Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Jialing JH600 & JH600B-A Documents for Download 
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpatInPI View Post
    a JH150GY-2 in the Philippines that is marketted as a Motorstar MSX150-S.
    This bike? http://www.xici.net/d81910480.htm
    If the piston is 61mm, tons of parts in Philippines, Honda used sold GL145 (Hawk) there. taobao.com also very convenient to buy other parts.
    Parts catalog with tons picture are available in Chinese. http://www.jialing.com.cn/service/su...data/10.11.xls

Find someone from here order it to you seems the easiest way.
    -
    Use specs in Honda service manual & "brain" power in REAL situation !!!

2. #12 Re: Jialing JH600 & JH600B-A Documents for Download 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi humanbeing,

thanks for your time and the reply.

> This bike? http://www.xici.net/d81910480.htm

Almost, but not 100% the same. Here is the link to what Motorstar is offering:-

http://www.motorstar.com.ph/products/msx150-s

I suspect the differences are just cosmetic and of no great consequence but it is impossible to know from the photos whether Motorstar has asked any form of alterations/customisations for the MSX150-S although I doubt it.

> If the piston is 61mm, tons of parts in Philippines,
    > Honda used sold GL145 (Hawk) there. taobao.com also very convenient to buy other parts.

Yes, I have been told before that lots of parts from Japanese bikes will fit the Jialing. Fitting is one thing but making sure it is truely compatible is another. But when there is no alternative available in a reasonable time then substitution is what gets done. But how well that works depends on what it is that needs replacing. I am trying to get away from the substitution game.

Just as one example: One of the expats who broke a clutch lever assembly was told by the Motorstar (Jialing) dealer to go to the other bike dealers and look for something that will do the job. It is not a great answer but that is what he was forced to do and is adequate. He bridged out the starter interlock that is on the Jialing part but not on the substitution. One of the guys is preparing in advance by buying parts that are more likely to break. He is having mixed success with getting things even with the long lead times.

I personally would like to keep my bike in factory original condition. What I am trying to do is get the documentation that the dealers should have so that I can do their job for them. What I mean is, if we are looking for a particular part then put the order on the dealers with both a description and the Jialing part number. And if that does not improve the situation then find a dealer of parts in China and bypass Motorstar.

> Parts catalog with tons picture are available in Chinese. http://www.jialing.com.cn/service/su...data/10.11.xls

Thank you for the advice. I have used OpenOffice to look at the spread sheet but I am not sure it is showing all the information in the file. I will have to try it with a later version of OpenOffice. If I understand you correctly, you have highlighted the Chinese version of the parts catalogue. I dont speak or read/write any Chinese but I think one of the other expats in PI may be able to help on that. I am confident that the information I am looking for is available. The "Catalogue of Service Parts" for the JH150GY-2(268) is available in the UK and appears to be an English version. Here is the link valid as at 16/10/2012.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jialing-JH...item35c09dcb85

There is no space between the '&' and the 'hash' in that URL.

According to the seller it is dated 2000. My Motorstar MSX150-S was bought in February 2012 but I am not sure what the actual build date is. I do not know what changes have been made to the parts listing over the 10+ years.

> Find someone from here order it to you seems the easiest way.

Yes, agreed, it would be good to find a reliable honest supplier in China that we all can deal with. Pooling orders and spare parts makes sense.

> Use specs in Honda service manual & "brain" power in REAL situation !!!

I take it you mean the Honda GL145 for many of the specs. Yes, that is the fall back position but I am hoping to do better than reverse engineering and 'guestimating' unless I really have to. The problem with substitution is that while something may look the same, there can be significant differences in the metallurgy and manufacturing treatments ie differences in alloying, grain structure and orientation. etc etc. There are plenty more important areas where there could be subtleties of design that may not be at all obvious. So, I prefer to go with factory original parts. The Jialing engineers know the design parameters so it seems better to let them present the tolerances, clearances,torques,sequencing etc.

It really is not in the manufacturers interest to withold this information. Surely they take some pride in the products they sell and see the value of satisfied owners? I am working on the concept that it is the Filipino company Motorstar that is disappointing us more than Jialing. Maybe I am wrong with that.

3. #13 Re: Jialing JH600 & JH600B-A Documents for Download 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by tombaxers View Post
    Dear All Jialing Owners or potential future owners, I have just uploaded all the JH600 and JH600B-A documents that I presently have to my Google Drive for anyone and everyone to download here. Since this is Google I'm afraid that you are sadly going to need a VeePeeEn to get access to it.
    Hallo. Can anyone tell me how I can get a part for a jh600. Live in UK and need part no.2431A-F02-0000 Tony

At the moment, the breakdown of docs is as follows:

JH600

- English Maintenance Manual, however I AM MISSING Chapters 8, 9 and 14-21. Therefore if anyone has these please pm me to arrange transfer and upload. I know that Euponious is trying already to find them.

- Chinese Maintenance Manual - I only have a scanned version of this at the moment so if anyone has the original pdfs please arrange over pm to get them to me.

- Parts Manual, Service Price Guide and 2x Excel Spreadsheets with part numbers etc...

JH600B-A

- English Maintenance Manual. I've no idea if this even exists? But if anyone has it or knows of it's existence then please feel free to pm me.

- Chinese Maintenance Manual. This, I believe I have all of it as Jialing sent me their own link, however the drawings on the pdf are quite grey and hard to see.

- 2x Excel Spreadsheets with part numbers etc...

If anyone has the Portuguese Versions of the Service Manuals that I assume must be somewhere for the Brazilian market please feel free to pm me as I would be happy to host these and anything else as well so everyone can have one single resource to go to for all docs Jialing related.

Furthermore, when I have time this week I am also going to make up a Google spreadsheet of all known contacts for Jialing People, Dealers, Service Centres, Taobao Part sellers etc... I will allow full edit access to this so it can be a work in progress and everyone on here can keep it updated. Keep watching this post for the link shortly.

Any further suggestions for Jialing related docs etc are welcome. When I head to the factory at the end of this month I am going to try and bother them for as much as possible.
    Hallo. Live in UK and need part no.2431A-F02-0000 for jh600 can anyone help please

4. #14 Re: Jialing JH600 & JH600B-A Documents for Download 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Bart Sanders's Avatar
    Dear "Wombat" - meanwhile you should have received your part. Nice to see you being on China Moto !

Regards,
    Bart
    MOTORWERK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12