Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Heading down to the big island in the South a few more times this year and the JL sidecar will head that way as well later on, anyone rides bikes in Sanya or the rest of Hainan Island?
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    G'Day,

The JL sidecar got crated today and is on the way to tropical Sanya.
    Anyone on Hainan Island riding bikes and like to catch up during December / January, get in touch via PM or post here.

Looking forward to escape the Shanghai winter to a warmer climate for a while once again...... SEASONS GREETINGS!
    Attached Images

3. #3 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Nice crate dude! Custom built i guess, may i ask how much? I know someone in shanghai who wants to ship a CJ.

Have fun in hainan, some lovely riding out there too!

4. #4 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Nice crate dude! Custom built i guess, may i ask how much? I know someone in shanghai who wants to ship a CJ.
    Have fun in hainan, some lovely riding out there too!
    approx. 50RMB for nails and some metal straps, all the wood for the custom JL bike crate we had left over from a recently completed large construction project and manufacturing equipment imports. Xiao Fan (CJ & Jialing shop out at Honguo Road / Hongqiao - Shanghai) builds wooden CJ crates and ships bikes.

yeah, been around Hainan Island with our SUV and some nice areas for biking, more on this later.....

5. #5 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Bike was picked up on Wednesday outside Sanya from a shipping company depot. Had to go over to Haitang Bay for a meeting and took the sidecar for a run in loose sand to check the capabilities before hitting the beach for a cruise. The JL sidecar is quite heavy and slow speed has the wheels digging in and loosing grip, more throttle twisting gets the heavy sidecar rig going much better.

On the way back to Sanya (Dadonghai) checked out a bike shop apparently fixing HD's, CJ and JL's, typical crappy China shop in my opinion with no spares in stock the way the shop looked. In case someone needs to visit the shop in the future, GPS: N018°14'332" / E109°31'181" (not far from the Sanya Downtown Duty Free Shopping).
    Attached Images

6. #6 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Just over the mountain from Dadonghai, Sanya city constructed this massive Marina as the stop-over point for the 2012 Volvo Ocean Race. As with many big China projects, the place lacks business and no people around at all.
    http://www.serenity-marina.com

In the background of some pictures another huge construction project called Phoenix Island: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Island

Now, with the end of the world just around the corner some wise Chinese set up the Happy Valley near Sanya Bay….

Attached Images

7. #7 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    C-Moto Senior
    Sanya is OK, we were there for a month or so, last year.

I can't get my head around why you bother with fastening the side car to your bike.

Really isn't my cup of tea, but each to their own I say.

Gra.

8. #8 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Great pics TB, thanks for sharing! I am feeling total envy right now!

Forecast for Beijing tonight is minus 20, and minus 24 tomorrow. In Hainan, it is probably the same numbers, but without the "minus". Some crazy Jing'rs are saying this might be indicative that "the end is near".

However ...

Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 12-21-2012 at 01:32 AM.

9. #9 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I can't get my head around why you bother with fastening the side car to your bike.
    Because I can and love sidecars, great for moving people around, shifting beers & BBQ gear and easy to go shopping...

OK, back to Sanya cruising, hitting a few different beaches while going to meetings, great driving on the hard packed sand.
    Attached Images

10. #10 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Looks good... I'm still riding round these parts, though on one of my scoots, either the Jetmax or the Burgman 650 exec... weather has been damp lately, but that hasn't stopped me. Not as cold by the sounds of it as BJ... brrrrrrrrr! Scoot is great though for challenging weather... My Dragstar stays indoors these days, cause if I ride that I'd know just how cold it is, though with all the right riding gear it is still possible to overcome the elements to a large degree. Was looking to the other extreme and head off to OZ for some cross country riding... hahaha, but the weather is completely the opposite number spectrum... Guess I'll just head to NZ for riding in more favourable conditions. SO, MeRrY ChRiStMaS everyone...
    Apologies for the break in your regular programming, back on topic now.
    =)

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast