Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20303839404142 ... LastLast
  1. #391 Re: CF Back from Oblivion 
    TexasAggie, prince666,bikerdoc, thank you guys!

I think it is the side stand killswitch as well (NK 650 has it). When I put the kickstand away the red "P" light on the dashboard goes out, so I've assumed it's OK. Now I am thinking it may be so that the part of the circuit "sees" the kickstand as put away, and part of the circuit doesn't.
    I will check it ASAP and spray some WD-40 over the switch meanwhile I'm at it.

2. #392 CF Moto 650 NK Panniers 
    Right,it's more than panniers.
    I finally rode my CF Moto 650 NK to the official dealer and had the bike diagnosed with a computer and what not. Ended up with a lot of parts replaced (including fuel pump, clutch basket and some other things here and there).
    Also, meanwhile the guys were at it, installed the panniers on it. Hoping to get another 4 years of riding out of the bike.

Bike 01.jpg

Bike 02.jpg

Bike 03.jpg

Bike 04.jpg

Bike 05.jpg

Worth mentioning, they have installed the new ECU and the new EFI system that I got from taobao autumn last year. They have also refreshed the ECU so that it all worked well together.
    Well, the bike is very smooth now. Much smoother than what it has ever been. It doesn't want to lurch forward at lower RPMs now. Feels much better, and the clutch is much softer with a much better feedback feel.
    I seriously think that if my bike had been properly diagnosed and set up from the start, it would have been a much more pleasurable experience.

3. #393 Upgrades and Pricing 
    If you guys are interested how much the upgrade was and what exactly was upgraded, here's a list of mods (Chinese):

Bike 06.jpg

4. #394 Re: Upgrades and Pricing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Steve, how many kilometers have your 650 NK? Do you change de ECU and EFI system... What is the new ECU. same as original (Ducati Energia Spa)?

5. #395 Re: Upgrades and Pricing 
    Quote Originally Posted by grb View Post
    Hi Steve, how many kilometers have your 650 NK? Do you change de ECU and EFI system... What is the new ECU. same as original (Ducati Energia Spa)?
    Hello grb, my 650 NK has 21,360km on the odometer at the moment. Yes, I have changed both, the ECU and the EFI assembly (the new one has holes in throttle bodies, the old one doesn't). The shop has done the replacement for me, also, it's not plug-and-play. After you replace either of them (or both at once), you need to hook your bike up to a computer and set the fueling map and all the other stuff that the ECU does so that it works nicely.
    And yes, the new ECU is the same Ducati Energia one.

6. #396 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Mine have 35.000 km on the odometer. machine still works like new, only have troubles with FI, blocked injectors (bad fuel), coolant and oil loss for the water bomb. Can you take pictures of the new throttle bodies?

7. #397 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by grb View Post
    Mine have 35.000 km on the odometer. machine still works like new, only have troubles with FI, blocked injectors (bad fuel), coolant and oil loss for the water bomb. Can you take pictures of the new throttle bodies?
    Sorry, the FI system is already inside - the pic may be somewhere above in this thread though. I can just say that the new throttle bodies look identical to old ones, except for they have small holes drilled in butterfly valves (one in each) for a purpose unknown to me

8. #398 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Steve, I wonder if you experienced that same problems that I'm having now, backfiring in the airbag, idle reving not very accurate and quite jurky at low speeds?

9. #399 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbin View Post
    Hi Steve, I wonder if you experienced that same problems that I'm having now, backfiring in the airbag, idle reving not very accurate and quite jurky at low speeds?
    Yes I have. All sorted out after the upgrade. I think you should start with refreshing your ECU and keep and old EFI system. If that doesn't help, install a new EFI system and refresh the ECU again (I mean, have the shop refresh it). If that doesn't work either, install a new ECU, a new EFI and flash the new ECU to match the EFI.

10. #400 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have refreshed the ecu using the throttle twist method but its still the same. When you say get a new EFI system what does that include?

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20303839404142 ... LastLast