Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 233341424344 LastLast
  1. #421 New Problems 
    So, I have been riding my CFMoto for some time, and the new problems started appearing.
    1. The oil pressure sensor started leaking oil.
    2. The water pump started leaking water.
    3. The water pipe from the oil pump cracked and leaks water too.
    4. The intake manifold on the engine (the one between the EFI assembly and the block has started sucking air in, which causes power loss between 5 and 6 thousand RPM.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/cf-moto-650nk.html

This thread above has a lot of minor problems mentioned that 650 NK rider have had. I seem to have experienced all of them...

2. #422 Re: New Problems 
    Епта!

Все чинить тюбик казанского герметика!

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #423 Re: New Problems 
    Yeah if you are not about to replace seals, you can stop the leaks with some sort of product designed for that. Typical stuff for something that is subpar, considering how fragmented distribution is for the products these issues getting identified and resolved may or may not be getting addressed at production. Nobody likes a complainer, so the shops may or may not be providing feedback. In a good company if you find a problems it gets addressed, identifying a problem is respected, in a bad company staff is afraid to say anything negative. The whole concept of zero defects to some seems unrealistic, in reality it is, and always perusing perfection should be the agenda, never to accept that nothing is perfect, perfection is impossible however getting closer to it is not, it can actually be measured.

4. #424 Re: New Problems 
    Even with proper gaskets those silicone based sealants do their job. My first neighbor, who fixes all single cylinder internal combustion engines round here, spreads Polish K2 branded sealants on both halves of the three decades old, beaten and warped "Tomos" engine crankcases, fit proper gasket, assemble 'em and nothing leaks. Of course, those sealants are not "Nutella" to spread them in thick layer.

5. #425 Re: New Problems 
    Zorge indeed! I think I'll go with the new seals and gaskets and a proper sealant!

MJH agreed. Given that this is an old (by Chinese standards) bike, and is of the first production batch, I was kind of expecting for that kind of problems to kind of start surfacing at a certain time. I'd be happy if I could replace those manifolds, pipes and gaskets with the spares from Kawasaki Er6N, but those seem pretty hard to get... On the flipped, I read it on a few forums (Chinese forums, admittedly), that the new 650NKs (2014, 2015) are much better quality, component-wise.

6. #426 It's gone. 
    After coming back from my backward country and starting my CFMoto up, I found out that one of the two cylinders was either not working or misfiring. It could've been:
    1. Shitty spark plug.
    2. Bad ignition cable.
    3. Something with FI butterfly valves.
    4. Gas pump bumming out again.
    5. Some robot unicorn thing.

This time I didn't want to care, so I rode it back to the dealer, as is, one cylinder cutting off and firing up randomly and asked him for an exchange of some sort. I got me a legally plated Jetmax (yes, CF Moto again, yes) in a "meh" condition.
    Guess now I will study bikerdoc's thread on his Jetmax and see what comes of that bike.
    Bye-bye 650NK, I expected a bit more of you.

7. #427 Re: It's gone. 
    Piterec, new word for you today - REPAIR.

Again new bike!?

No! Scooter!? C'mon...

8. #428 Re: It's gone. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post

Again new bike!?

No! Scooter!? C'mon...
    Well, I got my XTZ to fool around on, but as for the city riding and groceries and all that a scooter is perfectly fine :)

9. #429 Re: It's gone. 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Again new bike!?

No! Scooter!? C'mon...
    What's not to like about a scooter..? especially a maxi scooter... which the Jetmax fits into in terms of it's size and wheel sizes too. It doesn't have the full fork length of my Burgman 650's (I own more than one), so the Jetmax rides harsher, but aside from that maxi scooters offer a lot of benefits in my book. Maxi scooters roll the same or similar, as most any other aspirated two wheeler albeit not so well suited to gravel, dirt or fire-roads or similar ... roll on the new Yamaha TTX off road scoot...

If one goes down (crash) on a scoot, even a bicycle (I ride a Dahon foldie), the asphalt, concrete or dirt don't give a rats arse what you may have been riding, the abrasions, lacerations and fractures going to hurt just the same, whether you came off of a 'real' motorcycle or a scooter (or bicycle). The riding surface isn't going to respect you any more or any less no matter what one rides!

On my latest ride from PRC to northern Thailand, it was a real hard decision to ride my mid sized GS or ride my Burgman 650. The deciding factor was all the dirt riding in northern Thailand otherwise I'd be riding my Burgie down here (and back). Way more comfortable... and carries a tonne of stuff.

In the last several months before departing PRC beginning Jan '16 for the Thailand trip, I had been riding my electric 144v scoot everywhere which meant zero petrol bills, and did me for 90% of my riding fix... and all my 70-100km round trip shopping fixes.

YMMV
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #430 Re: Steve's CFMoto 650 NK(春风 650 NK) 
    Right, the scooter ticks all the right boxes for city riding and is really comfortable as well. 250cc is more than enough for Nanjing traffic, besides I'm not one of those aggressive riders. Gets me and my stuff to and from work...

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 233341424344 LastLast