you, and take either a flat fee or a percentage depending on how much you are spending etc.

Most TB sellers are not in the business of shipping overseas, they often don't have the resources or contacts needed to facilitate that, and it's usually far too much work to do so. Plenty of business for most TB sellers domestically, so little incentive to offer international sales. That doesn't mean all TB sellers or dealers don't ship internationally, but in my experience only more substantive companies that have a presence on TB offer this. Any company that wants to sell to international markets, does so through Alibaba as opposed to using TB. Alibaba is B2B sales versus TB which is aimed at B2C sales. Those listed on Alibaba, are more interested in big volumes. If you wanted a container load of rear shocks, fenders/mud guards etc then, that would be your connection to do so.

At the end of the day looking at the items humanbeing provided links to in post #8, IMO the prices are not much money, so you are going to have suck it up, order/buy what YOU think is going to work for you and your situation, as given your overseas location, returning an item that is not right for the application is likely going to have to come back on you. As it stands not all TB sellers offer any return/refund policy.

Shipping overseas can be really expensive too, and this is something that you might need to organise yourself, since few TB sellers are interested etc. for the reasons already stated. That is where a company like TBfocus et al., come in. Search online, you will find other companies like TBfocus that offer the same service...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast