Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
  1. #171 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by sandor View Post
    hi All,
    I am in Sanya from dec 26 for a week. I want to rent a motorcycle for me and a scooter for my wife. Please let me know if you know any rental shop there.
    thx, Sandor
    Sandor - Welcome to Sanya and hope you bought the sunblock .
    ,There are some Sanya and island motor bike shops that will do a 125 cc scooter casual 'sale and buy back . Plus 'you can purchase a helmet .
    They usually do this with motor bikes they have extras of . You will need someone with Chinese language skills . If you have difficulties - we will see if we can help , as we are further north on the island . Cheers

2. #172 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    @prince666: thx. indeed it seems there is no any dedicated rental shop but one can "rent" a motorcycle from some motorcycle shops.
    @mega: thx. today I saw a large group of motorcyclist in a parking lot of a hotel in Sanya centre. One of them was a motorcycle shop owner and I could rent a bike from him:-)
    the bests
    ===================
    X2X 21/18

3. #173 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Senior
    I want to rent a motorcycle for me and a scooter for my wife.
    call one-eight-seven-eight-nine-one-eight-nine-three-three-three (Chinese) for HD trike / solo rental bikes but they are expensive and not sure they rent to foreigners...

ride safe! Pal

4. #174 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sandor - Be careful when riding in the greater Sanya area . Mostly during traffic rush hours - the police set up ' E scooter & motor bike stops to check your papers.
    The old highway going west is 'Ok , but we do drive on the expressway . Stay far right and watch for roadside debris .
    Best route for a 2 day scenic ride is up the 'east coast - then loop back on a south west diagonal route through the 'heart of the island . This will give you the mountains , along with good roads .
    If your bike is under 200 CC 'you will have some slow riding up some of the curvy but scenic roads .
    If passing Wanning - get us a text @ 138.1663.6060

5. #175 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    call one-eight-seven-eight-nine-one-eight-nine-three-three-three (Chinese) for HD trike / solo rental bikes but they are expensive and not sure they rent to foreigners...

ride safe! Pal
    thx, I rented a bike before your post already...
    ===================
    X2X 21/18

6. #176 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega In Shanghai View Post
    Sandor - Be careful when riding in the greater Sanya area . Mostly during traffic rush hours - the police set up ' E scooter & motor bike stops to check your papers.
    The old highway going west is 'Ok , but we do drive on the expressway . Stay far right and watch for roadside debris .
    Best route for a 2 day scenic ride is up the 'east coast - then loop back on a south west diagonal route through the 'heart of the island . This will give you the mountains , along with good roads .
    If your bike is under 200 CC 'you will have some slow riding up some of the curvy but scenic roads .
    If passing Wanning - get us a text @ 138.1663.6060
    hi. I have met smiling policemen several times without any issue. Mostly they were having a rest on (discarded old club) chairs or even in a hammock :-) not on the highway of course. I really enjoyed riding on s314, g224, s310 up to Baisha then back to Sanya on g224. roads are in good shape apart from some really dangerous sandy spots due to road maintenance

must return to ride more with a proper bike
    ===================
    X2X 21/18

7. #177 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Senior
    hi. I have met smiling policemen several times without any issue. Mostly they were having a rest on (discarded old club) chairs or even in a hammock :-) not on the highway of course. I really enjoyed riding on s314, g224, s310 up to Baisha then back to Sanya on g224. roads are in good shape apart from some really dangerous sandy spots due to road maintenance

must return to ride more with a proper bike
    word is out a group of bikers from Shanghai heading down to Hainan for a spring bike camp after CNY, definitely not suitable for the China scooter and small capacity bike crowd.

Ride safe, Pal

8. #178 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Pal is correct ...plus motor biking mainland in the winter is not realistic .
    There's two options for catching 'China's best winter 'two wheelin on Hainan ....Ship down a motor bike for 200 to 300 USD or rent a bike . The rental procedure may be a 125 CC motor bike purchase with a 'sell back .
    Note - we have a place to keep your bike for you to make a few visits .
    All visits should be planned at least a month in advance , along with air fares & transport .
    Kiki and I just finished a New Years tour from LongAn Guangxi to Hainan Island . Pictures and more info coming .
    Time to enjoy the winter sun , beaches and biking.. ... .....Cheers

9. #179 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    word is out a group of bikers from Shanghai heading down to Hainan for a spring bike camp after CNY,
    This would be interesting....any word on who these guys are or how to contact em'.
    LMMC/LAMF

10. #180 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Many of our immediate expat bikers are based in Shanghai and will ship their motor bikes down or get one down on Hainan . Most important is getting arrangements made { especially airfares & lodging } as soon as possible .
    Also there is over 3 months of great winter biking here ...no need to cram all into the Chinese New Years ..
    Get me a PM 'person message and will connect you with a Shanghai cyclist who may ride down , instead of shipping.....Cheers

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast