Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 816171819202838 ... LastLast
  1. #171 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I'll try to check with CFMoto next call, on availability on ECM/ECU replacement and if there are specific market related considerations e.g. fueling centric requirements etc., and also if replacing a ECM/ECU is as simple as plug and play. Can't promise if I'll be able to get an easy answer though...

2. #172 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've changed the hose and the fluid loss not stop. Apparently the liquid comes from there (see the picture). How can I solve this?1.jpg
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (80.4 KB, 7 views)

3. #173 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Hi GRB

The only thing i can think of is you need to take it apart clean up all the bits and re-seal thats my 2 cents worth

or

swan-vesta-lg-matchesfull.jpg

4. #174 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    I'll try to check with CFMoto next call, on availability on ECM/ECU replacement and if there are specific market related considerations e.g. fueling centric requirements etc., and also if replacing a ECM/ECU is as simple as plug and play. Can't promise if I'll be able to get an easy answer though...
    So I was at the shop today and had a good ol chat with the mechanic and he said that the retardation is indeed inside the ECU and like everyone has said best thing to do would be to get a standard 1 from CFMOTO, so then I mentioned a bypass using the PowerComander V fuel management system that is mapped for the 650Ninja/ER6 and he felt confident that it would work considering the engines are for the best part identical. Then he took me to the back of the shop and showed me the NK he had just fitted an WhiteBros full performance exhaust system that bypassed the converter and after a little OOHHing and AAHHring convinced him to start her up and give it a pock.... DAMN! did the girl sound sweet, no dyno no tuning nessisary just bolted on... Cant say about the performance though cause no amount of flattery was gonna get the man to hand me the keys. So I'm putting my pennies away

5. #175 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by grb View Post
    I've changed the hose and the fluid loss not stop. Apparently the liquid comes from there (see the picture). How can I solve this?1.jpg
    Yeah Brother I don't know how handy with a spanner you are but that cover has got to come of and that seel fixed, remember to order a new Waterpump housing seal before ya do cause I don't recon anything else is gonna do it. You could use formaseel like I said but if your gonna take it off may as well do it proper.

6. #176 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks CFMOTO Brad and prince666. I take my bike to the mechanic (a friendo of my) and he promise me to fix the loss. Later I will post here the results.

7. #177 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Thanks CFMOTO Brad and prince666. I take my bike to the mechanic (a friendo of my) and he promise me to fix the loss. Later I will post here the results.

I think that will be best good luck

8. #178 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    I may have missed this in the thread, but is there any reason you are not taking the bike back to the dealership where you bought the bike and have this repaired under warranty? As others have pointed out, you're likely going to need to deal with that cover, firstly to make sure that all the bolts and fasteners are tight - and I'd say torqued to spec, but given that CFMoto probably don't have any toque specs you'd have to go with those from Kawasaki ER-6N I guess. If all the bolts are tight, then get the cover off and check/replace the gasket would be the next option. Again though, I'd be getting the bike back into the dealer to handle - under warranty.
    As for the gasket, I'm not sure you or your dealer will be able to get a replacement, since I was talking with a contact at CFMoto factory in Hangzhou (China) about ordering all kinds of items for my 650TR (CF650-2), from replacement panels, bolts, fasteners and other items. Nothing for the 650TR is available at the moment other than consumables e.g. spark plugs, filters etc.
    That doesn't mean that parts aren't available for the 650NK (CF650-1).
    Good luck, hope you can get the leak sorted.

9. #179 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Installed sliders. Bought from taobao, bolt onto the metal plates, seem to be fine.
    Hope to never have to use them.

IMG_3188.jpg

10. #180 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Steve, the sliders look like they'll handle any unfortunate tip over but fingers crossed you won't have any need to try them out. I've seen many of the sliders advertised on Taobao. Wondering if you might have looked at getting yourself a bike stand since there's no centre stand which on the 650NK suits the naked bike design IMO, whereas the omission on the 650TR is a real fumble of the ball IMO. I been looking myself, and found the mounting hardware for a bike stand specific to the 650TR, but am currently looking for a stand that is known to fit the 650TR (CF650-2). So far all the Taobao sellers I've contacted selling bike stands have no idea whether stands they sell (or what stand) will fit.
    Still looking...

http://www.bikelift.net

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 816171819202838 ... LastLast