Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    OK, last night rode the bike around a bit. Feels solid. Well-build. And the brakes are good too. Felt to twitching, deceleration is smooth and predictable. No need for a bleed, at least now. Bike has powerful acceleration 70 - 150-ish km/h. Could easily do more, but not during the brake-in period. I'm doing my best not to over-rev it.

2. #22 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Was supposed to get the plates tomorrow - called the shop to set the meeting time for the legal stuff, was told that the documents weren't ready yet, so tomorrow's a no-go. I planned my classes around that appointment, and, had I not called first, they wouldn't have informed me about a problem with papers at all.
    What kind of customer service is that?
    Meanwhile I was told to wait "until called back". WTF? How long should I be waiting there then? A week? 2 weeks? Until winter comes?
    I payed the money (in cash) for both: the bike and the plates. Now, my options:
    1. Wait for them to call me (and hope they will call me at all);
    2. Ride to the shop tomorrow and ask them about the papers in person (I have free time anyway);
    3. Complain to... actually, who do you complain to in this case?

3. #23 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Steve,
    The CF moto dealers are individual dealer owners and there service does not directly effect CF Moto the company. However that being said ultimately CF moto the brand should be concerned if one of their dealers are providing subpar service as it can reflect very badly on the brand as a whole.

The 2 dealers here in Shanghai are top notch. I have had my bike a 650 TR since the intital launch earlier this year and have had excellent support from both the CF moto dealer, and the company.

I think letting CF moto know what their dealer is up to is a start.... however the end result might be that your dealer will loose his license to sell the brand. THen you out of luck for maintance and repairs.....

If you need technical help or service questions, and can work it over the phone PM when you need something and I can see what Jeff (my CF moto dealer) can do. Mean while I will look for the TR's production managers e-mail address and send it to you so you can begin to discuss the problems you having with you dealer.
    IMG_1485.jpg

FYI, the NK and TR both can use ER-6N exhaust parts. Sometimes they need a little help fitting just right but it helps to know their pretty close. For the Exhaust I ditched the big goofy stock can and went with IXIL's which can be found on Taobao
    IMG_1182.jpg
    New IXIL in place, very short and clean....
    IMG_1184.jpg
    Routing underneath, its a two into one into one into two
    IMG_1183.jpg
    Stock pipe removedheavy looking huh!
    Last edited by Shanghaifingers; 09-02-2012 at 12:33 PM.

4. #24 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Agreed, if you deal with a guy who just bought few NKs and TRs an maybe doesn't even have the official license fom CF, nor provide proffessionnal services, he might close in a year and then you can forget about your 2 years guarantee, I just bought the 650NK and the proffessionnalism of the dealer was decision maker (Jeff) , anyway good luck to you. For your info it takes about 15 working days to get the official license plate here in Shanghai: so patience is advised.

5. #25 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Thanks, guys!
    Shanghaifingers, your exhaust is exactly the one I've been thinking of getting from taobao. Yeah, it is there and it is available. I got a couple of questions to ask here, 'cause that'll most likely be my first mod to the bike. So,
    1. How long did the delivery take?
    2. How's the sound? I mean, that IXIL silencer seems to have removable baffles, does it make difference? If yes then how?
    3. Any improvement over stock powr delivery/acceleration?
    4. Did they have to reflash the ECU to match your exhaust or was it just a slip-on installation without any ECU tweak needed?
    5. How long did the installation take and was it difficult? Any problems in process?
    Thanks!

Topmanda, yeah it gets a bit slow here in NJ as well. Anyways, it's raining now and will be in the following week, so I'm OK riding my shopping scooter. It's just that, you know, you buy a bike you want to ride it :)

To all: been to the dealer. Talked to him about the documents delay. He was very straightforward and didn't seem like he was lying or making something up. generally speaking, he's hunting for plates off of an old bike so that they can be registered in my name and my bike could be replated with them. The same weird process you get in Beijing, Shanghai and other big cities.
    He got the plates, and the documents will be all done by the end of this week. My Sat & Sun are the busiest in a week, which means next Monday Sept. the 10th I will most likely be getting my plates. And may force be with me.

6. #26 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Take into account that you will, sooner or later, be annoyed by too loud exhaust.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #27 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Steve,

Actually he exhaust was on the wall of my CFmoto shop... So instant gratification! The install took less the 40min, but I could be done faster. Basically you unbolt the stock and slip in the new. My baffles are still in, and the sound is a little loader but not by much. IXIL pipes are know for a nice deep exhaust note, unlike the typical Japaness slip ons. I love the new sound. However the baffles will stay in, I think with them out it will just be annoying. I have TR so I put a lot a Kms a day and loud pipes as Zorge said get annoying not to mention the head ache they can cause.

One note. On the IXIL's they have a space to relocate the O2 sensor, but we can' and don't use it. It comes with a screw in blank off plug. make sure you use loctite on the threads as this does start to back off after sometime.
    Also watch the swing arm clearance. With the stock bracket Rm it's close to touching the swing arm when the bike is un sprung. Think about modding the bracket a little to gain a little more clearance. I have been running som 4000 Kms with the stock clearance with now issue.... But you never know.
    As I posted else where the mechanic did hook up the ecu to the little computer and change some stuff. but I think the mapping adjustment is very limited.

I did notice it gets up to 200kms quicker now with the pipes. Call it weight reduction or freer flowing exhaust, but the main benefit is the bikes tone.... It looks cooler to.

8. #28 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Guys, I joined the CFMoto club earlier tonight, picked up a 650NK in Beijing. Had a great first ride tonight, in the crystal clear air we had in Beijing today. looking forward to posting more feedback on the bike, as well as some fun mods.

9. #29 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch7276 View Post
    Guys, I joined the CFMoto club earlier tonight, picked up a 650NK in Beijing. Had a great first ride tonight, in the crystal clear air we had in Beijing today. looking forward to posting more feedback on the bike, as well as some fun mods.
    Dear Fletch,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. Congratulations also on the rare clean air day in Beijing. I was there on Friday and Saturday and couldn't see but 300 meters. Pollution index was pushing 300.

Looking forward to your wrencher's thread on the NK!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #30 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Take into account that you will, sooner or later, be annoyed by too loud exhaust.
    And also will be my lovely grandpa/grandma neighbors :)

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast