Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Some of the key characteristics that identify the Fazer 250, as a Yamaha product is the expertise that board, as their sisters as the largest electronic injection system, forged piston and cylinder with ceramic tile, look beyond the modern, easy driveability and low consumption.

The whole operation of the engine is provided by an efficient control system that drives a set of ten different readings. The heart, the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) monitors and analyzes the information from each sensor and transmits the commands to the various systems to work in order to meet the most ideal conditions for different steering, for example, the angle of the sensor inclination that is used to stop the injection of fuel when there is an inclination of the motorcycle above 65 degrees.

The electronic injection system coupled with the induction of Air (Air Induction System) - a device in which through valves connected with the air filter, injection, catalytic converter head and ensure minors emission of polluting gases in a motorcycle that segment ever produced in Brazil .
    The fact that electronic injection makes the motorcycle more "intelligent", which results in very efficient operation of the engine making 250 Add more economical because of better combustion of the fuel. "

The oil radiator, improves the ability of engine cooling, monocilíndrico a four-stroke of 249 cc and command of the simple valve head that develops 21 hp from power in 7500 and 2.10 kgf.ma RPM 6500 RPM, with forged piston and dispersive ceramic-coated cylinder of heat, like that in the larger models of the brand - XT660R, Do, YZ and WR, are also used because of their enormous strength and longevity.

The set also has other mechanical components that contribute to security, robustness and quality of components of Making 250, as; gear compensated spring damping installed at the right end of the shaft balanced, gears of the 5 marches reinforced, air filter box, with large capacity (3.5 liters) for a better functioning of the engine at low and medium speeds.
    Last edited by Luis Carlos; 12-07-2008 at 08:32 PM.

C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by billinsuzhou View Post
    I went to the Yamaha shop today and they told me they could order the YBR250 and it would be here in 1 - 2 days. They called and confirmed pricing on it. They told me 25000 initially, but I told them I heard I could buy one for 21000 thinking they would come down. After 15-20 minutes of negotiating they finally told me the best they could do was 23800. Also, they want a 5000 deposit. I am guessing there is one nearby so I might have to go looking this weekend.

I am really wondering if I should get that one or get the YBR 125 for 8000. They also had a european export YBR125 that looked identical for 9000. They claimed it was better somehow but I put them side by side and compared for 20 minutes and couldn't find any difference.

I think the 125 would probably be easier to fix on the road with more spares here.

If I could import it to the US I think I might get the 250. I get to bring a 20' container worth of stuff when I return. I figure I might be able to dissasemble it for shipping and reassemble back in the US. Might be hard to get a license plate though. Anyone ever tried it?

Decisions, decisions.

Anyone know what a fair price for a YBR125 is?
    Buy the european version (9000rmb), the black one looks good.
    From my point of view its the most reliable legal bike you can find here in China. I bought it in Shanghai, registered and insured it in Changsha for 236rmb. I checked in germany and i could also register it there since its on the market there too. Could be same in USA.
    Me and my wife did 26.000km on it in 4 month and its stilll fine.
    The original backtire is not so good, needed to change it after 9000km, the profile was completly gone.
    Only need to change clutch plates after 19.000km because I tried too much Check the pictures
    Attached Images
    Riding the horse to death

http://tuo-ma-si.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123