View Poll Results: CFMoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • CFMoto 650NK

11 47.83%
  • Benelli BJ600GS

12 52.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    But with that option you'll get a more realistic picture.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #12 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    But why Zorge? You need to compare to similarly priced, similar displacement bikes for the same use. The TR650 is more expensive and is a tourer, the JH600 is a single cylinder dual sport bike, so not for the same purpose. If you added ER6 or CBF600 then it wouldn't make sense as these bikes are too expensive and not available in China.

To be fair though, I asked a few of my Chinese mechanic friends and they all said 'neither', both bikes have problems.

3. #13 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    ^That may be the case, though sometimes in China one has to consider that asking a local for their opinion needs to be tempered with is their answer; based on fact, interpretation thereof, some blog, forum or the Chinese miniblog version of soap operas, or, just an inherent bias - which often is valid, though sometimes it's not. Many manufacturers have issues, even some of the luxury brands. Is it really fair, to be trying to compare these new to the mass market mid displacement motorcycles, when the companies in all fairness have little to no experience making them. It's a huge leap to be going from 110-125-150cc basic motorcycles and scooters that are copied from old designs, to much more modern technologies... If one takes stock about it all, just a year or two back, there were many (and I'll be the first to put my hand up here) that were complaining about what little if any choices and offerings were available except to buy an overpriced import (whether that be legit or grey market) and the costs and plating issues inherently associated with said choices. Yet here we are where several local manufacturers have upped the anti and fulfilled those wishes, or some international brands have imported other offerings (albeit expensive and perhaps not well suited to the local telent pool or conditions) yet still people are not satisfied. While the bikes on offer are a welcome addition, I realise they still leave room for improvement, but... With a little more time and input the manufacturers will get there. It's often the early adopters who help push the improvement changes needed. The major issue is getting our voices heard at the right level to have those changes effected. That is more of a problem... just my kuais worth... YMMV.

4. #14 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    Doc, I get what you are saying and I completely agree. I was just saying what mechanics I know said, not that I actually agreed with them! My bike for example is considered utter garbage by all Chinese riders. Weird how with some work, mechanical sympathy and knowledge I have been able to do 30,000 kms on it in three years. Sure I wouldn't buy it again, but it hasn't exploded, although it's a much different bike that left the factory.

To me at least both manufacturers deserve a chance, all I ever wanted was a plated 2nd hand CBF500, but I can't get that, so these bikes are an affordable option. Also being that my budget is tight and I like a bike to ride and am not into lifestyle choices or wearing badges.

To CFMoto tick the right boxes so far for few reasons....

1. They spend a lot of money on R&D (according to you)
    2. They honor their warranty, and go above and beyond (according to you too)
    3. I know a few people who work for them
    4. It's a twin cylinder

I don't care if the bike is perfect or not, all I want is a bike that can be fixed it it goes wrong.

5. #15 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    But why Zorge?
    These are my thoughts.

First of all, I do not like to buy something that has only recently appeared on the market. I do not want to be some kind of beta tester of any products and to test it for my money, which in the case of both bikes, not exactly small. Call this objective assessment.

The other thing is totally subjective: Modern nakeds are "not my cup of tea" - I do not like their riding position; gives me a blister on my belly. I'd rather show some interest for V-Strom-ish CFMOTO with this NK's twin.

Regardless of what I wrote, I am really glad that that I can see more and more Chinese bikes with displacement exceeding half a liter.

Although they are not a masterpiece, these two bikes are really something new in the Chinese motorcycle industry, at least step or two forward from what we've seen so far - real motorcycles in the full sense of the word.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #16 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    I voted with my wallet tonight, bought the CFMoto. did a ton of research on both of them. talked with mechanics, rode both, talked with current owners etc. I spent the last 4 years on inline 4's (ZX6 track bikes in Austin TX), so I initially leaned towards the Benelli, but there are just too many quirks about it...the problems people have are not consistent, which is a big warning sign. the CF shortfalls were more confined, thus easier to prepare for as an owner.

I'm a mechanic myself, so actually looking forward to digging into either bike if duty calls... but hoping for a few thousand k's of tool-less mountain rides in the next few months...

7. #17 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch7276 View Post
    I voted with my wallet tonight, bought the CFMoto. did a ton of research on both of them. talked with mechanics, rode both, talked with current owners etc. I spent the last 4 years on inline 4's (ZX6 track bikes in Austin TX), so I initially leaned towards the Benelli, but there are just too many quirks about it...the problems people have are not consistent, which is a big warning sign. the CF shortfalls were more confined, thus easier to prepare for as an owner.

I'm a mechanic myself, so actually looking forward to digging into either bike if duty calls... but hoping for a few thousand k's of tool-less mountain rides in the next few months...
    Great to hear, so looking forward to a more in-depth review from a mechanic - would be a real plus. Paste up your link in this thread once you have had time to get to grips with your new ride and your first impressions. Oh, and congratulations... let us know when you take delivery, and how you get on with plating the bike etc.

8. #18 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    Fletch if you have the time, please could start you own thread on this bike as bikerdoc says in-depth thoughts from a mechanic would be great.

9. #19 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    Good man Fletch! Let us know how you get on with the new baby!

10. #20 Re: CFmoto 650NK vs Benelli BJ600GS which do you prefer? 
    So Fletch, what's the price of the license plate in Beijing (downtown one)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast