Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 K-Max 50 top box 
    Today I had the K-max 50 topbox installed on my CF moto 650 TR. The K-Max 50 I believe is from Taiwan, but the base plate is the a clone of the GIVI.

I had the upgraded kit installed which includes and back rest for the Pillon and LED lighting for the turnsignals, brake and running lights.

The K-max 50, is a 50ltr topbox so it fits 2 full face helmets or a bunch of crap.
    IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg
    this photo shows all the LEDs activated, Brake, running and turnsignals (i was using my 4 way flashers)

IMG_1365.jpg
    The case uses a base plate for the quick detach function which works with Givi boxes. We used my friends Givi base plate to test compatability. Not sure what model Givi but have look for details. Also not that the wiring for the lights runs through the plug in the center on the case. meaning that there is no wires to diconnect. Just unlock and lift off the box lights and all.

IMG_1363.jpg

The price is good at around 1500rmb for the box with lights and the back pad around 400rmb, totaling 1900rmb installed. FIt and finish are suprisingly good and the quick detach + plus lighting are very handy. As you can see I went with Grey/silver to try to color match the bike and its close, not perfect but pretty damn close. Black is also available as well as red and blue I think.

I ordered the box from Jeff at the CF moto (they sell other brands as well) shop on Wu Zhong lu, his place is quickly becoming my favorite shop in Shanghai. Add: Wu Zhong lu near Qi Xing lu, one block past dragon rider heading west bound on Wu Zhong Lu.
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: K-Max 50 top box 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Thanks for that, 'Fingers. Is there a website for the CFMoto shop? Dragon Riders is a long slog from town!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: K-Max 50 top box 
    You know, I am not sure. I don't belive they do... Maybe I can them to create a Chinese/english Taobao site....

4. #4 Re: K-Max 50 top box