Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Honda Ace 125

1. #1 Honda Ace 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have bought a Honda Ace "Taxi" bike. They have recently become available in South Africa for the very low price of ZAR9000 (about US$1100) which includes a 24 month unlimited mileage warranty. I have had the bike for a week and am very happy with it. Although the bike is built in China the quality appears to be pretty good. Apart from the handle bars needing to be tightened (I suspect they would have been removed for shipping) I have found no loose bolts. All bolt heads are marked with a blob of blue coloured ink from a paint marker. Having worked for 26 years in a Japanese company (Nissan) I know that this is to indicate that the bolt has been tightened to the correct torque. Apparently the manufacture of the bike will shortly (if it hasn't already) be moved to Nigeria.
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: Honda Ace 125 
    looking through some south african website it looks pretty light and very economical, should be a good little run around, a ride review would be nice and some of your own pictures.

Kennon

3. #3 Re: Honda Ace 125 
    They are being assembled in Nigeria, Honda has a plant in Nigeria. Honda can ship component parts from any of it global network and they are likely shipping them to Nigeria as parts made in China.

Does not matter you probably got a real good bike and for a real decent price.

4. #4 Re: Honda Ace 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    On the frame it has China as country of manufacture. The engine has the cylinder offset 6mm to the crank centreline (desaxe type) and I find it goes extremely well. It cruises easily up most of the hills around here in 3rd gear which really surprised me as I thought a 125cc would battle a bit. The suspension is very firm although only on the 2nd setting (I think there are about 4 settings on the rear springs) and the rear swing arm is made of rectangular tube. I wanted a strong bike as I'm not light and it will be used exclusively on very bad dirt roads. The passenger foot rests are actually foot plates about 200mm long rather than foot pegs and it makes carrying parcels very much easier as the parcel can be rested on the foot plate and tied fast rather than being strapped to the back of the seat. All in all I'm very happy with the bike. It's only done about 150 kilos so still a lot of riding before it gets it's first service.

5. #5 Re: Honda Ace 125 
    Quote Originally Posted by kologha View Post
    I wanted a strong bike as I'm not light and it will be used exclusively on very bad dirt roads...
    The chinese CB125 for "bad" road

-
    Same engine on another model: http://www.wuyang-honda.com/product/...catid=24&id=13