Actually I'm living in the UK but own a Chinese import version of the Yamaha YBR (2008 model but manufactured in 2007), and was looking for a bit of help! I think the bike is very similar (to the uk version) except for the carb... I've been giving it a good clean through and noticed I should replace the rubber gasket between the carb housing and the engine itself. However, for some reason the fitting is a different size and Yamaha here in the UK are unable to help me. I've searched the internet to no avail (I have the part number) and was wondering if there is any possibiliy of ordering Chinese YBR parts from the UK somehow? (I know its a longshot!).

Yamaha also weren't able to verify if the carb off the UK model could be fitted to my bike (I suspect it can be adapted but as the Yammy parts man said - I wont know unless I actually try). So, wanting to keep my bike long term (I love the bike its been superb so far) I can't help but wonder how much of a problem I'll be having with spare parts in the future. Although, I think aside from the carb and square headlight everything else (I hope!) is identical to the uk model.

Any advice / experience would be really appreciated!

Dave