Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1222303132333442 ... LastLast
  1. #311 Ignition Warning Light Again 
    Right. So after a week of trouble-free riding the warning light has come on again. This time it is different, though.
    This time it is one long, one short, then repeat.
    No idea what causes it since the bike is idling / riding just fine. By the way, the light doesn't come on when idling. It comes up when riding only.
    This time I won't go to the service shop since I can't find any problem with the riding experience.
    Will see what happens next.

2. #312 Re: Ignition Warning Light Again 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    According to the look-up table in the manual...

1 (L. F.) + 1(S. F.)= ERROR_I NJ1 (1 cylinder injector) _SC
    L.F. = Long Flash
    S.F = Short Flash
    S.C. = Short Circuit to battery

Checked both EFI code look-up tables in two 650NK manuals I have, to cross reference the code and they are the same. What I found interesting when I crossed reference this to the look-up table in the 650TR/TK manual there are no codes in single digits (0-9) or the teens (10-19). Codes start from the number 20+ and there are none related to the specific error listed above.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #313 Re: Handguards 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    prince666, yeah those are the reinforced ones and they do look great! I guess they are much more useful than mine ones :) Do you happen to have a taobao link for those? Is it "Racing boy" brand???
    He bought them in Thailand... but used the brackets only, and kept the plastic OEM YBR 'guards'.... so no TB link...
    - Pablo Picasso

4. #314 Re: Handguards 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    He bought them in Thailand... but used the brackets only, and kept the plastic OEM YBR 'guards'.... so no TB link...
    Thanks Doc letting Steve know that the item
    Was Purchased in Thailand and sorry no Taobao
    Link but what I can tell you that the doc didn't know
    Was the cost is about 300 rmb fitted and
    as the Doc said used only the frames and
    Cut the OE plastic guards to suit ! So
    Not a direct fit !!!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #315 Re: Handguards 
    bikerdoc, thank you for the error code explanation. So that is the injector problem, and the problem is short circuit to the battery... hmmm... How do I solve it I wonder? I have checked the cables right after I read your message - nothing that looks or feels like a short circuit. No burnt fuses, no nothing.

prince666, oh I see :) It's a neat idea to install the hard frames and cut the plastic afterwards!

6. #316 Re: Handguards 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    bikerdoc, thank you for the error code explanation. So that is the injector problem, and the problem is short circuit to the battery... hmmm... How do I solve it I wonder? I have checked the cables right after I read your message - nothing that looks or feels like a short circuit. No burnt fuses, no nothing.

prince666, oh I see :) It's a neat idea to install the hard frames and cut the plastic afterwards!
    Steve, sorry if I may have missed it already, but do you have a CFMoto dealer (with the CFMoto computer module) in your area of Jiangsu where you can take your bike, so they can connect it and read the error and attempt to clear it? How about trying to clear the error yourself?

To clear F1 errors...from memory:
    With key off (& if I recall correctly, engine kill switch on - so engine can't be started) > WOT (means twist - wide open throttle) > turn key on > wait for EFI light to extinguish > immediately it does... > release WOT > then turn key off... all done. After turning key on and normal operation of the kill switch. Has F1 light stopped flashing.

If that doesn't work try...
    key off (engine kill switch on so engine can't be started) > WOT (wide open throttle) > turn key on > wait for EFI light to extinguish/ or wait for either 7 or 14 seconds > immediately turn key off > then release WOT... and try normal operation.

I know it is a similar combination as described above, unfortunately with other bikes in the fleet I sometimes get confused as different bikes have differing procedures to deal with F1 errors...
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #317 Re: Handguards 
    bikerdoc, yes, I do have a dealer in Nanjing who is supposed to be capable of reading the errors and dealing with them. With all the other bikes sold, I have only my CFMoto as a daily rider, so I'll be able to take the bike to them Monday only.
    As for the reset, I know the procedure. Will do it and see if it has any result.

8. #318 Rain and CFMoto 650 NK Electrics 
    There is this really weird thing: when the bike is wet (e.g.: has been left out in the rain for an hour), the electrics work fine. When the bike is dry, some stuff is bound to go wrong, flash errors and otherwise malfunction.

Example 1: When my left handlebar blinker switch started malfunctioning, it would work only in the rain or after being splashed with a glass of water. Otherwise left / right blinkers just won't come on.

Example 2: After sitting in the rain overnight (no cover no nothing), the "1 long, 1 short" error code magically disappeared. The bike ran fine without the code flashing until it dried up. After about a 40-minute run, when the engine was warm enough and most of the bike dried up, the error code started flashing again.
    This is not a one-time thing, it's a regular occurrence - the bike sat in the rain for the whole afternoon, I started it up - no error code.

Since this never happened to any of my bikes before (for all I know, the presence of water doesn't sit well with electrical lines), I got no idea what this may be indicative of. Am I missing something here? Guys, I'm very interested for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

9. #319 Re: Rain and CFMoto 650 NK Electrics 
    C-Moto Senior
    Are you sure it is 1 long and one short?? as then there will be 3 flashes... one really long (indicates between error codes) then one little shorter and then short.. if you only get 2 flashes is it 1 and it is TPS low.

10. #320 Re: Rain and CFMoto 650 NK Electrics 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    Are you sure it is 1 long and one short?? as then there will be 3 flashes... one really long (indicates between error codes) then one little shorter and then short.. if you only get 2 flashes is it 1 and it is TPS low.
    Right - there's one really long flash and then a short one. So, low TPS it is. Do you know if there's any way I could deal with it? Thank you!

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1222303132333442 ... LastLast