Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 513141516172535 ... LastLast
  1. #141 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    bikerdoc, thanks for the links, they are attractive!!! So 900 yuan sounds like I got ripped. Again... Damn... Well the good thing is those bags lasted me a season, now going on the second one and seem to be going alright. Will see how long they last and then get some other stuff.

themicah, euphonius's suggestion is very good I think. And yes, my bags are definitely not the touring ones - they are more like go-around-the-city stuff.

2. #142 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Try checking any hoses around the location to see if any may have worked loose. Also check if any clamps have worked loose with vibration ot if any have split. There might also be an overflow hose/tube located there someplace, so worth traking the time to cjeck things yourself looking for an easy fix. Anything more than that I'd be calling on the dealer to claim under warranty...
    I fit the clamp around the hose, but the fluid loss is in the botton, see the picture.1.jpg

3. #143 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by grb View Post
    I fit the clamp around the hose, but the fluid loss is in the botton, see the picture.1.jpg
    So I went right over my bike today had a couple of isues and alot of them had to do with loose bolts, got talking to some mates and they said that most new bikes they've had needed a go over too as the bike was 'factory tightened'. Anyway if it's not that you're gonna hafta take of that water pump cover and use a product called 'form a seal' Cheap works great just clean away any excess cause once it drys its never coming off.

4. #144 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    Hey Steve! A friend and I just bought 650nk's down in shanghai. Pics of our rides and our first trip out of town coming up soon. Where did you get the saddle bags? Are you happy with them?
    Hey Themicah, how much did you pay your plates and are they 沪A license plates?

Hey! I got the 沪C plates for 15k. That's more than enough, they are legal and you have to be mental to want to drive much downtown anyway. Maybe mental enough to pay 130k for 沪A! The bridges and pu-jersey are fun, but with c plates you're alright as long as you don't stop near a cop. It is tricky because you have to live in certain districts of shanghai to get them, but Jeff at Mingfan Moto helped us out.

6. #146 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    CF Moto NO DRAMAs

Regarding this:
    " I have a friend here in Nanjing, who has been riding his black CFMoto 650 NK for about a year now. He's willing to sell it because quote: "The bike's boring. Nothing happens to it. Nothing. I start it - it starts. I turn the light on - it's on. I brake - it brakes. Nothing fails, nothing breaks down. It gives me no drama".

Is your friend an Italian? Is his first name Valentino?

7. #147 Re: CFMoto 650s 
    I see New Zealand magazine Kiwi Rider has tested the 650TR and seems quite impressed. They make a good point about the bike being without any competition (as a light weight, mid-displacement touring bike with panniers as standard equipment).

Here's a link: http://www.kiwiridernews.com/2013/05...w-zealand.html

It seems as if one Chinese company has finally come up with a decent export model for, shall we say, 'western' tastes. I know China exports a lot of bikes into South East Asia, South America and the Middle East, but most of them are small displacement 150-200cc air-cooled singles.

And as Jialing has made no move to export the 600 single to our neck of the woods, the CF Moto 650 has gained a bit of attention. The fact is, the performance is virtually identical to a Kawasaki 650 or Suzuki 650 twin and some people in England have been racing them. At the same time, the engine is happy to run at the road speed limit without that 'straining at the leash' feeling you get from modern sports bikes (which should really only be ridden on a race track).

Having ridden around 20,000 km in China on 125 two-strokes and 150/200 four-strokes, I wonder how many places you can get close to exploring the CF Moto 650's performance envelope in the People's Republic. We saw a couple of places in Yunnan where you could get up it, but everywhere else, forget it. However, if they make one with a 21-inch front (or even a 19-inch front) wheel, shed some weight and fit wider handlebars, it could be quite a good thing in China.

Regarding comments about vibration through the 'bars, no one here has noticed that. Do your domestic market models come with bar-end weights? These have been used for years to quell the buziness in handlebars, particularly on in-line fours, but they will also work on parallel twins.
    l

8. #148 Re: CFMoto 650s 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Rewi,

Interesting riff on the CF650. You'll be interested to know that we've been hearing rumors for two years about a CFMoto dual sport built around this 650 twin, but to date they are just that -- rumors. Meanwhile, in the mid-displacement class the Jialing is still the best bang for your Chinabike buck for handling the extremely wide range of conditions that China throws at us. It goes pretty much anywhere, with little or no complaint.

cheers!
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #149 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by themicah View Post
    Hey! I got the 沪C plates for 15k. That's more than enough, they are legal and you have to be mental to want to drive much downtown anyway. Maybe mental enough to pay 130k for 沪A! The bridges and pu-jersey are fun, but with c plates you're alright as long as you don't stop near a cop. It is tricky because you have to live in certain districts of shanghai to get them, but Jeff at Mingfan Moto helped us out.
    HHmm there's a guy in my office building with a benelli 600 and 沪C plates, he already lost 6 points in less than a year as he was driving with his bike downtown. Basically 沪C plates allow you to drive in the countryside of Shanghai (I think it starts at Minghang district), but anything closer than that and you better count your points well.

when I bought my 沪A plates it costs me 60K, it seems that the price will never stop to increase, so not the worst investment ever. Plus a lot of bikers just want to drive without the stress to look into mirrors all the time in case there's a police guy in the area...Anyway enjoy your 650NK, mine got 2000km and so far so good!

10. #150 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    As for the risks of riding 沪C plates into downtown Shanghai, your mileage may vary. Milton's been commuting into Puxi daily on a 沪C for a couple of years and, well, knock on wood; he's had a very good run. It surely pays to be selective about the routes you take, and needless to say if you ride down a bike-unfriendly avenue like Changshou/Haining Lu, you are just asking to be stopped, fined and pointed.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 513141516172535 ... LastLast