Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223040 ... LastLast
  1. #191 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtPaladin View Post
    I just got a set of these for my black/red 650nk
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251284852...84.m1497.l2649

that said the Aussie version (or at least mine??) has a horn where you guys are mounting yours and we have a welded plate just above it with a hole for sliders. you can see it here:
    http://observationsofaperpetualmotor...cf-trailer.jpg

Stupid question though. I cannot find and English manual and... I have NO IDEA how to lift the seats??? I need to get to the tool kit so I can adjust my pre-load!
    Here is the web page link to download a English Manual

http://www.cfmoto.cn/download/index.aspx

Go to page 2 on the link ok

2. #192 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Hello,
    I haven't really looked into the centre stand mount issue. Thing is, I'll most likely not service the bike myself, and the dealer has this paddock-like thing you put sportbikes on. So far no need for it. But I somehow guess (and by guess I mean guess :)) that TR's centre stand might fit. Will probably require some additional work on it, though.
    The 650TR has the mounting tabs pre-welded on the underside of the swingarm both sides, to accept the fitting of the "mounting posts" for the bike/motorcycle stand... the "mounting posts" are needed to be purchased separately and are available on Taobao for between 元20-70 per pair. Unsure if the 650NK has these mount tabs or not, as I can't recall seeing them when I had the preproduction prototype 650NK back in 2011.

A centre stand is not something that can be easily fitted to the 650 due to both the placement of the muffler collector box, and the inherent design of the engine being a stressed member of the frame. Meaning there is no frame bosses running under the engine that could be used to mount a centre stand. Therefore the bike/motorcycle stand like those used on MotoGP, SBK bikes and even in the CFMoto company showroom in Hangzhou seem like the only method of getting/having the bike parked in a true vertical position. At home in my garage, I park my 650TR on side stand with a brick under it - with just a little off centre left lean. Bought an extra side stand and having that lengthened, so I can replace both the standard stand and the brick. When the weather cools I'll look at investigating and experimenting on possible methods to fabricate/fit a centre stand.

3. #193 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Noob
    THANK YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Here is the web page link to download a English Manual

http://www.cfmoto.cn/download/index.aspx

Go to page 2 on the link ok

4. #194 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have this por clean and lube the chain... etc 935818_456234691140115_1901389635_n.jpg

5. #195 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grb View Post
    I have this por clean and lube the chain... etc
    What brand and part number for the bike stand? Or if it is a no-name brand, can you supply some info such as width and height etc or even a link online?

Many thanks in advance...

6. #196 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    What brand and part number for the bike stand? Or if it is a no-name brand, can you supply some info such as width and height etc or even a link online?

Many thanks in advance...
    Most bike stands can be adjusted for different width...

7. #197 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes, my bike stand it can be adjusted and fit in any bike. I buy it here, in Argentina, it was made here too.

8. #198 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    The 650TR has the mounting tabs pre-welded on the underside of the swingarm both sides, to accept the fitting of the "mounting posts" for the bike/motorcycle stand... the "mounting posts" are needed to be purchased separately and are available on Taobao for between 元20-70 per pair. Unsure if the 650NK has these mount tabs or not, as I can't recall seeing them when I had the preproduction prototype 650NK back in 2011.

A centre stand is not something that can be easily fitted to the 650 due to both the placement of the muffler collector box, and the inherent design of the engine being a stressed member of the frame. Meaning there is no frame bosses running under the engine that could be used to mount a centre stand. Therefore the bike/motorcycle stand like those used on MotoGP, SBK bikes and even in the CFMoto company showroom in Hangzhou seem like the only method of getting/having the bike parked in a true vertical position. At home in my garage, I park my 650TR on side stand with a brick under it - with just a little off centre left lean. Bought an extra side stand and having that lengthened, so I can replace both the standard stand and the brick. When the weather cools I'll look at investigating and experimenting on possible methods to fabricate/fit a centre stand.
    Sounds like a good idea! There will be pictures, right? :)

Hi all, if I could slightly hijack Steve's thread again, since it seems to attract the most NK riders...

My bike is running beautifully, when it starts... From the very first day I was getting ECU error lights, usually 5 long and between 3 and 5 short. This happens only when the bike is cold and results in the fuel pump not priming. U can hear the click on and click off, but the pump doesn't cut on.

Usually it'll start up after 20 minutes or so of trying, but it is less than ideal. Given that it is intermittent, I suspect a bad camshaft position sensor or the ECU itself, which seems more likely. The coil warning (5/5) makes no sense as it functions well once it gets going and coils either fail or function. Anyone have experience with something like this?

I also have the GPS security module installed, which can disable the ignition under some circumstances, but again, it only happens when I haven't ridden for a few days.

Went down to the garage last night to fire it up and take my wife out for her first ride and it wouldn't start. Grrrr.

10. #200 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    "Went down to the garage last night to fire it up and take my wife out for her first ride and it wouldn't start. Grrrr. "

Best to leave the wife at home bike are made for 1
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223040 ... LastLast