Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 891011122030 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Believe it or not, nowadays Ducati (The Motorcycle Company) uses Mitsubishi FI - ECU / Siemens electronics among others........
    Did you not notice how electric problems on Ducati's disappeared in recent years?
    Seriously, electrics were a real pita on older Ducati's, guess they realised this as well.

E.

2. #92 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Believe it or not, nowadays Ducati (The Motorcycle Company) uses Mitsubishi FI - ECU / Siemens electronics among others........
    Sure thing. Italian mechanics together with the Italian electrics is one hell of a combination.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #93 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Sorry I failed to make myself clear. I'm just curious to know how there can be two companies called Ducati in the motorcycle space, and how big Ducati tolerates this. Or perhaps little Ducati is a spinoff with rights to the name. By "dual Ducatis" I was only grasping for cheap alliteration. I would like to know how these two unrelated but related (through market confusion) companies coexist.

Oh, and of course I was too lazy to google these myself...
    http://www.ducatienergia.com/eng/prodotto.php?id=40

The company sold off the motorcycles manufacturing...years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati

4. #94 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    To all those who doubt CFMoto 650 NK's reliability: today's weather was like this:

IMG_2163.jpg

yet the bike started as usual and rode as usual after some cleaning and a warm-up. The bike is kept outside in all weather conditions and is ridden in all weather conditions on purpose. Call it a long-term reliability test.
    So far so good.

5. #95 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Oh, you sadist...

6. #96 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    New word for you - motorcycle cover.

7. #97 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    New word for you - motorcycle cover.
    :) we would all want to check ChunFeng's reliability, right? That's exactly what I'm up to :)

8. #98 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    OK, right, finally!
    Something happened!
    Yesterday morning I noticed that the front fork seal (left leg) went bust and oil was spilling out of it.

IMG_2206.jpg

Probably it's because of the bad weather or bad road conditions or whatever else, but then again, why's that not both fork seals in both legs then?
    Anyways, last night I rode over to the dealer (南京曹记车行)and the dealer promised to fix that the next day (today, that is) for FREE since the bike's got a warranty.
    I guess it's all after bikerdoc contacted the right people and the right people gave 曹记 a call and explained him a thing or two about customer service.
    Well, they changed the whole leg assembly (right, all of it) within 45 minutes.
    Good job, I'm impressed. Even more impressed that they actually had the part in their shop and I didn't have to wait for like a month or so to have it ordered - delivered and all that.
    Keep it up, guys, and you're bound to change the market :)

9. #99 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Great news that you got the fork swapped out without much fuss other than some inconvenience. On another note related to CFMoto. I have inside info that the planned CFMoto 650 twin (using the same engine as the 650NK & 650TR) D/S ADVenture styled bike won't be far off. Preproduction models have been made and are undergoing testing currently. Top secret as I have been told, so many don't know about it. No firm details on release dates yet, after all preproduction data needs to be collected and reviewed before full production beginning. ;)

Also the CFMoto 650TR which is released by the factory in either of three colours; black, silver/grey, or red, has seen a limited/special production run of some 50 bikes painted by the factory in white. Only available as a one time only deal (within the next few weeks), even many CFMoto dealers don't know about this.

I'm off to CFMoto factory in HZ within the next 2 weeks, will report back to MCM more related info if I get any.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 02-28-2013 at 04:58 AM.

10. #100 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Great news on CFMoto taking care of you. To be fair, I have had seal blow out on new on a 2 week old Honda XR650L (and these have a bullet proof reputation) and have seen a complete blowout on the front spring/damper assembly on a BMW R1200GSA with less than 5,000 miles. (talk about an expensive cock up) Also, the roads in Nanjing are more suited for 9+ inches of off road travel than the average crotch rocket suspension of half that. I only point these out so as to keep a seal blow out incident in perspective. It happens to the best. Ask any off road rider about changing a seal and 9 of 10 have so much practice they can do it themselves in less than an hour easily from all the practice they have had.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 891011122030 ... LastLast