Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
bikerdoc, don't like the headlights on TR and am not into touring bikes - I need it for city rides, slapping a couple bags on is enough for me. Besides, if I really needed protection from elements I'd've gone for a maxi scoot. Wouldn't want a BJ 600 given that it kicks in above 8000rpm and where I ride I need power way below that. Won't be revving a bike lots, I'm a city rider after all. Pity they didn't go with a cruiser - that would've been welcome given that there's no competition at the moment. And I bet CFMoto could've crafted something more beautiful & ergonomic than Regal Raptor and QianJiang did.
The main issue I have with naked bikes in China (regardless which manufacturer) is that without the screen or fairing I've found that I end up really grubby after a good days riding. Mind though that my good days riding tends to start at sun-up and end almost at midnight give or take an hour or two. My riding mates tend to want to get sorted for accommodation before dark, but not me. I realise that just on dark and an hour or two thereafter the roads can and do get a little lethal but roll on an additional hour or more and the riff-raff of road users (cyclists, eBikes and pedestrians) all tend to head indoors, and even the numbers of cars decrease exponentially the later it gets. My Dragstar I just had to put a screen on, to afford myself some kind of protection from the dirt and debris that us motorcycling fraternity can be exposed to. I still end up with a dirty face well at least the exposed parts, as I tend to wear a mask with a special filter, so I don't breath that crap into my lungs. Perhaps if I was in OZ or NZ I'd feel comfortable with naked bike, but not here. Besides I want some utilitarian type amenities on my rides, that provide function. I like being able to do a supermarket shop and am amazed myself at what I can stack away especially on my Jetmax. I'm sure CFMoto could have done a pretty okay job on building a cruiser, and who knows given time, that might still happen. JUst have to watch this space I guess.