Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    I just do not believe that Loncin is going to bring the 650 bike into production, that is just the impression I have, but I could be wrong.

The reserve part of the tank is not vented well unless the main part of the tank is empty. It creates restricted flow and leans the engine. Too lean burns hotter and its hard on the engine, its more of a longevity thing then a symptomatic thing.

2. #22 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    I see. No offence but I hope you are wrong in the end. It's just that I hope and pray for the opposite to occur. My guess is that you have insight into the china motor market and know something I dont. It would be a crying shame though. Motomia emailed me back a response on the possible importing of the CFmoto 650. Not really positive. I'm told if they imported these CFmoto 650's they would retail for around 50k! Plainly not affordable and silly as the Kawasaki 650's go for around 60k so it would be pointless! Something doesnt make sense? I know those CFmotos are retailing for just over half the price of the kawasaki equivalents in Australia! So what gives? Someones not talking as to the real why is my guess!

Ok, on to my bike and the possible long term ramifications of lean running. I hope I've not weakened her inadvertantly too much. To address the problem I added a little prolong to the sump to keep temperatures down and lessen friction. She seems to run a little smoother so lets see how that pans out. Any other advice?

3. #23 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    50,000.00 ZAR = 6,069.91 USD

Here is a link to a dealer in Australia selling the NK650...

4. #24 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    Australia is not the most over priced market, Brazil is for sure and some of the EU is also ridiculously overpriced.

I wonder what the price of the CFMOTO will be in the USA? Not that I want one because its not that appealing to me. This market is certainly not gagging for it , most of the naked 650’s came and left at a discount. The ER6N is I believe in closeout, the other naked 650 bikes of the past all had languishing sales. The preferred configuration of that engine is in the 650 Ninja.

5. #25 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    Kawasaki just launched the Ninja 300 for 2013, it has a USA MSRP of $4,750.00 only a few hundred more then the 250?

If I could get the 300 in the form of the Versys or even a 250 Versys styled model for closer to $4,000.00 They would get my attention. I am not into the crouched ridding position and rear sets. But I am in a market outer layer. So is the NK650 their is market for them, but not as big as the race style bikes.

The 300 in ZA I think a 40hp twin is enough for me, I am not into carving around...that much.

6. #26 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    So seems to me that the winner of the chicken diner, would be a full line of 300cc twins? They could be a Loncin line maybe? But Loncin only has the 300cc single which is not as good, not as good as a 40hp twin,. With only 26.2hp, but that is not bad though, if they are geared correctly.

A line of 300cc bikes would be cool for Loncin, singles and twins? Big brothers to the 150 line they have, which are fairly nice.

7. #27 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    Wow that Ninja 300 looks impressive! Clocking in at a possible 192km for a 300cc bike is plainly incredible really. Wouldnt it be nice for a china bike to come in and be a real game changer by ushering in a twin that almost beats it yet has a delicious price to boot? Loncin could do it I believe or maybe CFmoto perhaps. One things for sure no one as far as I can see has made an entry level sports bike (china made) that features higher tweeking performance. Why not? Imagine a factory fitted performance pipe, or fuel injected option etc. etc. Charge a bit more of course, but at least give the customer more options I say. Air cooled thumpers simply dont deliver I'm afraid, out cometh the twin they must surely make! Ultimately why was there a huge CC gap whereby you used to have to jump from a 200 or 250cc all the way up to a 600cc. Where is the middle ground with 300's and 400's. This is the case here in S.africa anyway. I'm sure you guys in the states are spoilt for choice. We all want budget, best bang for your buck bikes. It's for this reason we support china bikes dont we? May they improve ever more!

8. #28 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    The 300 is being offered in the USA for $4,800.00, the 400 is offered in Canada for $6,999.00, Canadians pay too much for motorcycles. The Ninja 650 in the USA has an MSRP of $7,600.00.

These are all made in Thailand and are sourced through low cost centers, in that likely they have higher profits then the competitors.

Loncin has to hold true to its customer base, it has to build what is highly affordable and build up as it matures.

I think the 300cc single would work well as entry level adventure bike.

Currently they only offer the 223cc JL250GY Rover and LX150-70F

The 300cc singles would work well for models of these types, and offered for under $3,500.00 USD.

9. #29 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    If they want to add value and in that increase prices, then adding features like a GPS system that integrates with an online community, would be one way. They could even add a dash cam and allow all data to be interface with a online system. Getting new adventure riders and in that hooking them into a system that is user friendly. In that is a link to new sales and future advancements in product offerings.

A dashboard and accessible online, a page to store ride routes, related images and even video. It could also offer service records and even track miles, offer an online stores and even show authorized service centers on a map. It could track fuel use and all kinds of data, integrating the experiences into a virtual community.

10. #30 Re: Loncin 250 owners manual needed please! 
    Very interesting proposition MJH, adding value in a unique way. I spose it doesnt always have to be about higher top end or more ponies etc. I've often wished for a GPS mounting thats weather proof to use sometimes. All the other features you mentioned are deffinitely possible for a small price. Why do you suggest it to one of these manufacturers? No harm done right?

Who is you favourite china bike by the way and why?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast