Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 616242526272836 ... LastLast
    C-Moto Noob
    Tbf mines now hit 12500km, I ride it hard through the mountains any chance I get. Last weekend I was out with a guy on an R6 and whilst he was flying around at well over 250kph I was able to get mine up to 200. It coped really well and considering it's a pretty unknown quantity I have full confidence in it.

I've had it serviced and it's cost me nothing else apart from the mods I've completed. As with any bike one every so often can be a dog, but I'd say that these things should turn out to be an old trusty :)

2. #252 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    ZMC888, I wouldn't've paid for the forks, still there are a few reasons:
    1. I had the same fork leg replaced already, and that was free, but I guess the replacement wasn't up to a scratch - I saw the old fork leg without a seal - the seal seat was all jagged and scratched. I got no idea as to what did that amount of damage to it, but I'm seriously thinking of installing dust sleeves on the forks just in case.
    2. After all, he replaced both shocks - so both shocks are new now. I got no idea for the state of the second old shock, but that seemed to be fine. Anyways, the shocks I got are from a 2014 production year model. Hopefully, they are better. HOPEFULLY.

The mechanic I took the bike to isn't my regular mechanic - they are the dealer I got my NK from. And, yes, I don't like them a lot.

I will most likely take the bike apart and have a closer look at the ECU on Monday or Wednesday, but I can't promise for sure. That light is not actually doing anything at all - it doesn't signal of any condition, since there is no perceivable condition at all. It is just mightily annoying. Might as well go Chinese: take off the dashboard and remove the light :)

Now that my kid changed the kindergarten, I believe I'm pretty much stuck with this bike for quite some time. It is fundamentally solid bike indeed. It has that feel about it, which is one of the reasons I bought it.

CFMoto Brad, hope you're right :) My daughter seems to like cruisers more, though... I think it's a girls' thing.

Tonka, 200 kph is a hug he achievement!!! I have no place over here to try that...

Oh, yes, one more thing (coming back to the forks) - well, the forks from a 2014 NK seem to be [drumroll] different!!! They are shorter, or set shorter, or the springs are shorter. Anyways, I can now put both feet surely on the ground. I noticed the change yesterday, but I couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly. I do like the new feel better - it feels more like a street bike now rather than like a heavy supermoto.
    It might be that my senses are failing me or I am hallucinating, but I had a couple of my friends try the bike out and both of them reported the same feeling without me telling them beforehand.
    So it might be more than just an illusion.

3. #253 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    OK Steve, now you've explained the entire fork situation it make more sense.

I also have a flashing light, it's 15 short flashes....service time. However on mine I can't do the throttle trick to turn it off. Luckily it stops after the first 15.

4. #254 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi guys, I am from Argentina and I have a 650 NK too. I want to know whats means the EFI Error Code #37, the owner manual says: ERROR_ D LAMP(Error indicator light)_OC 37 3(L.F.) + 7 (S.F.) . The error code comes after revs the bike up to 6000 or more RPM and only 2 times in a months. I need to know whats that means that EFI error code. By the way, the bike its run fine without any fails.

5. #255 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    ZMC888, at least your light stops blinking... Mine has been on and off by its own accord.

grb, hello! I don't know what that error code is - if it's irregular my guess would be a system hiccup. You could take your bike to the mechanic to have your ECU reset and connections on ECU, injectors tested, but it won't guarantee a 100% solution.

6. #256 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you Steve. The injectors are new (both) and I reseted the ECU but the problem persist.

7. #257 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    I've recently started experiencing problems with locks on my CFMoto. First, the steering column lock / ignition disconnects when the key is pressed all the way clockwise. Weird, I know, but it feels like: turn - unlock; turn - ignition on; start; press the clockwise and the whole electrical chain cuts off. Very dangerous on the road. I mean VERY dangerous.
    Besides that, I have some nasty mold sitting on the inside of the tank cap. Looks like it's rainwater + gas fumes, and I know it for sure that it should absolutely not be there.

01.jpg

So I got me a set of locks for the 2014 model CFMoto 650 NK.

02.jpg

Will see how they go. Replacing the locks today.

8. #258 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    I've recently started experiencing problems with locks on my CFMoto. First, the steering column lock / ignition disconnects when the key is pressed all the way clockwise. Weird, I know, but it feels like: turn - unlock; turn - ignition on; start; press the clockwise and the whole electrical chain cuts off. Very dangerous on the road. I mean VERY dangerous.
    Besides that, I have some nasty mold sitting on the inside of the tank cap. Looks like it's rainwater + gas fumes, and I know it for sure that it should absolutely not be there.

01.jpg

So I got me a set of locks for the 2014 model CFMoto 650 NK.

02.jpg

Will see how they go. Replacing the locks today.

Wau thats some nasty mold! How long has your bike been sitting still??

There has been some moisture in your tank or else that mold could not come there, or maybe its just some condensation what helped mould to grow.

9. #259 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    is that mould or corrosion? Looks like aluminium cap and steel tank which would be perfect to set up galvanic corrosion.

10. #260 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Wald0, my bike hasn't been sitting still for a single day. I literally ride it daily, to work and back and then some. What happened was that the gas cap internal rubber seal got all dry and cracked and lost of its rubber qualities, thusly letting rainwater go under the gas cap (my 20+ Honda Steed (VlX 400) doesn't have that problem, btw) and accumulate between the cap and the tank inlet.

zhu, seems to be mould, since you can clean it off with paint remover (or Chinese BaiJiu). After cleaning it off there aren't any marks on the inside of the gas cap. Then this thing builds up after the next rain.

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 616242526272836 ... LastLast