Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 311121314152333 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Brad,

Welcome to MyChinaMoto, and congratulations on your new bike. Are you saying that the 650NK comes with some kind of performance retarder when sold in Australia? Why? Under what circumstances? Is it not possible to just disable the retarder? Or am I being naive?

I'm sure we can find folks in China to help if you need replacement parts to get it up to full performance.

good luck, and keep us posted.
    Euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #122 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    For some reasons, in Australia both 650NK and TR have been released in LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme) model only, generally those models are being provided to motorbike schools or novices as they are less powerful.

In France for instance, motorbikes are limited to 106HP max and 40hp for novices (less than 2 years of driving experience), upper than that and you'll get fucked by your insurance if implicate in an accident.

There's ways to soup the engine up back to its original characteristic though, but it depends the model of ur ride.

Limitations are being putted through several ways but the most common one are:
    - electronically, in most of the cases u just need to cut a cable located at the electronic module
    - a block/wedge quite noticeable as it’s located near the throttle grip, can be easily removed with the right tool
    - the pipe, simply change the exhaust.

Unleash that lady !!!.

3. #123 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Now that's nanny state behavior!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #124 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Brad,

Welcome to MyChinaMoto, and congratulations on your new bike. Are you saying that the 650NK comes with some kind of performance retarder when sold in Australia? Why? Under what circumstances? Is it not possible to just disable the retarder? Or am I being naive?

I'm sure we can find folks in China to help if you need replacement parts to get it up to full performance.

good luck, and keep us posted.
    Euphonius
    Thanks Guys for your response's

5. #125 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks Topmada for your input it didnt occur to me that it could be done simply by restricting airflow others have suggested that it could be in the EFI which could made derestricting tricky and expensive. Have allready looked at putting a knew pipe on will cost $450 will let you guys know how that works out. On another note how's everyones bikes going, I just clocked up 2000km and shes still sweet as a nut!

6. #126 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Dead Thread Revival

OK, so I've been riding my CFMoto 650 NK daily for a bit under a year. As you might know it's my daily bike which I use for home - work commute and an occasional ride out. Anyways, I went to 曹记车行 (the dealer I bought it from) form my regular maintenance.
    Point to make: their QoS increased like a hundred thousand times. Probably it was bikerdoc's influence or CFMoto's Quality Controlor some other magic, but:

1. Staff wears CFMoto uniforms.
    2. The boss jots down what I want to be done and checks the process.
    3. The guys get trained.
    4. They smile and say "Thank you" and tell you the exact time when your bike can get picked up.
    5. They make sure that things work after they replace / install them.
    6. They wash bikes after service.

Well, generally it's all about the attitude and I'm glad to see that the attitude of that bike shop gets customer-focused.

Anyway, stuff done: changed oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, checked brake pads (no need for replacement) checked sprockets (all good), oiled chain. And yes, they washed my bike afterwards. I was happy to pay 200 yuan for it all and pick my bike at exactly the time they said I could.

Pics follow:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

On a side note: I have a friend here in Nanjing, who has been riding his black CFMoto 650 NK for about a year now. He's willing to sell it because quote: "The bike's boring. Nothing happens to it. Nothing. I start it - it starts. I turn the light on - it's on. I brake - it brakes. Nothing fails, nothing breaks down. It gives me no drama".
    Well, to each his own,. I guess.
    Cheers!

7. #127 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Dead Thread Revival

OK, so I've been riding my CFMoto 650 NK daily for a bit under a year. As you might know it's my daily bike which I use for home - work commute and an occasional ride out. Anyways, I went to 曹记车行 (the dealer I bought it from) form my regular maintenance.
    Point to make: their QoS increased like a hundred thousand times. Probably it was bikerdoc's influence or CFMoto's Quality Controlor some other magic, but:

1. Staff wears CFMoto uniforms.
    2. The boss jots down what I want to be done and checks the process.
    3. The guys get trained.
    4. They smile and say "Thank you" and tell you the exact time when your bike can get picked up.
    5. They make sure that things work after they replace / install them.
    6. They wash bikes after service.

Well, generally it's all about the attitude and I'm glad to see that the attitude of that bike shop gets customer-focused.

Anyway, stuff done: changed oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, checked brake pads (no need for replacement) checked sprockets (all good), oiled chain. And yes, they washed my bike afterwards. I was happy to pay 200 yuan for it all and pick my bike at exactly the time they said I could.

Pics follow:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

On a side note: I have a friend here in Nanjing, who has been riding his black CFMoto 650 NK for about a year now. He's willing to sell it because quote: "The bike's boring. Nothing happens to it. Nothing. I start it - it starts. I turn the light on - it's on. I brake - it brakes. Nothing fails, nothing breaks down. It gives me no drama".
    Well, to each his own,. I guess.
    Cheers!
    Wow Steve thats great service! Just had mine serviced here in oz and while the service was OK( I only say OK cause the mec didnt tighten the coolent hose properly and i copt a blast of hot coolant down my leg) But the major difference is the price, just did a convertion and your was a quarter the price of mine! Not too supprised everthing is expensive here in Oz. I think your Chinese boys could teach the Oz boys a lessen or two.

8. #128 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    CFMOTO Brad, I think the fact that the bike's Chinese and is serviced in China accounts for a low service price. As for the service itself - yeah, the guys here have gone a really long way. Or maybe they were just putting on a show for a foreigner :) Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised.

9. #129 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Are you put and radiator protector or painted to black, Steve?

10. #130 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by grb View Post
    Are you put and radiator protector or painted to black, Steve?
    No nothing - the bike is completely stock. The only thing I put on it is saddle bags. Nothing else.

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 311121314152333 ... LastLast