Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16263435363738 ... LastLast
  1. #351 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Position Sensor 
    Steve doesn't sound like it was the TPS. See the TPS just tells the engine how much fuel to put in, so logically if it were cracked then you'd have WOT throttle instead of idle or idling and not being able to open the throttle from idle.

The thing under the tank, I believe is the fuel filter.

To me it sounds like some cracked or damaged connectors or wiring is screwing things up. Those lamda sensors I believe are Magnetti Marelli design, surely they should be more reliable and be one of the last things to screw up. Electrical connectors also sound like the culprit because you say when riding in the rain or wet the bike runs better. That would logically mean that something is shorting and the water is preventing this shorting or there is a loose connection and the water being present is causing the conductivity to pass through it. I heard before one Auzzie guy traced fueling problems down to his damaged and very cheap ECU connector.

I wonder if it is possible to trawl though some of the wiring loom and replace the most important wiring connectors with western quality stuff. Should be fairly cheap, but time consuming.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 09-27-2014 at 05:52 AM.

2. #352 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Position Sensor 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Steve doesn't sound like it was the TPS. See the TPS just tells the engine how much fuel to put in, so logically if it were cracked then you'd have WOT throttle instead of idle or idling and not being able to open the throttle from idle.

The thing under the tank, I believe is the fuel filter.

To me it sounds like some cracked or damaged connectors or wiring is screwing things up. Those lamda sensors I believe are Magnetti Marelli design, surely they should be more reliable and be one of the last things to screw up. Electrical connectors also sound like the culprit because you say when riding in the rain or wet the bike runs better. That would logically mean that something is shorting and the water is preventing this shorting or there is a loose connection and the water being present is causing the conductivity to pass through it. I heard before one Auzzie guy traced fueling problems down to his damaged and very cheap ECU connector.

I wonder if it is possible to trawl though some of the wiring loom and replace the most important wiring connectors with western quality stuff. Should be fairly cheap, but time consuming.
    Might be worth it, I'm just not sure if I want to start doing it. Actually, the connectors that I came in contact with looked pretty reliable and none had broken plugs or spliced wires.
    The TPS was cracked, but not the throttle body assembly itself - I'll post pics later to clarify what exactly happened there.
    The problem was not there when I bought the bike and I can't identify what triggered it. I think I'll just go with the lambda sensors first (will install the old throttle body assembly after I glue the sensor), see if it runs properly.
    Then will replace the oxygen sensor that plugs into my airbox.
    If that doesn't solve the problem, I think I'll have to have a long chat with the dealer.

3. #353 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Position Sensor 
    Surely if you have two throttle bodies you have to TPS's. Not try switching them about?

4. #354 CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Bodies and TPS 
    Right, so here are the pictures of a cracked TPS on my throttle body assembly. Apparently, I have 2 throttle bodies (old version, not drilled) and one TPS responsible for both of them.
    After the pictures were taken, I glued the sensor with A/B glue (some sort of epoxy) and am planning to reinstall it together with 2 new oxygen sensors to see if it eliminates the red ignition warning light on my panel.
    If it doesn't I have the following options:
    1) Have a long chat with a dealership guy and force him to use his mythical ECU-reading equipment, which I heard of but never saw to goddamn help me out a bit.
    2) If it rides well, just forget about the warning light and call it "Chinese Gremlins".
    3) Syphon gas from the bike's tank into a 10L jerrycan and burn the bike right in front of the CFMoto dealership videotaping the whole shebang.

Anyways, here come the pics.
    Side view:
    01.jpg

View from the other side:
    02.jpg

Head-on view:
    03.jpg

The overall view of the assembly:
    04.jpg

5. #355 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Bodies and TPS 
    Steve the throttle bodies look weird. I've was sent two previously one drilled and one not drilled. Neither looked like yours. In fact I saw three altogether including the one in my bike. Yours actually look like the LAMS Australian restricted throttle bodies. Of course could just be an earlier version.

Both the ones I had look more like this http://www.taobao.com/view_image.php...erRate=53&fv=9

I also can't really understand what epoxying the TPS could possibly do. Inside is some circuit board and other crap of which I'm not sure of. I even heard of car people smacking ones that don't work properly with a hammer to fix them, they either work or they don't. Still worth a try.

6. #356 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Bodies and TPS 
    Steve the throttle bodies look weird. I've was sent two previously one drilled and one not drilled. Neither looked like yours. In fact I saw three altogether including the one in my bike. Yours actually look like the LAMS Australian restricted throttle bodies. Of course could just be an earlier version.

Both the ones I had look more like this http://www.taobao.com/view_image.php...erRate=53&fv=9

I also can't really understand what epoxying the TPS could possibly do. Inside is some circuit board and other crap of which I'm not sure of. I even heard of car people smacking ones that don't work properly with a hammer to fix them, they either work or they don't. Still worth a try.
    I took the pic of the downside of the throttle bodies, those that go into the engine. The upper part (that goes into the air box) looks the same as the picture in your link.
    As for epoxying the TPS, well, the sensor works (since the bike has been riding with a cracked sensor body for at least 2 months before I was shown the damage). I don't want the crack go further and have the sensor break apart. Apparently, the crack didn't influence the electronics inside, so I think it's worth a try.

7. #357 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Bodies and TPS 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    I took the pic of the downside of the throttle bodies, those that go into the engine. The upper part (that goes into the air box) looks the same as the picture in your link.
    As for epoxying the TPS, well, the sensor works (since the bike has been riding with a cracked sensor body for at least 2 months before I was shown the damage). I don't want the crack go further and have the sensor break apart. Apparently, the crack didn't influence the electronics inside, so I think it's worth a try.
    I remember the throttle bodies being similar (ish) either side, still I could be mistaken was about a year ago.

8. #358 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Throttle Bodies and TPS 
    C-Moto Senior

I changed my TB's while back and one what I Got back was drilled and both of them looked likes Steve's
    TBs...

Personally I think that TaoBao picture and Steve pictures are same.

9. #359 CFMoto 650 NK Not Stock Anymore 
    So, one of these days I went to my mechanic for lambda-sensor change (straight away, changing lambda sensors and air filter sensor didnt solve my EFI warning problem).
    What happens is: I remove the bellypan and I kind of like my bike this way.
    What followed: I removed all the fairings and relocated the blinkers, installed the seat from CFMoto 650 TR and took the protective shield off of the headlight (yes, stupid thing to do, since rain will definitely ruin it; as soon it happens, I'll put a good old CB 400 headlight on it).
    I relocated the license plate to the left of the rear wheel (used a chopper license plate bracket for it) and installed 41mm fork gaiters.
    Not that I wanted a specific mod or anything, but I like my bike much better this way. The best thing is: should I need to get it back to stock, the whole procedure will take about an hour or so.
    Oh, yes, the most important part: I ditched the stock rubber (finally) and installed a pair of Pirelli MT60Rs. That does make a difference!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

10. #360 Re: CFMoto 650 NK Not Stock Anymore 
    C-Moto Senior
    Why did you remove that protective "glass" from lights? I would like to say that you can ship to me if you don't need it as police broke mine many months a go (I was not eager to stop and give them money ;)
    But Vietnam will not let anything motorcycle related second hand stuff in the country

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16263435363738 ... LastLast