View Poll Results: CFMoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • CFMoto 650NK

11 47.83%
  • Benelli BJ600GS

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    Given the information you have so far, which bike do you prefer?

2. #2 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Jialing JH600. Hehe.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    BJ600GS, only because I'm used to riding inline 4s and love the smoothness compared to twins. Will be interesting to see how well these bikes last over time.

4. #4 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    Quote Originally Posted by quarterchicken
    BJ600GS, only because I'm used to riding inline 4s and love the smoothness compared to twins. Will be interesting to see how well these bikes last over time.
    I was starting to come to the conclusion that twins and triples are for street bikes, singles are for dirt bikes and fours are for compact cars. But if it shifts, no problem.

5. #5 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    If it has to just be on the way it looks CF MOTO for sure....
    But I agree it will be interesting to see how well they look and go in a few years time

6. #6 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    Just read the russian review: http://www.zr.ru/content/articles/46..._cfmoto_650nk/ provided by our fellow bikers! So basically if understand well this russian guy, the overall is pretty good:
    Pros:
    Maniable
    Flexible on normal road
    Engine powerful
    Passing gear ok when lower than 8Krpm
    Good look but the fake carbon on the black version which looks cheap.

Cons:
    Tires are bad, they don't warm-up: consequenly the bike doesn't stuck to the road: he reommend to change them.
    Breaks are inconsistents: in some situation they work well, in some others the break pressure is not enough... (not sure if I understood well that part though)
    Passing gear while ate 8Krpm is not swift.
    The bike doesn't suit well to a bad road (with potholes for instance)

Conclusion: It's far from reaching its japanese cousin (Kawa er6-n) level of quality but could be comparable to a Taiwanese / Korean / Chzech bike.

7. #7 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Just a quick view point worth considering here in China. Yesterday I was at a beach (YangShaShan) (nearby Ningbo where I live). I'd been invited along with several riding friends (Chinese guys). Tow if us rode there while the others came in cars with family in tow. Later a couple of us went to visit a mutual Chinese acquaintance/friend who is a "motorcycle mechanic". He had a dirty little motorcycle workshop in a semi industrial area which mainly dealt with cheap repairs and the flogging off of the odd grey import motorcycles (usually fairly rough units acquired cheap as). Well turns out he's moved and has a new store/workshop in a major part of town outside the Ningbo city centre. Not only has the guy moved he also has scored a Benelli dealers license, and the shop was covered with grand Benelli signs and what not. He had 4 new Benelli's on the shop floor, still under wrappers. Certainly the shop is ten steps ahead of what he had before. His methods though haven't changed, he's still fairly rough as guts. I'd just go with saying I'd not want to be having my bike serviced there. Another friend currently an unemployed car engine mechanic (which doesn't necessarily translate to a good motorcycle mechanic as I have been told) was also looking to set up a shop as a Benelli store. What this tells me is that Qijiang/Benelli will take on anyone as a distributor whereas CFMoto are more inclined to be dealing with real bricks and mortar dealers who are quite established. OK there might be some exceptions, but from my observations that's how it appears.

Not that that means the CFMoto dealers will be that much better, but from my casual observations, Benelli is just trying to saturate the market, only time will tell about the service/warranty aspect.

For this reason I'm with CFMoto, and the fact that I've owned a couple and dealt with service/warranty issues where CFMoto have been fast to get it done. Also for CFMoto's newer models starting from the Jetmax, 650NK and 650TR, shops that want to service said models have to send their mechanics for CFMoto training and are awarded a "certified service agent" certificate.

With so many new Benelli shops springing up, I'm sure it won't be long before servicing issues come to hand.

YMMV.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 08-27-2012 at 06:11 AM.

8. #8 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    The things that I like about the CFMoto are that the design is a little older, the company spends a huge amount of money on R&D, and the bike is a twin which I personally prefer, even though it isn't as powerful as the Benelli that really shouldn't be an issue on Chinese roads. Tires and brakes aren't as good, but they can be upgraded fairly easily.

The Benelli I like because it is an Italian brand with history, that has a powerful engine and good tires and brakes. I don't like the fact that it's not a triple and that it's just been released to the market and is bound to have some niggles.

Right now I prefer the CFMoto marginally, but this might change as more information emerges.

9. #9 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    2 topic starter:

Why didn't offered a third option in a poll: "Neither of the two"?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #10 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    2 topic starter:

Why didn't offered a third option in a poll: "Neither of the two"?
    That's easy... don't vote!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast