Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 scary but funny near miss ???? 
    Hi Guys

Just to report a near driving accident that i find scary but funny at the same time driving back home last night in my car thank god for that ??? down a 3 lanes road on each side on the road with a middle fence ruining down the middle with at points a pass through for vehicle to get from one side to the other ,time about 6.30 pm so it was dark and the road was Dusty so you had to concentrate on your driving .As i was driving down the road towards a cut in the fence coming from my left a 3 wheel ebike coming across from the other side of the road to the middle of the roads wear the cut in the fence is ???? got that ..... now we all know people don't stop so slowed down lights on full HID ???? horn blasting out load twin horns and the person looked up and see me coming ???? ok ones says to yourself still with the horn on i went for it doing about 40km at this time but f%%k me the person did not stop ??? slam on the brakes and just stop in time as by now i know it is a lady rider just looking at me as she with out a care in the world goes across the road when i said thank god for being in a car because if i had been on my bike i would of been of now ????

Just could not let it go so i went after the 3 wheeler ebike and stop the lady this is how the conversation went >>

Q.want are you doing ??
    A. so sorry could not stop
    Q. why
    A. have no brakes
    Q. no brakes why are you on the road and why have you no lights on
    A i need to get home and why should i have lights on ??
    Q. so people can see you better ??
    A you have lights so you can see me and if you hit me i will sue you ???
    Q. not if your dead ????
    A that fell on death ears

time to go before i lose it i said to myself as i said scary but funny ???

the chinese people have 2 hopes

1) NO HOPE ???
    2) BOB HOPE ????

steve
    Last edited by prince666; 09-12-2012 at 10:47 AM.

2. #2 Re: scary but funny near miss ???? 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    sorry so could not stop ... have no brakes ... i need to get home and why should i have lights on ... you have lights so you can see me and if you hit me i will sue you
    Valuable insight into which order those few neurons fire.

3. #3 Re: scary but funny near miss ???? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    One too many...
    Yesterday, riding in a mountain between Beilun and Ningbo, on the outskirts of DongQian Lake. I was riding my Jetmax round a road that follows the contours of a large dam/reservoir. The road has many blind corners, though many have a round mirror on most corners to allow road users to "see" round said corner. Well here I am, riding round, using the horn often as I approach each corner and then some. Plus I ride with headlights on, and on the Jetmax that is ultra white and bright HID lights. Well f@#%^k me, one of the old local numbnuts rides round a blind corner well and truly on the wrong side, I mean he was 2 feet away from the edge of the road to my right. I hit the brakes and come to a complete and controlled stop. The Jetmax brakes are bloody good. The sorry sap, locked up his rear wheel, slides to his left just as his ebike (those pathetic little scoot type bikes that isn't quite a bike and not yet a scoot, often with peddles that sometimes turn when moving), anyway, the numbnuts must have let of the brakes or freaked out as I was stationary, and his scoot then makes a beeline for the open drain so common on mountain roads round Zhejiang. His scoot and he end up in the said drain, completely upright. I kind of softly abused him, telling him wasn't paying attention, and that he was on the wrong side of the road and that he must be crazy... but then I couldn't help but laugh it was so ridiculous, as he was trying to manhandle his scoot out of the drain.

As I was laughing at the situation and at him, I said here let me get the scoot and then proceeded to lift the whole scoot out giving it a bearhug as I lifted the scoot back out onto the road. If it had been a car or truck the numbnuts would have not faired so well.

I get it, but they are often so disconnected from the reality of what could happen to them...

4. #4 Re: scary but funny near miss ???? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Guys

Just to report a near driving accident that i find scary but funny at the same time driving back home last night in my car thank god for that ??? down a 3 lanes road on each side on the road with a middle fence ruining down the middle with at points a pass through for vehicle to get from one side to the other ,time about 6.30 pm so it was dark and the road was Dusty so you had to concentrate on your driving .As i was driving down the road towards a cut in the fence coming from my left a 3 wheel ebike coming across from the other side of the road to the middle of the roads wear the cut in the fence is ???? got that ..... now we all know people don't stop so slowed down lights on full HID ???? horn blasting out load twin horns and the person looked up and see me coming ???? ok ones says to yourself still with the horn on i went for it doing about 40km at this time but f%%k me the person did not stop ??? slam on the brakes and just stop in time as by now i know it is a lady rider just looking at me as she with out a care in the world goes across the road when i said thank god for being in a car because if i had been on my bike i would of been of now ????

Just could not let it go so i went after the 3 wheeler ebike and stop the lady this is how the conversation went >>

Q.want are you doing ??
    A. so sorry could not stop
    Q. why
    A. have no brakes
    Q. no brakes why are you on the road and why have you no lights on
    A i need to get home and why should i have lights on ??
    Q. so people can see you better ??
    A you have lights so you can see me and if you hit me i will sue you ???
    Q. not if your dead ????
    A that fell on death ears

time to go before i lose it i said to myself as i said scary but funny ???

the chinese people have 2 hopes

1) NO HOPE ???
    2) BOB HOPE ????

steve

Similar event happened to me many times, but one time was early dawn riding round the back of Cixi heading for Shanghai on 1100cc Dragstar. On the new highway, 4 lanes each direction with big wide median section, and intermittent crossings. I saw a BIG 3 wheeler with larger than normal tray on the rear, approach from the other side. The ol' guy driving/riding didn't even f@&#%n look, straight across the road, I was doing 80-90km/h (speed limit is 100). I used the horns (loud) and headlight (bright HID) on, but still the numbnuts didn't blink an eyelid. It took all I had to stop and not hit the numbnuts, heart in the mouth type moment. I pulled up with 10' to spare, but it still was a close call. The numbnuts didn't even look, so I chased him and gave him an ear full and he was looking at me as though I was the jackass...

These people, what is it with them... I get it, its a developing country and yes using Maslow's and Erik Ericksons' theories and all that, but ppppoooollllleeeeasssse... can someone give them some common sense when they are conceived or something...

5. #5 Re: scary but funny near miss ???? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Similar event happened to me many times, but one time was early dawn riding round the back of Cixi heading for Shanghai on 1100cc Dragstar. On the new highway, 4 lanes each direction with big wide median section, and intermittent crossings. I saw a BIG 3 wheeler with larger than normal tray on the rear, approach from the other side. The ol' guy driving/riding didn't even f@&#%n look, straight across the road, I was doing 80-90km/h (speed limit is 100). I used the horns (loud) and headlight (bright HID) on, but still the numbnuts didn't blink an eyelid. It took all I had to stop and not hit the numbnuts, heart in the mouth type moment. I pulled up with 10' to spare, but it still was a close call. The numbnuts didn't even look, so I chased him and gave him an ear full and he was looking at me as though I was the jackass...

These people, what is it with them... I get it, its a developing country and yes using Maslow's and Erik Ericksons' theories and all that, but ppppoooollllleeeeasssse... can someone give them some common sense when they are conceived or something...
    Great story but to many alike we all have to tell maybe we should all get an old EU made strong car weld some steels around it and lets see how many numbnunts will can take out each day ??? i guess from my end
    about 10 a day is the nor around here .......

6. #6 Re: scary but funny near miss ???? 
    C-Moto Guru
    I've stopped counting the close calls that I have had and nasty accidents that I see; I now count the people who actually use their mirrors and 'wow' sometimes do shoulder checks! I give credit, also, to the few pedestrians who actually stop, look and listen before throwing themselves into the roads.

The pedestrians that get me really fuming are the ones who cross halfway into a huge busy road, dodging cars like that game 'Frogger'.