Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1323313233343543 ... LastLast
  1. #321 Re: Rain and CFMoto 650 NK Electrics 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Right - there's one really long flash and then a short one. So, low TPS it is. Do you know if there's any way I could deal with it? Thank you!
    Basically only way is to go to maintenance and tell them to reset TPS from ECU as out bikes it is not adjustable, but that said you can try to move it little by opening TPS locking bolt. it does not move much but maybe enough.

2. #322 Re: Rain and CFMoto 650 NK Electrics 
    Wald0, thanks! In fact, they performed a reset already and it indeed solved the problem for some time. But then it started blinking again.

Read it on one Russian forum dedicated to CFMoto's scooters that those irregular error codes are the result of some kind of air sensor failure and are a common thing across the line of all CFMoto products (quads, bikes, scoots). They aren't really relevant and can be ignored. It also said that those codes manifest themselves after the bike / scoot has been washed or after it was ridden in the rain since the humid air gets into the air filter and the system readings are incorrect.
    I do not know if that is true, and, if yes, to what extend. Just some info to think about.

3. #323 Just a Report 
    I rode a lot (for me) these 2 days before the storms arrived.
    The first trip was on Monday, 21.07.2014. It was from downtown Nanjing to LiuHe (or LuHe as some locals call it), a small suburban town. The other one was just around the city: downtown - XianLin - downtown again - mountains - downtown. Anyways, I rode more in these 2 days than I did in the previous month.
    What can I say... I'm in love with the bike. It never spluttered, never overheated, never through an error.
    It started, went, stopped and started again. Like a Honda would. Good handling, great pickup. My pillion somehow liked it (no idea why, really... I think NK 650 has a pillion seat specifically designed for torture).
    Even the fuel gauge was working!!!
    After all, a Chinese bike is like a Chinese girlfriend. When it's good it's great. When it's not, you will never know what's gone wrong (or been wrong all this time).

4. #324 3rd Attempt at a Topbox 
    The previous top box I had was shit. It was spacious alright, but it fell apart pretty fast. First, the lock went, and I strapped it over with a rubber line with a couple of hooks (included with a top box as a present... I wonder why...). Then one of the hinges broke apart, leaving the cover hanging off to the side when not strapped over.
    I've had enough of it and bought the next one from taobao. This time it's an ALDO 982 model. I got it in white color because ... why the hell not.
    Here's the link if anybody wants it:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=..._u=pk0i86r075a

And here's the pic:

IMG_6652.jpg

5. #325 Re: 3rd Attempt at a Topbox 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I did a ride from 30km out of Ningbo heading for SH last Saturday on the CF650TR. Had issues with the smartphone not recharging as I neared Jiaxing (near to SH). After attempting to use new recharging cables via a local China Mobile store (useless), I turned round and rode home. Got back at 9pm. I rode along the HZ bay sea walls on both the Northern and Southern sides for many many km's. 12 hour day in the saddle without many stops, 3 tanks of fuel. Bike performed without incident, however IMO the seat is too narrow and in this heat, uncomfortable. Don't like the 10 degree lean forward either. While I overheated at times (though the mesh jacket coped ok), the bike did not, fan worked a charm and LCD temp gauge stayed at 3 bars the entire time. My destination had been BMW Motorrad SH, instead I drove up on the Monday to look at some new bike options.

I have been using ADLO boxes for years. I have had others brands before but none have lasted long at all. Finally came across an ADLO when I was wondering the HZ motorbike market. It was a 981... and that particular model did real well... 5 years on I still have it. That sat on the rear of my Yamaha XVS1100, and even twice when the box fell off the back (first time was my fault, I hadn't attached it correctly, the second time was after a weeks riding all manner of surfaces that supposedly passed as main roads in Anhui, Jiangxi et al., the locking mechanism actually gave way resulting in the box falling off full of gear - the box stayed intact save for several areas of road rash). Replaced the locking mechanism and all good since.

I've gone on to buy multiple ADLO's, 981's and several 2012's. I'd like the upgrade to the model 2012 @ 35L, superseded by the model 2013 @ 42L, but can't get my hands on one from the factory. Currently have 6 ADLO topboxes in the garage... guess I should sell some

One guy buys ADLO's and rebadges them as BESTEM in the USA... goog.le it... or watch this video V P N required if you are stuck behind the curtain
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #326 Re: 3rd Attempt at a Topbox 
    From advise from the Doc I to fitted a ADLO top box to my
    TR as well, so far but only after 4000 km box is still ok and
    With no issues so from me + 1 for ADLO.
    Now with the Yamaha YBR fitted a GIVI 39L top box must say its
    Better but not the cost heheh so £ for £ and buying from
    With in China , ADLO is the way to go IMO
    I see from the link your ADLO cost about £14 and the GIVI
    Cost me £43 ?
    Good deal on the ADLO

When I left China I did have a ADLO box fitted but found out later
    after my Shark Evo3 came it would not fit in the ADLO top box
    so I needed to buy a lager new one in Thailand

image.jpg

ADLO top box fitted in China

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Much larger GIVI top box
    Last edited by prince666; 07-25-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #327 Re: 3rd Attempt at a Topbox 
    bikerdoc, prince666, I wish I bought an ADLO box earlier - would have saved me a lot of trouble!

8. #328 Re: 3rd Attempt at a Topbox 
    bikerdoc, prince666, I wish I bought an ADLO box earlier - would have saved me a lot of trouble!
    I can understand your comment like most of us here we just don't know
    until it's to late , but you have sorted it out now that is the main thing Steve
    The first top box I fitted on the YBR was not a ADLO and was told
    By the Yamaha dealer not to fit it , like most things in life you make your decision , it lasted 1 day hehe . Then I took the advise
    Of the dealer and fitted a ADLO box .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #329 Re: 3rd Attempt at a Topbox 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    I can understand your comment like most of us here we just don't know
    until it's to late , but you have sorted it out now that is the main thing Steve
    The first top box I fitted on the YBR was not a ADLO and was told
    By the Yamaha dealer not to fit it , like most things in life you make your decision , it lasted 1 day hehe . Then I took the advise
    Of the dealer and fitted a ADLO box .
    In fact, lots of Chinese goods are trial and error: phones, laptops, bikes, cars, girlfriends... You name it

10. #330 Re: 3rd Attempt at a Topbox 
    In fact, lots of Chinese goods are trial and error: phones, laptops, bikes, cars, girlfriends... You name it
    girlfriend ! Hehehe +1 but did help me to get along visa !

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1323313233343543 ... LastLast