Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 412131415162434 ... LastLast
  1. #131 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    3.jpg4.jpg
    Since a coup of days my 650NK was leaking coolant liquid from here (see the pictures). Any help for solve this?...

2. #132 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Applying some "gasket marker"?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #133 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    I'd talk to the dealer first - odds are your bike is still on the warranty and they'll fix it. If not, I'd remove the side fairings, disassemble the cooling system hoses and reinstall them with fresh sealant and clamps.

Hey Steve! A friend and I just bought 650nk's down in shanghai. Pics of our rides and our first trip out of town coming up soon. Where did you get the saddle bags? Are you happy with them?

5. #135 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by grb View Post
    3.jpg4.jpg
    Since a coup of days my 650NK was leaking coolant liquid from here (see the pictures). Any help for solve this?...
    Hey Grb, Yeah same happend to mine I think its just a bad fit around the hose try some gasket glue and a better clamp. I had some oil sweat around the filter too needed a a tighten, but all-in-all nothin major had Hondas do the same.

6. #136 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    Hey Steve! A friend and I just bought 650nk's down in shanghai. Pics of our rides and our first trip out of town coming up soon. Where did you get the saddle bags? Are you happy with them?
    I got my bags off taobao (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=13007990569) the brand is MotoFizz - can't say I'm very happy with them:
    a) Price - they ran me over 900 yuan with delivery.
    b) Fit - the bags are obviously not for this particular bike, so after fitting them you'll see they kinda push your blinkers back - nothing major, but looks ugly.
    c) Bought the same bags for my wife's bike from the same shop @ the same price - hers got torn up in a week and aren't waterproof at all and her straps were all stitched up in a wrong way,so she had to cut them up and re-sew them just to make them be properly adjustable.

Good points:
    a) Relatively easy to install on pretty much any bike.
    b) I've had them for over a year now - zippers, lining no problems.
    c) Pretty easy to remove and take away with you - don't know if it's a plus, though. I guess Shanghai thieves might be interested in that feature as well.
    d) Capacity - I got my rain gear (jacket + pants), boots, gloves, a small set of wrenches and a U-lock in them and I still got lots of space. Once needed to take 50+ books from home to school library - they fit. And I can strap any bag (plastic or otherwise) over, which increases the capacity like tenfold.

Thanks for the honest feedback! I think I'm looking for something a little more robust, since I live in shanghai and most of my rides will be a bit longer. Every set of saddle bags I've read about seem to have the same issues with this bike, or worse. I know it's not a touring machine, but if anyone knows of some good bags that have about 20 or 30 liters capacity and don't drag on the rear wheel, please let me know!

8. #138 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    ...I know it's not a touring machine, but if anyone knows of some good bags that have about 20 or 30 liters capacity and don't drag on the rear wheel, please let me know!
    Dear Micah,

Here's a rack for the 650NK for 600 rmb that could get you started. Panniers are extra.

cheers
    euphonius

Last edited by euphonius; 06-15-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #139 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CFMOTO Brad View Post
    Hey Grb, Yeah same happend to mine I think its just a bad fit around the hose try some gasket glue and a better clamp. I had some oil sweat around the filter too needed a a tighten, but all-in-all nothin major had Hondas do the same.
    Try checking any hoses around the location to see if any may have worked loose. Also check if any clamps have worked loose with vibration ot if any have split. There might also be an overflow hose/tube located there someplace, so worth traking the time to cjeck things yourself looking for an easy fix. Anything more than that I'd be calling on the dealer to claim under warranty...

10. #140 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Steve_Halt;58387]I got my bags off taobao (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=13007990569) the brand is MotoFizz - can't say I'm very happy with them...QUOTE]

Steve those same bags, a couple of riding mates each bought a pair to throw over the rear saddles of their respective Dragstars. I seem to recall they only paid about 元300 / pair. The bags seemed to have lasted almost one riding season, and both riders were fairly happy with them given the price they paid. Basically the bags are like temporary throw aways. One of the guys bought another set for th next riding season. I went full Monty with my Dragstar 1100 and imported a set of OEM leather bags from the USA (amongst loads of other OEM Star accessories).

My mates bags are long gone, my bags still hanging off the side of my Dragstar.

I've seen a number of hard cases with luggage racks advertised on Taobao. Here's a few taste testers...

Givi bags 元1680-2288
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=14693704189

Givi screen 元880
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=22327980491

Tourfella 元800
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=18262097514

This might be of interest, it's advertising a Yoshimura pipe, but depicts a bike with hard plastic cases similar style as found on cop bikes...
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=16186691391

Givi combo material bags 元1680
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=25001448417

Menat soft bags 元450
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=18228053556

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 412131415162434 ... LastLast